• Pure planet trying to rip me off please be aware price increases

Name:  B125348A-55C4-41C7-9714-7B76EBD8D975.png
Views: 97
Size:  588.6 KB

Been with pure planet from November 2018 to November 2019 and there are trying to rip me off by doing estimated readings and charge me 300 on future bills which is more than market value. Also on the app I appararantly have 1347 debit

Please check out photos below and other evidence I can also send later.

This readings are wrong and no one has come recently to check the meter either

I am not even using all that energy or electricity you have calculated an incorrect figure

EDF energy were a great supplier only charged 174 pounds off a month and gave me credit when I switched. Worst thing I ever done was to switch to pure planet as they are hard to get hold off and repeat the same things via email

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  DBF0B5BD-E072-4E86-85BA-928B83EA6027.png
Views: 94
Size:  613.1 KB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  1318D3EE-2A73-4430-AC45-F19C601F5A6E.png
Views: 105
Size:  2.43 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  05C9E922-CEA8-4955-AB95-61C189F28E81.png
Views: 103
Size:  1.89 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  2C4D0FAA-4885-4D23-8B5E-6936D159FD31.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  1.20 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  68D7507D-7905-410E-8CE6-48F5E0F3F7D2.jpeg
Size:  1.18 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  B1E31E02-0BCA-4EF0-A170-6DF1B3A3EDF4.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  1.21 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  CBA75251-C5FD-43C3-B437-132CEB34F539.png
Views: 98
Size:  1.01 MB​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Marc; 11-11-19 at 08:53. Reason: Removing personal info - member's mobile number - from a public forum
  • Name:  B125348A-55C4-41C7-9714-7B76EBD8D975.png
Views: 97
Size:  588.6 KB

Been with pure planet from November 2018 to November 2019 and there are trying to rip me off by doing estimated readings and charge me 300 on future bills which is more than market value. Also on the app I appararantly have 1347 debit

Please check out photos below and other evidence I can also send later.

This readings are wrong and no one has come recently to check the meter either

I am not even using all that energy or electricity you have calculated an incorrect figure

EDF energy were a great supplier only charged 174 pounds off a month and gave me credit when I switched. Worst thing I ever done was to switch to pure planet as they are hard to get hold off and repeat the same things via email

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  DBF0B5BD-E072-4E86-85BA-928B83EA6027.png
Views: 94
Size:  613.1 KB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  1318D3EE-2A73-4430-AC45-F19C601F5A6E.png
Views: 105
Size:  2.43 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  05C9E922-CEA8-4955-AB95-61C189F28E81.png
Views: 103
Size:  1.89 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  2C4D0FAA-4885-4D23-8B5E-6936D159FD31.jpeg
Size:  1.20 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  68D7507D-7905-410E-8CE6-48F5E0F3F7D2.jpeg
Size:  1.18 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  B1E31E02-0BCA-4EF0-A170-6DF1B3A3EDF4.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  1.21 MB​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  CBA75251-C5FD-43C3-B437-132CEB34F539.png
Views: 98
Size:  1.01 MB​​​​​​​

• Hi
    I suspect.you don't realise this, but this post us publicly viewable - it's not only visible to PurePlanet staff.
    If you.have issues with PurePlanet, posting your personal information on an open forum is not the way to solve them.
    I would recommend you edit your post ASAP.

​​​​​​​Then, you use the 'Message the Team' option in WattBot to contact PurePlanet staff, and have your issue investigated.

Regards
    ​​​​​​​Gwyndy
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 09-11-19 at 14:31.
  • Hi
    I suspect.you don't realise this, but this post us publicly viewable - it's not only visible to PurePlanet staff.
    If you.have issues with PurePlanet, posting your personal information on an open forum is not the way to solve them.
    I would recommend you edit your post ASAP.

​​​​​​​Then, you use the 'Message the Team' option in WattBot to contact PurePlanet staff, and have your issue investigated.

