• Eco Friendly Christmas

Hi Folks,

As per suggestion by @Marc, I'm popping a new thread on for tips, links and suggestions for making as eco friendly a Christmas as possible. I will also double it up on the Links To Ethical thread so if you can't find it on one you can find it on the other.

Have a great day peeps.
  • Hi Folks,

As per suggestion by @Marc, I'm popping a new thread on for tips, links and suggestions for making as eco friendly a Christmas as possible. I will also double it up on the Links To Ethical thread so if you can't find it on one you can find it on the other.

Have a great day peeps.
  • My top tip is cancel christmas. Haha
  • My top tip is cancel christmas. Haha
  • Bah Humbug @Jon1, lol!!
  • Bah Humbug @Jon1, lol!!
  • Nice one for starting this thread @NannyOgg
    I reckon it'll come in very useful!
    How about some recycled plantable Christmas cards - they come with the wild flower seeds already embedded into the paper 🌻
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Nice one for starting this thread @NannyOgg
    I reckon it'll come in very useful!
    How about some recycled plantable Christmas cards - they come with the wild flower seeds already embedded into the paper 🌻

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Marc,

Ya beat me to it, lol! Will check that link out and see what other links might be out there too. Top share, thanks

Nanny O
  • Hi @Marc,

Ya beat me to it, lol! Will check that link out and see what other links might be out there too. Top share, thanks

Nanny O
  • WRAPPING PAPER!!!!

Don't buy foil or fancy wrapping paper - buy brown paper and jazz it up with ink stamping. Then it can all be recycled in the roadside collection.

​​​​​​​Fancy foil wrapping paper cannot be recycled.
  • WRAPPING PAPER!!!!

Don't buy foil or fancy wrapping paper - buy brown paper and jazz it up with ink stamping. Then it can all be recycled in the roadside collection.

• Absolutely @Scubaseahorse, thank you.

You're all beating me to it this week, brilliant. https://www.re-wrapped.co.uk/ These guys do recycled paper and cards btu if you're on a tight budget, definitely go with the brown paper idea by Scubaseahorse.

If you are a little more creative (which I'm absolutely not), you can have a go at fabric wrapping https://www.countryliving.com/uk/hom...s-with-fabric/

Have a top Friday everyone

Nanny O
  • Absolutely @Scubaseahorse, thank you.

You're all beating me to it this week, brilliant. https://www.re-wrapped.co.uk/ These guys do recycled paper and cards btu if you're on a tight budget, definitely go with the brown paper idea by Scubaseahorse.

If you are a little more creative (which I'm absolutely not), you can have a go at fabric wrapping https://www.countryliving.com/uk/hom...s-with-fabric/

Have a top Friday everyone

Nanny O
  • My 'Eco Friendly' Christmas looks like it will be composed of the following:
    Presents are only being bought for my 2 Neices and Nephew, every one else is either getting gift cards, alcohol, or nothing - the wife's family have wisely decided that money changing hands in a game of 'musical gifts' is pointless and expensive - yay.

I don't have a 'Xmas Tree' 3 cats and a wheelchair don't mix well with one, years ago, I bought some small LED Trees from somewhere, they will do.

No plans for a big Xmas dinner, there's only the two of us, Kate's carer normally takes misguided pity on us and invites us to her family Xmas.

That's pretty much it.

Bring on the Lord of Misrule.

​​​​​​​
  • My 'Eco Friendly' Christmas looks like it will be composed of the following:
    Presents are only being bought for my 2 Neices and Nephew, every one else is either getting gift cards, alcohol, or nothing - the wife's family have wisely decided that money changing hands in a game of 'musical gifts' is pointless and expensive - yay.

I don't have a 'Xmas Tree' 3 cats and a wheelchair don't mix well with one, years ago, I bought some small LED Trees from somewhere, they will do.

No plans for a big Xmas dinner, there's only the two of us, Kate's carer normally takes misguided pity on us and invites us to her family Xmas.

That's pretty much it.

​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post

​​​​​​​

I admit I had to Google this @Gwyndy
    Very interesting Wikipedia entry! Tough job, someone has to do it πŸΊπŸŽ‰

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post

​​​​​​​

I admit I had to Google this @Gwyndy
    Very interesting Wikipedia entry! Tough job, someone has to do it πŸΊπŸŽ‰

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Check out these eco friendly crackers from Tom Smith https://www.tomsmith-crackers.com/
  • Check out these eco friendly crackers from Tom Smith https://www.tomsmith-crackers.com/
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    WRAPPING PAPER!!!!

Great idea!
    I like Country Living's tip about this -

"If you want to know if your wrapping paper can be recycled or not, use the scrunch test. Scrunch up the paper in your hands and then let it go. If the paper stays scrunched up then it can be recycled but, if it unfolds by its own accord, then it likely contains non-recyclable elements."
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    WRAPPING PAPER!!!!

Great idea!
    I like Country Living's tip about this -

"If you want to know if your wrapping paper can be recycled or not, use the scrunch test. Scrunch up the paper in your hands and then let it go. If the paper stays scrunched up then it can be recycled but, if it unfolds by its own accord, then it likely contains non-recyclable elements."
  • Good spot @Nataly

Although I'm not sure how happy the shops will e to see random customers scrunching up all the wrapping paper, lmao!!
  • Good spot @Nataly

Although I'm not sure how happy the shops will e to see random customers scrunching up all the wrapping paper, lmao!!