• Pure Planet Community highlights and points leaderboard for October 2019

Hey everyone and welcome to the October 2019 edition of the monthly Pure Planet Community highlights and points!๐Ÿ˜€

Itโ€™s been another fantastic and busy month for our Community with plenty of exciting news and updates.
    In October we got a new text editor in the Community - including lots of new and exciting emojis!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽผ

Weโ€™ve also welcomed lots of new Members to the Community, and have loved reading the posts in our introduce yourself thread. Some highlights included @Antskiโ€™s electricity-only house appliances, @VictorZ exploring the Pure Planet website, @Tilly enjoying everyoneโ€™s intro posts and @Ericthered loving all the great chats between Members.

As Halloween approached we chatted about how to carve a pumpkin, with @Jowl giving some great Star Wars-themed inspiration. @Bev also shared some spooky photos of how her first ever pumpkin carving went! ๐ŸŽƒ

This was swiftly followed by some delicious recipes to ensure that no pumpkin goes to waste - including roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pine-nut farfalle. As it gets colder outside, what better excuse to stay in and cook up a storm!

Hopefully all those yummy Trick or Treat sweets havenโ€™t landed you in the dentist chair, as @Bevโ€™s poll all about gnashers kicked off, with a few of us admitting to one or two fillings over the years.

As Winter approaches thereโ€™s been some โ€˜heatedโ€™ discussion (sorry) about what temperature is best for heating your home. @woz and @Gray4276 have faced some thermostat battles from family members, while @Scubaseahorse is layering up with jumpers to save on heating. Think 19 degrees is too cold? Have your say in the poll!

As the Rugby World Cup drew to a close, @David j and I managed not to let the Wales - England differences come between us. Unfortunately England didnโ€™t win and left @stephenrand heartbroken, but it was a great tournament (and the 6 Nations is only a few months away!)

Looking toward the world of renewables, in the Community weโ€™ve been voting about whether EVโ€™s should be given green number plates, following recent government plans. Green plates havenโ€™t put @SolarKnight off, whoโ€™s looking for tips on buying a secondhand Tesla.

There was more exciting news for Britain in the step towards renewables, with the worldโ€™s largest wind turbines being built offshore. This triggered a debate about what else youโ€™d like to see done to help grow renewables in the UK?

Weโ€™ve continued to celebrate all the ways youโ€™re helping to protect the planet, including our latest Zero Heroes โ€˜Roots & Shootsโ€™, a cafe in Bath changing the way we eat by going vegan. The team at Pure Planet have been Zero Heroes too - check out this beautiful YouTube video of @Al Oโ€™s Zero Carbon Commute to the Pure Planet offices by canoe! ๐Ÿ›ถ

Pure Planet is also now the first British energy business to carbon offset every team memberโ€™s daily commute to and from work - helping us be Zero Heroes too!

Everyone wants to do their bit to help the planet, and switching to renewables is a great place to start! Have a friend youโ€™d like to switch? Weโ€™ve just doubled our rewards to ยฃ50 each when you refer a friend to Pure Planet (until 3 December)!

Here at Pure Planet HQ we updated the app to version 7.32.1 with the introduction of some new moons, including a reminder to set up a Direct Debit and a new โ€˜interested in smartโ€™ moon - you can use this to register interest in a second generation smart meter. More info on that here.

Continuing in the world of Smart, weโ€™ve started trialling new meters in the North (in terms of Smart this is anywhere between Manchester, across to Sheffield and up to Scotland!). Weโ€™ll use what we learn from these meter installations to work on a resolution for those experiencing connection issues in the North.

Our Smart team are also working hard to get a statement sent out to Members who havenโ€™t received one following their SMETS2 installation from the end of July to the start of September.

We really appreciate all the great feedback youโ€™ve given us about your SMETS2 installations so far, and will be updating you all on our latest progress here in the Community soon!

Last month the Community spotlight was shining on member @Gray4276 on his 1 year anniversary with Pure Planet! He gave some great tips on how to save energy and cut your homeโ€™s running costs - and, on that note, @Gray4276 also provided a great overview of his recent Direct Debit review and how it went for him!

