Do you think the air feels cleaner?

• 17 April 2020
  • 8 replies

As we find ourselves heading into week 4 of lockdown, have you been going on daily walks to get some air?

And if so, has it felt like the air is cleaner?

According to the latest YouGuv poll, apparently 51% of Britons believe the air seems cleaner. 🀯

Since CO2 emissions are rapidly falling, maybe it's true!

Snapped on a walk near me 😁

Maybe the thought of some pure air is just the extra positivity we all need just now?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Think it’s more to do with people being more aware, rather than heads down into their phones as they get on with their fast paced lives. The rat race has been halted, and people are being reminded daily of the simple things in life, and the beauty of nature πŸ’•
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Last time I looked the rats were still running (after toilet paper)...
disclaimer: I like rats and apparently they make great pets...
Bev;52126:
Think it’s more to do with people being more aware, rather than heads down into their phones as they get on with their fast paced lives. The rat race has been halted, and people are being reminded daily of the simple things in life, and the beauty of nature πŸ’•
I can't say I've noticed it, however I am a bit 'out in the sticks'
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Nataly - definitely 🌏
Good point @Bev - I think part of it is that life is a bit slower-paced at the moment - I know I certainly have much more free time, to spend on walks!

The recent good weather helps, too.

Probably also contributed to by not needing to drive/ get on a train every day and being able to avoid the city centre (in my case) πŸ™‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
But in fact, only today I read, there IS some truth in it, and the air hasn’t been this fresh since 2006! πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, so there definitely WILL be some good things coming from this, as long as they’re maintained πŸ‘
@Bev absolutely, some cities, especially the most congested ones, have seen a huge fall in 'smog' levels - in cities such as Madrid the polluted air becomes particularly apparent throughout the hot summers, so the impact is really starting to be noted now.

It would easily bounce back if everyone jumps back into their cars though!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
And sadly, Nat, they will 😏