Regards
    ​​​​​​​Gwyndy

• I’ve uploaded all evidence above for all to see on community and give me advise. Should I contact energy regulator for unfairness
  • I’ve uploaded all evidence above for all to see on community and give me advise. Should I contact energy regulator for unfairness

• Hello and welcome.
    there appears to be no photo showing the gas readings.
    photo showing transaction history would help.

but from what i see you have very rarely given actual meter readings and your payment plan was well below your actual usage. Transaction history will show this. It looks like currently you have under paid by about 50% which has lead to the debt being so high. You could ask to pay that back over 12 months instead of 6 and see what they say.
    Given more info and a better response may be available.
  • Hello and welcome.
    there appears to be no photo showing the gas readings.
    photo showing transaction history would help.

but from what i see you have very rarely given actual meter readings and your payment plan was well below your actual usage. Transaction history will show this. It looks like currently you have under paid by about 50% which has lead to the debt being so high. You could ask to pay that back over 12 months instead of 6 and see what they say.
    Given more info and a better response may be available.

• Thanks the gas readings are on right with the latest being 15939

what was the point me changing for EDF to pure planet in nov 2018 if they were won’t Going to be cheaper. Currently doing the figures 80 more a month on gas and electricity pure planet and no one to speak to. Just a waiting game via email

I’m switching to Scottish power or back to EDF. Name:  C7AEDD4B-C233-4C39-B5A0-8F1D630C1345.png
Views: 86
Size:  613.1 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Here we are below gas and electricity Name:  70A169A1-0A56-4922-A33A-6FF5FD7C9F93.png
Views: 88
Size:  615.5 KB
  • Thanks the gas readings are on right with the latest being 15939

what was the point me changing for EDF to pure planet in nov 2018 if they were won’t Going to be cheaper. Currently doing the figures 80 more a month on gas and electricity pure planet and no one to speak to. Just a waiting game via email

I’m switching to Scottish power or back to EDF. Name:  C7AEDD4B-C233-4C39-B5A0-8F1D630C1345.png
Views: 86
Size:  613.1 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Here we are below gas and electricity Name:  70A169A1-0A56-4922-A33A-6FF5FD7C9F93.png
Views: 88
Size:  615.5 KB

• Hello again.

​​​​​​​when did you get the email from PP ??
    can you show the transaction history please if you dont mind.
    on your meter readings the night reading disappears for some reason and it seems to show a distinct lack of actual readings this is proberly causing the issue.
    ​​​​​​​once its sorted and recalculated i think you wont owe anything.
    Last edited by Jon1; 09-11-19 at 17:35.
  • Hello again.

​​​​​​​when did you get the email from PP ??
    can you show the transaction history please if you dont mind.
    on your meter readings the night reading disappears for some reason and it seems to show a distinct lack of actual readings this is proberly causing the issue.
    ​​​​​​​once its sorted and recalculated i think you wont owe anything.

• Hi there
    @Jon1 is doing a great job trying to get to the bottom of this to help you out. But I thought it might be helpful to point out a basic fact

Unless there's something wrong with the meter or the readings, you are being charged for what you use.

We all compare what we pay out year to year, but what you pay is your usage multiplied by the price. So I can switch to a cheaper provider and still pay more, because I use more. In which case I'm not being ripped off, I'm still getting a better deal because if I hadn't switched I would have paid even more.

Hope that helps a little
    ​​​​​​​Stephen
  • Hi there
    @Jon1 is doing a great job trying to get to the bottom of this to help you out. But I thought it might be helpful to point out a basic fact

Unless there's something wrong with the meter or the readings, you are being charged for what you use.

We all compare what we pay out year to year, but what you pay is your usage multiplied by the price. So I can switch to a cheaper provider and still pay more, because I use more. In which case I'm not being ripped off, I'm still getting a better deal because if I hadn't switched I would have paid even more.