The winner of the October photo challenge, Autumn scenes, was @David j with this gorgeous pic of the sunrise.

Heโ€™s chosen a great theme for Novemberโ€™s photo challenge, Illuminations โœจ - whether thatโ€™s Bonfire night, Christmas lights, house decorationsโ€ฆ whatever takes your fancy, weโ€™d love to see it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And finally, a big shoutout to @Bev, whoโ€™s now posted in the Community over 2000 times! Amazing stuff!๐Ÿ˜Ž

Looking ahead to November 2019

Coming soon - downloadable monthly statements in your Pure Planet app and web account! Check out our designs and progress so far. This is something that many Members have asked for, including @Angelabikerbabe in the Communityโ€™s ideas board.

A lot of suggestions are made in the communityโ€™s ideas board section. It's a place for community members to suggest new ideas that you think Pure Planet should do. Right now itโ€™s by invite only, so if you'd like to take part, just send me or @Marc a message and weโ€™ll add you.

Thanks to members who gave feedback that there wasnโ€™t enough information on what to do if your switch is stopped - weโ€™ve written a new FAQ explaining what to do if this happens, and how to restart your switch to Pure Planet.

Weโ€™re also looking to improve the โ€˜helpโ€™ page you see in your account, to make sure weโ€™re as accessible as possible. Weโ€™ve shared the initial design - if there's anything you think we've missed, or if you'd like to add more thoughts and suggestions, weโ€™d love to hear them!

Pure Planet Community rewards for October 2019

As you know, each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 292
Size:  944.7 KB

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when youโ€™ll be able to redeem your points.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed.

Band One - 1,500 points: @woz @Duppy @stephenrand @Bev @Gray4276 @Jon1 @Angelabikerbabe

Band Two - 1,000 points: @Gwyndy @David j @schase @25 quid @Scubaseahorse @Jowl @Pigsy10 @NannyOgg @ChrisH

Band Three - 500 points: @Strutt G @manselton @Oakbank @DutchCaerleon @Padstar @MrDave @pereter @Boatie70 @Geoheated @Hoolieco @Demusss @Shalom100 @LesM @JoulesVertes @myauntie @ladyliming

Band Four - 200 points: @Yeltsin @Boksoo chalk @ShaneHayes7 @Mjp101 @Redfev @MrSmart @Sunrising @LlW @mavis @rpezza @Gabolino @alcorn63 @LaurenceChapman @ElleBee123 @Savo83

Band Five - 100 points: @Lfish @Dimmy @mel0044 @Bojangles @JulieW @Ange @Antski @Gemini18 @Terry Suffolk @poppyred47 @plamm1295 @OLLIE007 @Rayrach @Ericthered @ahmedhas @KevinandSylvie @TheBR @Donna padgett @JennyR68 @VictorZ @TonyTreharne @Jsmith47 @Mahone @Keysmash @blueste @GrahamAllwood @nickr @Facherty @danielwray @Camy @rodgersowl @Mike55 @EnergyGE5 @Mo7 @JohnDK @Nlf77 @Daspy @saagar408 @Blun

And this monthโ€™s mystery band winner, worth 2,500 points... ๐Ÿฅ @woz, for all his fantastic contributions to our Community ideas board!๐Ÿ˜

Thatโ€™s it for the October 2019 community highlights round-up. Thanks for checking it out!
    Last edited by Nataly; 05-11-19 at 10:19. Reason: links
  • Hey everyone and welcome to the October 2019 edition of the monthly Pure Planet Community highlights and points!๐Ÿ˜€

Itโ€™s been another fantastic and busy month for our Community with plenty of exciting news and updates.
    In October we got a new text editor in the Community - including lots of new and exciting emojis!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽผ

Weโ€™ve also welcomed lots of new Members to the Community, and have loved reading the posts in our introduce yourself thread. Some highlights included @Antskiโ€™s electricity-only house appliances, @VictorZ exploring the Pure Planet website, @Tilly enjoying everyoneโ€™s intro posts and @Ericthered loving all the great chats between Members.

