12 small steps on the journey to an eco-friendly life...
1. wear everything at least 30 times
2. wash clothes less - each laundry cycle releases plastics into our waterways
3. share/trade your clothes
4. give up meat (or at least, eat less red meat, go 'flexitarian')
5. keep chocolate as a treat - cocoa plantations drive deforestation
6. go palm-oil free - this includes ingredients palmitoyl, stearyl, lauryl and glyceryl
7. use up leftovers and freeze extra food to eat at a later date
8. eat less avocado! A harder one for all the brunch-lovers out there..
9. use refillable coffee cups and water bottles
10. buy canned pet food, as pouches can fuse 9 different plastics and make them difficult to recycle
11. ensure you recycle as much as poss (and so avoid black plastic)
12. look out for ‘unwrapped’ fruit and veg in supermarkets
What other steps should be included?
There’s plenty of helpful content here on the Community too - including conversation on what kind of plastic can you recycle?, tips on being energy-efficient and a great thread started by