Climate change - opposing views on same day from The Sun and The Guardian

• 1 August 2019
  • 3 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6128 replies
Here's an interesting tale of two newspapers.

Today both The Sun and The Guardian publised opinion pieces about climate change.

Here's what The Sun says about the "eco hysteria".

And The Guardian, which describes climate change as "an emergency for all".

Which do you agree with?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Marc
Thanks for the post. The relief and development charity where I worked for 25 years identified around over 20 years ago that the global poor would pay the highest price for climate change. We organised a campaign involving young people, and I would like to think it played a small part in getting to the current consensus on the urgency of reducing emissions.

We didn't any young people not to go to school! I'm probably getting old, but I think campaigning should involve some serious individual investment and commitment, (as well as some fun) and not become an easy and undemanding band wagon.

Stephen

PS On a lighter note, posting while enjoying the cricket!
Hey @stephenrand
Are you still enjoying the cricket, or getting worried now?!

If you need another laugh, here's good old Donald Trump declaring he's "ended the war on American energy" and putting "coalminers back to work" :eek:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;34572:
Hey @stephenrand
Are you still enjoying the cricket, or getting worried now?!

If you need another laugh, here's good old Donald Trump declaring he's "Are you still enjoying the cricket, or getting worried now?! the war on American energy" and putting "coalminers back to work" :eek:

Hi Marc
There's another thread for the cricket, I think... but following England is a rollercoaster, isn't it? It all looked good when I posted, then it all went Australia's way, 24 hours later England are just about where they were... But I grew up watching cricket at Edgbaston, so I'll remain hopeful.
But Trump on coal is not funny, is he?

Stephen