Hope that helps a little
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

• Hi haseebkayani,

I agree there seems to be something wrong with the calculations for the cost of your usage. (PLEASE READ MY CAVEAT BELOW)

(I don't know if there is a different method for calculating the readings from a day/night meter)

Assuming that PP simply add together the day and night readings (I believe this to be correct)

I have calculated your (approximate) annual figures using my own spreadsheet........and
    Your (approximate) annual costs should be .......

Electricity : £350 (inc Membership Fee + Dual Fuel discount + VAT)
    Gas. : £700 (inc Membership Fee + Dual Fuel discount + VAT)

These figures would produce DD figures of (approximately) ....Summer £70 and Winter £105 (average of £88/mth for 12 mths)

HOWEVER: You did state that your previous supplier charged you £174 / month and you received a Credit rebate from EDF when you switched away to PP........How much of a rebate was it ??

I feel that the information that YOU passed to PP during the switching process may have been incorrect/inaccurate.
    ​​​​​​​
    Also PP seem to be charging you twice as much for your Leccy than is being indicated on your "meter reading history" ???
    (Unless this is due to the night & day meter readings.....???)

You definitely need to contact PP regarding this to get it sorted asap

Hey @Marc & @Nataly......hope you don't mind me "sticking my nose in" ......but to my eyes......something is very ​​​​​​​WRONG !!
    Last edited by Gray4276; 09-11-19 at 17:37.
    Gray4276
  • Hi haseebkayani,

I agree there seems to be something wrong with the calculations for the cost of your usage. (PLEASE READ MY CAVEAT BELOW)

(I don't know if there is a different method for calculating the readings from a day/night meter)

Assuming that PP simply add together the day and night readings (I believe this to be correct)

I have calculated your (approximate) annual figures using my own spreadsheet........and
    Your (approximate) annual costs should be .......

Electricity : £350 (inc Membership Fee + Dual Fuel discount + VAT)
    Gas. : £700 (inc Membership Fee + Dual Fuel discount + VAT)

These figures would produce DD figures of (approximately) ....Summer £70 and Winter £105 (average of £88/mth for 12 mths)

HOWEVER: You did state that your previous supplier charged you £174 / month and you received a Credit rebate from EDF when you switched away to PP........How much of a rebate was it ??

I feel that the information that YOU passed to PP during the switching process may have been incorrect/inaccurate.
    ​​​​​​​
    Also PP seem to be charging you twice as much for your Leccy than is being indicated on your "meter reading history" ???
    (Unless this is due to the night & day meter readings.....???)

You definitely need to contact PP regarding this to get it sorted asap

Hey @Marc & @Nataly......hope you don't mind me "sticking my nose in" ......but to my eyes......something is very ​​​​​​​WRONG !!
    Gray4276

• Hi again

What happened when you replied to the email? Did you ask someone to call?

​​​​​​​Stephen
  • Hi again

What happened when you replied to the email? Did you ask someone to call?

​​​​​​​Stephen

• My belief is that this may resolve this month, because PurePlanet's 'estimated Night Time' figure for December 2018 (34365) is almost as high as the 'actual Night Time' reading on 8th November 2019 (34494) - it looks to me as if that's largely where the issue stems from.
    Presumably, in the abscence of accurate readings, PurePlanet have cumulatively overestimated the night-time electricity usage based on that initial error.

What I cannot understand is why Pure Planet have had to rely on 'Estimated' readings for so long, have you not been sending in actual readings via the app when requested?

By my estimation, Pure Planet have been calculating your usage roughly as follows.

12/18 573 Electric and 216 Gas
    01/19 565 Electric and 398 Gas
    02/19 534 Electric and 258 Gas
    03/19 940 Electric and 167 Gas

Now, not having seen the relevant parts of your statements, that means that Pure Planet have been estimating your:
    Electricity Usage as somewhere between 6408 an 11280 KwH per year - quite a big difference
    Gas usage as somewhere between 2004 and 4776 KwH(?) per year - also quite a big difference.