As Halloween approached we chatted about how to carve a pumpkin, with @Jowl giving some great Star Wars-themed inspiration. @Bev also shared some spooky photos of how her first ever pumpkin carving went! ๐ŸŽƒ

This was swiftly followed by some delicious recipes to ensure that no pumpkin goes to waste - including roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pine-nut farfalle. As it gets colder outside, what better excuse to stay in and cook up a storm!

Hopefully all those yummy Trick or Treat sweets havenโ€™t landed you in the dentist chair, as @Bevโ€™s poll all about gnashers kicked off, with a few of us admitting to one or two fillings over the years.

As Winter approaches thereโ€™s been some โ€˜heatedโ€™ discussion (sorry) about what temperature is best for heating your home. @woz and @Gray4276 have faced some thermostat battles from family members, while @Scubaseahorse is layering up with jumpers to save on heating. Think 19 degrees is too cold? Have your say in the poll!

As the Rugby World Cup drew to a close, @David j and I managed not to let the Wales - England differences come between us. Unfortunately England didnโ€™t win and left @stephenrand heartbroken, but it was a great tournament (and the 6 Nations is only a few months away!)

Looking toward the world of renewables, in the Community weโ€™ve been voting about whether EVโ€™s should be given green number plates, following recent government plans. Green plates havenโ€™t put @SolarKnight off, whoโ€™s looking for tips on buying a secondhand Tesla.

There was more exciting news for Britain in the step towards renewables, with the worldโ€™s largest wind turbines being built offshore. This triggered a debate about what else youโ€™d like to see done to help grow renewables in the UK?

Weโ€™ve continued to celebrate all the ways youโ€™re helping to protect the planet, including our latest Zero Heroes โ€˜Roots & Shootsโ€™, a cafe in Bath changing the way we eat by going vegan. The team at Pure Planet have been Zero Heroes too - check out this beautiful YouTube video of @Al Oโ€™s Zero Carbon Commute to the Pure Planet offices by canoe! ๐Ÿ›ถ

Pure Planet is also now the first British energy business to carbon offset every team memberโ€™s daily commute to and from work - helping us be Zero Heroes too!

Everyone wants to do their bit to help the planet, and switching to renewables is a great place to start! Have a friend youโ€™d like to switch? Weโ€™ve just doubled our rewards to ยฃ50 each when you refer a friend to Pure Planet (until 3 December)!

Here at Pure Planet HQ we updated the app to version 7.32.1 with the introduction of some new moons, including a reminder to set up a Direct Debit and a new โ€˜interested in smartโ€™ moon - you can use this to register interest in a second generation smart meter. More info on that here.

Continuing in the world of Smart, weโ€™ve started trialling new meters in the North (in terms of Smart this is anywhere between Manchester, across to Sheffield and up to Scotland!). Weโ€™ll use what we learn from these meter installations to work on a resolution for those experiencing connection issues in the North.

Our Smart team are also working hard to get a statement sent out to Members who havenโ€™t received one following their SMETS2 installation from the end of July to the start of September.

We really appreciate all the great feedback youโ€™ve given us about your SMETS2 installations so far, and will be updating you all on our latest progress here in the Community soon!

Last month the Community spotlight was shining on member @Gray4276 on his 1 year anniversary with Pure Planet! He gave some great tips on how to save energy and cut your homeโ€™s running costs - and, on that note, @Gray4276 also provided a great overview of his recent Direct Debit review and how it went for him!

The winner of the October photo challenge, Autumn scenes, was @David j with this gorgeous pic of the sunrise.

Heโ€™s chosen a great theme for Novemberโ€™s photo challenge, Illuminations โœจ - whether thatโ€™s Bonfire night, Christmas lights, house decorationsโ€ฆ whatever takes your fancy, weโ€™d love to see it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And finally, a big shoutout to @Bev, whoโ€™s now posted in the Community over 2000 times! Amazing stuff!๐Ÿ˜Ž

Looking ahead to November 2019

Coming soon - downloadable monthly statements in your Pure Planet app and web account! Check out our designs and progress so far. This is something that many Members have asked for, including @Angelabikerbabe in the Communityโ€™s ideas board.

