• Error after posting

Annoyingly, placing your app in the background (to markup a picture) causes loss of a partially written post as the screen become blank white and unresponsive when returning to the app.

so I'm having to write my original bug report again.

I'll be more terse this time. After posting the page renders incorrectly and an error is shown.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  • Annoyingly, placing your app in the background (to markup a picture) causes loss of a partially written post as the screen become blank white and unresponsive when returning to the app.

I'll be more terse this time. After posting the page renders incorrectly and an error is shown.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  • Just an observation 25 notes, if you don’t mind me asking, if you’re sooooo hot on Big Brother, can I ask why your privacy settings on your phone are set to ON, revealing your location?
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just an observation 25 notes, if you don’t mind me asking, if you’re sooooo hot on Big Brother, can I ask why your privacy settings on your phone are set to ON, revealing your location?

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi @Bev, I guess you're referring to the geofence icon near the time in my screen shot. It all depends on who you revealing your location to.

As with all of these things it's a balance of convenience vs privacy. In this case I choose to share my location for certain Home related features that I enjoy. No third party receives that location. There are also other excellent uses for location services, not least tagging my photos which helps me find them in future.

The key to me is being in control of what I share and with whom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Just an observation 25 notes, if you don’t mind me asking, if you’re sooooo hot on Big Brother, can I ask why your privacy settings on your phone are set to ON, revealing your location?
  • Hi @Bev, I guess you're referring to the geofence icon near the time in my screen shot. It all depends on who you revealing your location to.

As with all of these things it's a balance of convenience vs privacy. In this case I choose to share my location for certain Home related features that I enjoy. No third party receives that location. There are also other excellent uses for location services, not least tagging my photos which helps me find them in future.

The key to me is being in control of what I share and with whom.

Just an observation 25 notes, if you don’t mind me asking, if you’re sooooo hot on Big Brother, can I ask why your privacy settings on your phone are set to ON, revealing your location?
  • Thanks for clarifying, just wanted to make sure you were aware, and you are, and using it in a way to suit 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Thanks for clarifying, just wanted to make sure you were aware, and you are, and using it in a way to suit 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Thanks for the concern @Bev. Nice to know my reputation is preceding me too! 🙄😉
    Thanks for clarifying, just wanted to make sure you were aware, and you are, and using it in a way to suit 👍👍👍
  • Thanks for the concern @Bev. Nice to know my reputation is preceding me too! 🙄😉
    Thanks for clarifying, just wanted to make sure you were aware, and you are, and using it in a way to suit 👍👍👍
  • but it isn't preceding you, you've switched off the preceding switch haven't you?
  • but it isn't preceding you, you've switched off the preceding switch haven't you?
  •  Don't think I could find the preceding switch as it'd cause a non-causal feedback loop causing me to kill my grandfather. I think! 🤔  
    Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    but it isn't preceding you, you've switched off the preceding switch haven't you?

•  Don't think I could find the preceding switch as it'd cause a non-causal feedback loop causing me to kill my grandfather. I think! 🤔  
    Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    but it isn't preceding you, you've switched off the preceding switch haven't you?

• Quote Originally Posted by 25 quid View Post
    Annoyingly, placing your app in the background (to markup a picture) causes loss of a partially written post as the screen become blank white and unresponsive when returning to the app.

Hi @25 quid
    Nice one for sharing this. Looks grim!
    What model phone and OS is it?

Also, so we're clear - the app was still running but in the background while you edited a screenshot photo. Then when you returned to community (via app) it was blank?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by 25 quid View Post

Hi @25 quid

Also, so we're clear - the app was still running but in the background while you edited a screenshot photo. Then when you returned to community (via app) it was blank?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hahaha v good @woz V good 👏

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hahaha v good @woz V good 👏

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Marc

iphone X iOS 13.1.3
    And yes, you've got it clear... the white background was a one off, but the miss-rendering isn't unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @25 quid

- - - Updated - - -

In fact the miss-rendering just happened whilst posting my reply. And when I tried to post this comment (without first refreshing the page) I got a page saying just "File not found"
    ​​​​​​​Name:  371CD58C-11EF-485A-81E1-1CDB53BB3E17.png
Views: 17
Size:  629.3 KB
  • Hi @Marc

iphone X iOS 13.1.3
    And yes, you've got it clear... the white background was a one off, but the miss-rendering isn't unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @25 quid

- - - Updated - - -

In fact the miss-rendering just happened whilst posting my reply. And when I tried to post this comment (without first refreshing the page) I got a page saying just "File not found"
    ​​​​​​​Name:  371CD58C-11EF-485A-81E1-1CDB53BB3E17.png
Views: 17
Size:  629.3 KB
  • Thanks @25 quid
    Our tech team are lookng into it. 👨*💻
    I will of course keep you posted as soon as I get some news!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Thanks @25 quid
    Our tech team are lookng into it. 👨*💻
    I will of course keep you posted as soon as I get some news!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​