Your actual usage appears to be 1984 KwH, and 1854 KwH(?) Per Year - it's hardly surprising they think you owe them money if your usage is that different from their ongoing estimates.
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 09-11-19 at 18:52.
  • My belief is that this may resolve this month, because PurePlanet's 'estimated Night Time' figure for December 2018 (34365) is almost as high as the 'actual Night Time' reading on 8th November 2019 (34494) - it looks to me as if that's largely where the issue stems from.
    Presumably, in the abscence of accurate readings, PurePlanet have cumulatively overestimated the night-time electricity usage based on that initial error.

What I cannot understand is why Pure Planet have had to rely on 'Estimated' readings for so long, have you not been sending in actual readings via the app when requested?

By my estimation, Pure Planet have been calculating your usage roughly as follows.

12/18 573 Electric and 216 Gas
    01/19 565 Electric and 398 Gas
    02/19 534 Electric and 258 Gas
    03/19 940 Electric and 167 Gas

Now, not having seen the relevant parts of your statements, that means that Pure Planet have been estimating your:
    Electricity Usage as somewhere between 6408 an 11280 KwH per year - quite a big difference
    Gas usage as somewhere between 2004 and 4776 KwH(?) per year - also quite a big difference.

Your actual usage appears to be 1984 KwH, and 1854 KwH(?) Per Year - it's hardly surprising they think you owe them money if your usage is that different from their ongoing estimates.

• Hey @Gwyndy

What about the "Opening Readings" for 17/11/18 .....and the "Actual Readings" for 8/11/19....these are both confirmed readings.

These are the "confirmed readings" that I used in my calculations as this covers 356 of 365 days (as near as damn it 1 full year)

I think the system has "dropped a cog".......
    Due to the day & night readings being incorrectly "assimilated" into the "collective" (pardon my Voyager/Borg reference)

​​​​​​​However...........this needs addressing by PP though...........before DD payments are adjusted and cause @haseebkayani to have kittens.
    Last edited by Gray4276; 09-11-19 at 20:19.
    Gray4276
  • Hey @Gwyndy

What about the "Opening Readings" for 17/11/18 .....and the "Actual Readings" for 8/11/19....these are both confirmed readings.

These are the "confirmed readings" that I used in my calculations as this covers 356 of 365 days (as near as damn it 1 full year)

I think the system has "dropped a cog".......
    Due to the day & night readings being incorrectly "assimilated" into the "collective" (pardon my Voyager/Borg reference)

​​​​​​​However...........this needs addressing by PP though...........before DD payments are adjusted and cause @haseebkayani to have kittens.
    Gray4276

• Thank u this is all stressing me out deeply and that hope it can be resolved otherwise will give them until this month to sort it before I contact the energy consumer to complain.

This is is the letter below that is shocking me deeply who pays so much almost double what pure planet promise Name:  EF2D2F34-9253-414B-9907-C5EBD4502C77.png
Views: 80
Size:  876.7 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Will keep u all updated but this bad experience has made me want to switch to Scottish power or EDF who will sent someone to read the readings every month free of charge and notify when smart meter will be ready in my area whenever that will be a year or two from now.
  • Thank u this is all stressing me out deeply and that hope it can be resolved otherwise will give them until this month to sort it before I contact the energy consumer to complain.

This is is the letter below that is shocking me deeply who pays so much almost double what pure planet promise Name:  EF2D2F34-9253-414B-9907-C5EBD4502C77.png
Size:  876.7 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Will keep u all updated but this bad experience has made me want to switch to Scottish power or EDF who will sent someone to read the readings every month free of charge and notify when smart meter will be ready in my area whenever that will be a year or two from now.

• Hi @Gray4276
    The figures I quoted as:
    ​​​​​​​
    "Your actual usage appears to be 1984 KwH, and 1854 KwH(?) Per Year - it's hardly surprising they think you owe them money if your usage is that different from their ongoing estimates."
    Are based on the differences between.

"Opening Readings" for 17/11/18 .....and the "Actual Readings" for 8/11/19....these are both confirmed readings.