A lot of suggestions are made in the communityโ€™s ideas board section. It's a place for community members to suggest new ideas that you think Pure Planet should do. Right now itโ€™s by invite only, so if you'd like to take part, just send me or @Marc a message and weโ€™ll add you.

Thanks to members who gave feedback that there wasnโ€™t enough information on what to do if your switch is stopped - weโ€™ve written a new FAQ explaining what to do if this happens, and how to restart your switch to Pure Planet.

Weโ€™re also looking to improve the โ€˜helpโ€™ page you see in your account, to make sure weโ€™re as accessible as possible. Weโ€™ve shared the initial design - if there's anything you think we've missed, or if you'd like to add more thoughts and suggestions, weโ€™d love to hear them!

Pure Planet Community rewards for October 2019

As you know, each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 292
Size:  944.7 KB

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when youโ€™ll be able to redeem your points.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed.

Band One - 1,500 points: @woz @Duppy @stephenrand @Bev @Gray4276 @Jon1 @Angelabikerbabe

Band Two - 1,000 points: @Gwyndy @David j @schase @25 quid @Scubaseahorse @Jowl @Pigsy10 @NannyOgg @ChrisH

Band Three - 500 points: @Strutt G @manselton @Oakbank @DutchCaerleon @Padstar @MrDave @pereter @Boatie70 @Geoheated @Hoolieco @Demusss @Shalom100 @LesM @JoulesVertes @myauntie @ladyliming

Band Four - 200 points: @Yeltsin @Boksoo chalk @ShaneHayes7 @Mjp101 @Redfev @MrSmart @Sunrising @LlW @mavis @rpezza @Gabolino @alcorn63 @LaurenceChapman @ElleBee123 @Savo83

Band Five - 100 points: @Lfish @Dimmy @mel0044 @Bojangles @JulieW @Ange @Antski @Gemini18 @Terry Suffolk @poppyred47 @plamm1295 @OLLIE007 @Rayrach @Ericthered @ahmedhas @KevinandSylvie @TheBR @Donna padgett @JennyR68 @VictorZ @TonyTreharne @Jsmith47 @Mahone @Keysmash @blueste @GrahamAllwood @nickr @Facherty @danielwray @Camy @rodgersowl @Mike55 @EnergyGE5 @Mo7 @JohnDK @Nlf77 @Daspy @saagar408 @Blun

And this monthโ€™s mystery band winner, worth 2,500 points... ๐Ÿฅ @woz, for all his fantastic contributions to our Community ideas board!๐Ÿ˜

Thatโ€™s it for the October 2019 community highlights round-up. Thanks for checking it out!
  • Another month flies by, and another fab fab fab read of all thatโ€™s happened in the community ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Excellent interesting summary, as always, Nat and Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, and big congratulations to you Wozeeta, for your mystery bonus points ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Another month flies by, and another fab fab fab read of all thatโ€™s happened in the community ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Excellent interesting summary, as always, Nat and Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, and big congratulations to you Wozeeta, for your mystery bonus points ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Another month flies by
    Where's the year going @Bev ๐Ÿ˜ฎ? Way, way too fast for me these days.....
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Another month flies by
    Where's the year going @Bev ๐Ÿ˜ฎ? Way, way too fast for me these days.....
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
  • Its great to see all these posts from people at PurePlanet. I now understand that you are too busy posting on here to respond to my ongoing issue with my account. Average response time is 21 days. Brilliant!
  • Its great to see all these posts from people at PurePlanet. I now understand that you are too busy posting on here to respond to my ongoing issue with my account. Average response time is 21 days. Brilliant!
  • Quote Originally Posted by frankstar123 View Post
    Its great to see all these posts from people at PurePlanet. I now understand that you are too busy posting on here to respond to my ongoing issue with my account. Average response time is 21 days. Brilliant!
    There's two posts from the community managers in there. The rest are us customers who contribute to the community.

