Heat pump tumble dryers

• 16 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Have been using one for 2 years, the salesperson waa very helpful and ubderstood how the device wirked.
Contrast my daughter's experience having purchased a similar model - the manager rang her to say it would only work in the heated part of the house!

Clearly no understanding of the productc,
stating a few degrees difference in ambient eliminated the energy saving.

Makes you wonder if profit/commision or ignorance was the driving factor

2 replies

repager;27736:
Have been using one for 2 years, the salesperson waa very helpful and ubderstood how the device wirked.
Contrast my daughter's experience having purchased a similar model - the manager rang her to say it would only work in the heated part of the house!

Clearly no understanding of the productc,
stating a few degrees difference in ambient eliminated the energy saving.

Makes you wonder if profit/commision or ignorance was the driving factor

Hi @repager

My only understanding of heat pump dryers is they re use heat/energy from drying the clothes as part of the process. This results in taking longer to dry but using less energy!
So I don't see why you could only use it in a heated part of the house??? The managers comments do seem odd. Having said that, I really don't know enough about the subject to say.
Welcome to pp
Hey @repager

Welcome to the Community! Great first post 🆙

Just to let you know I've moved this to our 'All About Renewables' section :raisinghands:

Good one to get everyone thinking about this product - have you seen any energy savings since using them?