​​​​​​​Although I have to state, those figures seem very low to me, I don't have a gas supply.

These are the calculations I made, and the conclusions reached, including my very rough version of PurePlanet's 'Annual Usage Estimates'

If yours are different Gray, please PM me the details of your conclusions, I am happy to edit this post, these are just my personal reckonings.
    ​​​​​​​
    Name:  haseebkayani readings.png
Views: 75
Size:  24.5 KB

I remain firmly convinced this issue appears to largely be down to the fact there is no 'full' set of actual usage data for almost a full calender year.
    The nearest Pure Planet got is two out of three readings on 27th June.
    If any energy provider is totally reliant on its own estimates, and they are never corrected, of course the bills will be wrong.
    ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 09-11-19 at 21:44. Reason: Add imagre
  • Hi @Gray4276
    The figures I quoted as:
    ​​​​​​​
    "Your actual usage appears to be 1984 KwH, and 1854 KwH(?) Per Year - it's hardly surprising they think you owe them money if your usage is that different from their ongoing estimates."
    Are based on the differences between.

"Opening Readings" for 17/11/18 .....and the "Actual Readings" for 8/11/19....these are both confirmed readings.

​​​​​​​Although I have to state, those figures seem very low to me, I don't have a gas supply.

These are the calculations I made, and the conclusions reached, including my very rough version of PurePlanet's 'Annual Usage Estimates'

If yours are different Gray, please PM me the details of your conclusions, I am happy to edit this post, these are just my personal reckonings.
    ​​​​​​​
    Name:  haseebkayani readings.png
Views: 75
Size:  24.5 KB

I remain firmly convinced this issue appears to largely be down to the fact there is no 'full' set of actual usage data for almost a full calender year.
    The nearest Pure Planet got is two out of three readings on 27th June.
    If any energy provider is totally reliant on its own estimates, and they are never corrected, of course the bills will be wrong.
    ​​​​​​​

• Quote Originally Posted by haseebkayani View Post
    Thank u this is all stressing me out deeply and that hope it can be resolved otherwise will give them until this month to sort it before I contact the energy consumer to complain.
    I absolutely don't want to stress you any further, but I still wonder if you have replied to this email? If you have, did they offer to call you? Replying to the email, as requested, is by far the best way to resolve this. Your fellow customers can't sort this out for you...
    ​​​​​​​Stephen
    Thank u this is all stressing me out deeply and that hope it can be resolved otherwise will give them until this month to sort it before I contact the energy consumer to complain.
    I absolutely don't want to stress you any further, but I still wonder if you have replied to this email? If you have, did they offer to call you? Replying to the email, as requested, is by far the best way to resolve this. Your fellow customers can't sort this out for you...
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

• They tried to call me but was at work trying to call them all automated and a nightmare

there no is: *01225 459833‬

i have send a couple of emails and waiting for call on Monday or Tuesday hopefully

- - - Updated - - -

The way I have been reading meter is 1 for day and 2 for night for electricity. These were readings yesterday! Please clarify if i have been doing correctly

have used this this electric reading for day

Name:  AEEA9B11-5DC7-4DD9-926E-ECBCD0334E3D.jpeg
Views: 76
Size:  1.20 MB

- - - Updated - - -

And 2 below for night on pure planet app

Name:  93B2EFBA-340C-43D3-AD5E-54EE7FD607DF.jpeg
Size:  1.18 MB

- - - Updated - - -

Below is gas reading which is very easy to read in basement area

Name:  95EF407D-6A94-47A6-8279-69176FC24BFC.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  1.73 MB
  • They tried to call me but was at work trying to call them all automated and a nightmare

there no is: *01225 459833‬

i have send a couple of emails and waiting for call on Monday or Tuesday hopefully