I see this is your first post - you could try asking for community help in one of the numerous help sections. If we cant help, Marc or Nataly usually can.
    Its great to see all these posts from people at PurePlanet. I now understand that you are too busy posting on here to respond to my ongoing issue with my account. Average response time is 21 days. Brilliant!
    There's two posts from the community managers in there. The rest are us customers who contribute to the community.

I see this is your first post - you could try asking for community help in one of the numerous help sections. If we cant help, Marc or Nataly usually can.
  • How can asking in a community solve the problem that you have the incorrect readings since i've started at PurePlanet? Unless you can help me. Tell me what to do?
  • How can asking in a community solve the problem that you have the incorrect readings since i've started at PurePlanet? Unless you can help me. Tell me what to do?

Hi frankstar123,

First post to the Community Forum.......yet I detect a distinct level of sarcasm.......or have I got it wrong??๐Ÿค”

As I mentioned......this was your first post, if there was an ongoing issue that had been bugging you, you could have utilised the opportunity to raise your query with the Community Forum members, who would have been only too willing to try to offer assistance/help.

If your account query is not too account specific, and you feel that we, the Community Forum, can offer assistance, then why don't you post your problem..........into a "new thread"............
    I'm absolutely sure that someone from the Community will respond with some advice.

I'll keep an eye open......for your post.๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Oh, by the way......Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.๐Ÿ‘Œ

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @Nataly and @Marc,

I think that this thread is being hijacked by frankstar123........do these posts need to be placed into a separate new thread??๐Ÿค”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frankstar123 View Post
    How can asking in a community solve the problem that you have the incorrect readings since i've started at PurePlanet? Unless you can help me. Tell me what to do?

Just to correct you comment (below in bold).....

"How can asking in a community solve the problem that you have the incorrect readings since i've started at PurePlanet? Unless you can help me. Tell me what to do?"

I need to point out that we have not had your readings as we are not PP....we are the Community Forum of PP customers.
    You have chosen to not ask the Community for advice on this (so far anyway).....so, I again suggest that if you actually want assistance from the Community (as opposed to venting your frustration), please feel free to post your issue in a separate thread. You will receive sensible responses.......if you ask.
    Gray4276

Hi frankstar123,

First post to the Community Forum.......yet I detect a distinct level of sarcasm.......or have I got it wrong??๐Ÿค”

As I mentioned......this was your first post, if there was an ongoing issue that had been bugging you, you could have utilised the opportunity to raise your query with the Community Forum members, who would have been only too willing to try to offer assistance/help.

If your account query is not too account specific, and you feel that we, the Community Forum, can offer assistance, then why don't you post your problem..........into a "new thread"............
    I'm absolutely sure that someone from the Community will respond with some advice.

I'll keep an eye open......for your post.๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Oh, by the way......Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.๐Ÿ‘Œ

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @Nataly and @Marc,

I think that this thread is being hijacked by frankstar123........do these posts need to be placed into a separate new thread??๐Ÿค”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frankstar123 View Post
    How can asking in a community solve the problem that you have the incorrect readings since i've started at PurePlanet? Unless you can help me. Tell me what to do?

Just to correct you comment (below in bold).....

"How can asking in a community solve the problem that you have the incorrect readings since i've started at PurePlanet? Unless you can help me. Tell me what to do?"

I need to point out that we have not had your readings as we are not PP....we are the Community Forum of PP customers.
    You have chosen to not ask the Community for advice on this (so far anyway).....so, I again suggest that if you actually want assistance from the Community (as opposed to venting your frustration), please feel free to post your issue in a separate thread. You will receive sensible responses.......if you ask.
    Gray4276
    A better approach would be to open a new thread and share with us what issue you are dealing with. Im sure there's a way to solve it
    A better approach would be to open a new thread and share with us what issue you are dealing with. Im sure there's a way to solve it
  • I am not putting personal details on a forum. The problem is that my estimate readings are far too high compared to my actual reading. My first bill and start readings from Pure Planet are incorrect. The pureplanet application does not accept my readings because they are too far below the expected reading. I have sent multiple emails to help, with response time at 21 days with the usual "apologies for the delay in getting back to you"

