If you could ask Greta Thunberg anything, what would it be?

• 24 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone,

Have you seen the news that Greta Thunberg is heading to Bristol on Friday 28 Feb, to join the Bristol Youth Strike for Climate?

Her coming to the UK (and so close to PP HQ!) got us thinking - if you had the chance to ask her anything, what would you ask her and why? πŸ€”

To kick things off - I'd probably ask her if she ever thought her school strikes would become the face of a global movement, and what platforms she's found most effective for sharing her message about climate change πŸ‘.

I wonder if she'll also head to Bedminster to check out her famous local mural 😁

(snapped at the weekend when the sun made an appearance!)

7 replies

Do you ever wish you hadn't become the face of the climate change activist movement?
"What do the words Pure Planet mean to you Gretty?"
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
β€œGretty” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Badge +2
Who would win a fight between a bear and a shark?
25 quid;49060:
"What do the words Pure Planet mean to you Gretty?"

Ha that's a good one 😁 Not sure how she'd react to her new nickname though πŸ˜‚

At least 15,000 (with some thinking it was even up to 30,000) people attended the protest in Bristol! So she clearly has a huge following - originally the protest was planned to have a couple of thousand in attendance.
Badge +2
Nataly;49501:
Ha that's a good one 😁 Not sure how she'd react to her new nickname though πŸ˜‚

At least 15,000 (with some thinking it was even up to 30,000) people attended the protest in Bristol! So she clearly has a huge following - originally the protest was planned to have a couple of thousand in attendance.

Whats the feeling on the ground about the damage done to the green area? I've read some media content - but I think a lot of that should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'm a big Gretty (!) fan
Jowl;49603:
Whats the feeling on the ground about the damage done to the green area? I've read some media content - but I think a lot of that should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'm a big Gretty (!) fan

Criticism feels a little unfair. It was a very wet day, so any kind of gathering of that many people will result in mud. 🀷
And the grass is already growing back! BBC Bristol report here.
There's talk of creating small areas of wild flowers with the money raised.