- - - Updated - - -

The way I have been reading meter is 1 for day and 2 for night for electricity. These were readings yesterday! Please clarify if i have been doing correctly

have used this this electric reading for day

Name:  AEEA9B11-5DC7-4DD9-926E-ECBCD0334E3D.jpeg
Views: 76
Size:  1.20 MB

- - - Updated - - -

And 2 below for night on pure planet app

Name:  93B2EFBA-340C-43D3-AD5E-54EE7FD607DF.jpeg
Size:  1.18 MB

- - - Updated - - -

Below is gas reading which is very easy to read in basement area

Name:  95EF407D-6A94-47A6-8279-69176FC24BFC.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  1.73 MB

• Thanks for taking the trouble to post back. Hopefully between emails and phone calls you'll get it sorted early this coming week. Really hope so.
    ​​​​​​​Stephen
  • Thanks for taking the trouble to post back. Hopefully between emails and phone calls you'll get it sorted early this coming week. Really hope so.
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

• Hi @haseebkayani
    Welcome to the community!
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. As community manager I don't have access to Members' accounts, but someone from the team will be in touch with you today.
    Also FYI I've edited one of your posts above ⬆ A community member spotted that you'd included your mobile number and address. I've removed both as this is a public forum. 👍
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @haseebkayani
    Welcome to the community!
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. As community manager I don't have access to Members' accounts, but someone from the team will be in touch with you today.
    Also FYI I've edited one of your posts above ⬆ A community member spotted that you'd included your mobile number and address. I've removed both as this is a public forum. 👍
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

I’ve uploaded all evidence above for all to see on community and give me advise. Should I contact energy regulator for unfairness

Hey Raja,

It is definitely NOT appropriate to complain to the energy regulator.....at this point.....because the situation has not been rectified.

However....as you know @Marc (PP Community Manager) has passed the thread details to a PP Team.....and you will be contacted very soon by PP with an update on their progress.......don't panic, all will become clear and sorted out soon.

Can I please point out that if you had been submitting your meter readings regularly (every month) and checking your App for usage and payment details, then this issue would have become apparent at a much earlier stage.....therefore your debit balance would never have reached the (apparent) level that has caused your current level of stress.
    While I am also a PP customer......my position is that it is initially / ultimately my account and therefore it is MY responsibility to ensure that my account is working OK.

Please keep posting into this thread, as you get updates from PP.
    Gray4276
    I’ve uploaded all evidence above for all to see on community and give me advise. Should I contact energy regulator for unfairness

Hey Raja,

It is definitely NOT appropriate to complain to the energy regulator.....at this point.....because the situation has not been rectified.

However....as you know @Marc (PP Community Manager) has passed the thread details to a PP Team.....and you will be contacted very soon by PP with an update on their progress.......don't panic, all will become clear and sorted out soon.

Can I please point out that if you had been submitting your meter readings regularly (every month) and checking your App for usage and payment details, then this issue would have become apparent at a much earlier stage.....therefore your debit balance would never have reached the (apparent) level that has caused your current level of stress.
    While I am also a PP customer......my position is that it is initially / ultimately my account and therefore it is MY responsibility to ensure that my account is working OK.

Please keep posting into this thread, as you get updates from PP.
    Gray4276

• Happy to say all resolved thanks community Name:  77A67FBB-1AB3-4B4D-AFF1-926DAB695984.png
Views: 44
Size:  831.8 KB

- - - Updated - - -

And my balance updated so I am happy customer

Name:  9B2DC254-C7A8-460C-9EE6-EB3F78A8C485.png
Views: 45
Size:  1.87 MB
  • Happy to say all resolved thanks community Name:  77A67FBB-1AB3-4B4D-AFF1-926DAB695984.png
Views: 44
Size:  831.8 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  9B2DC254-C7A8-460C-9EE6-EB3F78A8C485.png
Views: 45
Size:  1.87 MB

Brilliant! Thanks for the positive update!!
    Hope all goes smoothly from now on...
    ​​​​​​​Stephen
    Brilliant! Thanks for the positive update!!
    Hope all goes smoothly from now on...
    ​​​​​​​Stephen