Please tell me how some one on this forum can help me? PurePlanet are taking 3 weeks on average to assist with queries. Clearly you can see from the above this model of help will not work on here.
  • I am not putting personal details on a forum. The problem is that my estimate readings are far too high compared to my actual reading. My first bill and start readings from Pure Planet are incorrect. The pureplanet application does not accept my readings because they are too far below the expected reading. I have sent multiple emails to help, with response time at 21 days with the usual "apologies for the delay in getting back to you"

Please tell me how some one on this forum can help me? PurePlanet are taking 3 weeks on average to assist with queries. Clearly you can see from the above this model of help will not work on here.
  • Hey frankstar123,

"
    I am not putting personal details on a forum"

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹No-one is asking you to post any "personal details" ........we don't want or need "personal details" to offer assistance. You decide.....we're only trying to help.

Gray4276
  • Hey frankstar123,

"
    I am not putting personal details on a forum"

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹No-one is asking you to post any "personal details" ........we don't want or need "personal details" to offer assistance. You decide.....we're only trying to help.

Gray4276
    I am not putting personal details on a forum. The problem is that my estimate readings are far too high compared to my actual reading. My first bill and start readings from Pure Planet are incorrect. The pureplanet application does not accept my readings because they are too far below the expected reading. I have sent multiple emails to help, with response time at 21 days with the usual "apologies for the delay in getting back to you"

Hi there

1. Presumably you gave Pure Planet your opening readings? Those readings can be challenged by your previous supplier and it can take 6-8 weeks to sort out, which is nothing to do with Pure Planet.

2. I've certainly been prompted by the app to check my readings because it thinks they're low, but it's never refused to accept them. If it has refused...

3. Have you tried contacting Pure Planet by their recommended route, i.e. going to Wattbot, putting 'message the team' in the question box and then explaining the problem? That method comes with a promise of a response within one or two working days. I'd attach a photo of your meters so your current readings are clear.

Trying to be helpful
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Stephen
    I am not putting personal details on a forum. The problem is that my estimate readings are far too high compared to my actual reading. My first bill and start readings from Pure Planet are incorrect. The pureplanet application does not accept my readings because they are too far below the expected reading. I have sent multiple emails to help, with response time at 21 days with the usual "apologies for the delay in getting back to you"

Hi there

1. Presumably you gave Pure Planet your opening readings? Those readings can be challenged by your previous supplier and it can take 6-8 weeks to sort out, which is nothing to do with Pure Planet.

2. I've certainly been prompted by the app to check my readings because it thinks they're low, but it's never refused to accept them. If it has refused...

3. Have you tried contacting Pure Planet by their recommended route, i.e. going to Wattbot, putting 'message the team' in the question box and then explaining the problem? That method comes with a promise of a response within one or two working days. I'd attach a photo of your meters so your current readings are clear.

Trying to be helpful
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Stephen
  • Hey @frankstar123

Welcome to the Community!

I checked this out with our Member Services team - they'd emailed you in May asking for photos of your meters, as they think there's been an unrecorded meter exchange on your account with a previous supplier - that means the national database isn't up to date, and could cause issues with how your meter readings appear on your account.

Looks like you emailed your photos a few days ago - nice one๐Ÿ‘

Hannah from the team is taking a look at these and will reply to your email today.
    If you could look out for her email and reply to that, that'd be great! They'll be able to get this sorted for you.

Just FYI the Community is a place where our Members can chat with each other, and often give each other really useful advice about their account questions.

If you'd prefer to get in touch with our Member Services team you can either reply to their emails or tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and type message the team.

If you'd like to ask other Members questions, our 'Ask the Community' section would be great to check out and post in๐Ÿ™‚

Hope that helps?
    Last edited by Nataly; 05-11-19 at 14:28. Reason: typo
  • Hey @frankstar123

Welcome to the Community!

I checked this out with our Member Services team - they'd emailed you in May asking for photos of your meters, as they think there's been an unrecorded meter exchange on your account with a previous supplier - that means the national database isn't up to date, and could cause issues with how your meter readings appear on your account.

Looks like you emailed your photos a few days ago - nice one๐Ÿ‘

Hannah from the team is taking a look at these and will reply to your email today.
    If you could look out for her email and reply to that, that'd be great! They'll be able to get this sorted for you.

Just FYI the Community is a place where our Members can chat with each other, and often give each other really useful advice about their account questions.

If you'd prefer to get in touch with our Member Services team you can either reply to their emails or tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and type message the team.

If you'd like to ask other Members questions, our 'Ask the Community' section would be great to check out and post in๐Ÿ™‚

Hope that helps?
  • Hey Nataly,

Great response ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘,

It's a really long time from May to October ๐Ÿค”........just saying ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ™ƒ

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Glad to see that @frankstar123 is getting this issue sorted ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Gray4276
  • Hey Nataly,

Great response ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘,

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Glad to see that @frankstar123 is getting this issue sorted ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Gray4276
  • Another fantastic month with PP.
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹and a great round-up ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Another fantastic month with PP.
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹and a great round-up ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey Nataly,

Great response ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘,

Am I? Pure planet fail to mention the 3 week turnaround in responses. Or failing to direct me to the help bot or this site? The lack of being able to speak to someone is a joke. Emails end up in junk folders. Context is lost. Pureplanet are happy to take ยฃ400 per month but not speak to me.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey Nataly,

Great response ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘,

Am I? Pure planet fail to mention the 3 week turnaround in responses. Or failing to direct me to the help bot or this site? The lack of being able to speak to someone is a joke. Emails end up in junk folders. Context is lost. Pureplanet are happy to take ยฃ400 per month but not speak to me.

Hi frankstar123,

I apologise that you are still not happy with your situation.
    I, and a few other Community Forum members have listened(read) to your "RANT" on this issue......you have continually pointed the "fickle finger"of fault directly at PP......However, at no point have you accepted any responsibility for the obvious "breakdown" in the communication process......may I highlight your "apparent delay" in supplying the PP requested meter photographs ๐Ÿ“ท

You will (no doubt) be pleased to know that I shall take no further part in your posts, which I personally feel have displayed a complete lack of understanding on what the Community Forum is designed to achieve.

I still (genuinely) hope that PP and yourself can arrive at the "correct" solution......no matter who is responsible for the lack of acceptable communication.

As "the dragons" would say........." I'M OUT "
    Gray4276

Hi frankstar123,

I apologise that you are still not happy with your situation.
    I, and a few other Community Forum members have listened(read) to your "RANT" on this issue......you have continually pointed the "fickle finger"of fault directly at PP......However, at no point have you accepted any responsibility for the obvious "breakdown" in the communication process......may I highlight your "apparent delay" in supplying the PP requested meter photographs ๐Ÿ“ท

You will (no doubt) be pleased to know that I shall take no further part in your posts, which I personally feel have displayed a complete lack of understanding on what the Community Forum is designed to achieve.

I still (genuinely) hope that PP and yourself can arrive at the "correct" solution......no matter who is responsible for the lack of acceptable communication.

As "the dragons" would say........." I'M OUT "
    Gray4276
  • Thanks Nataly and Marc and to all for putting up with me!

The volume of posts is challenging, and a great sign that the community is growing. The tenacity of regular posters is really encouraging.
    Sadly I'm now covered in wallpaper paste and I just fell off the ladders (haha should have gone to specsavers being the excuse, my eyes said the step was where it wasn't.)
    How about a new thread in off-topic for handy DIY tips? Anyone interested?
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Onwards and downwards in this case ouch! (my knee hurts)
  • Thanks Nataly and Marc and to all for putting up with me!

The volume of posts is challenging, and a great sign that the community is growing. The tenacity of regular posters is really encouraging.
    Sadly I'm now covered in wallpaper paste and I just fell off the ladders (haha should have gone to specsavers being the excuse, my eyes said the step was where it wasn't.)
  • Well done @woz
    and
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Big thanks to @Nataly and @Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Well done @woz
    and
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Big thanks to @Nataly and @Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Sounds like you could use the help @woz ๐Ÿคญ

Nice one @Jowl for kicking the thread off here!
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Sounds like you could use the help @woz ๐Ÿคญ

Nice one @Jowl for kicking the thread off here!