• How to raise a dispute

My previous supplier have confirmed that the readings given by Pure Planet are inaccurate. They cannot change it until Pure Planet amend the figures. How do I raise a dispute with PP to resolve this???? Thanks! I have had no reply from PP following the email I sent to them last week. The Wattbott answers are useless and only direct me to viewing my statement!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My previous supplier have confirmed that the readings given by Pure Planet are inaccurate. They cannot change it until Pure Planet amend the figures. How do I raise a dispute with PP to resolve this???? Thanks! I have had no reply from PP following the email I sent to them last week. The Wattbott answers are useless and only direct me to viewing my statement!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Energy GE5,

You should be aware that PP are provided with your "opening" meter readings, by requesting that you "submit" your meter readings, during your switching request. PP then provide these readings to your "previous" supplier..........However, when your previous supplier disagrees with the PP submission.......a third party decides on an acceptable reading. This reading is then provided to PP and your previous supplier to ensure that the "same" figures are used by both suppliers when they "fix" your closing/opening readings. This ensures that you do not pay twice for any energy used.

The requirement for your readings to be "adjusted and agreed" may take a few weeks. So in reality you don't need to do anything at this moment.
    It is possible that the readings are massively inaccurate.......however this will be blindingly obvious to the third party reviewer, and you may be requested to re-submit readings.

Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGE5 View Post
    My previous supplier have confirmed that the readings given by Pure Planet are inaccurate. They cannot change it until Pure Planet amend the figures. How do I raise a dispute with PP to resolve this???? Thanks! I have had no reply from PP following the email I sent to them last week. The Wattbott answers are useless and only direct me to viewing my statement!
    Gray4276
  • Hi Energy GE5,

You should be aware that PP are provided with your "opening" meter readings, by requesting that you "submit" your meter readings, during your switching request. PP then provide these readings to your "previous" supplier..........However, when your previous supplier disagrees with the PP submission.......a third party decides on an acceptable reading. This reading is then provided to PP and your previous supplier to ensure that the "same" figures are used by both suppliers when they "fix" your closing/opening readings. This ensures that you do not pay twice for any energy used.

The requirement for your readings to be "adjusted and agreed" may take a few weeks. So in reality you don't need to do anything at this moment.
    It is possible that the readings are massively inaccurate.......however this will be blindingly obvious to the third party reviewer, and you may be requested to re-submit readings.

Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGE5 View Post
    Gray4276

• I have had a dispute on my opening electricity meter reading for the last 7 months and still not resolved.
    During this time I have received 1 statement and have had to monitor consumption myself to ensure that I am on track.
    This is not pp's fault and I understand that it is the third party that is incompetent.
  • I have had a dispute on my opening electricity meter reading for the last 7 months and still not resolved.
    During this time I have received 1 statement and have had to monitor consumption myself to ensure that I am on track.
    This is not pp's fault and I understand that it is the third party that is incompetent.

• hi Pigsy
    is the difference more than 250kWh elec or 109 cu.m gas? (those are the tolerances below which you can't dispute)
    Have you asked for an update in wattbot (type message the team)?
    Have you raised a formal complaint with your previous supplier?
    If so you may need to get a formal communication from your previous supplier and some evidence from PP to support the complaint and use Ofgem HERE
  • hi Pigsy
    is the difference more than 250kWh elec or 109 cu.m gas? (those are the tolerances below which you can't dispute)
    Have you asked for an update in wattbot (type message the team)?
    Have you raised a formal complaint with your previous supplier?
    If so you may need to get a formal communication from your previous supplier and some evidence from PP to support the complaint and use Ofgem HERE

• Hi woz
    I have raised this with the team on 9 separate occasions. The reply is that they are working on it and have escalated the dispute with the third party.
    My opening electricity meter reading with pp was 6187kwh. My closing meter reading with BG was 9452.
    I have sent pp my closing statement from BG.
    I have contacted BG and confirmed my closing meter reading. They say they cant do any more.

Who is this third party which are so incompetent?

​I may have to go to ofgem, if that helps. I am not holding my breath.
  • Hi woz
    I have raised this with the team on 9 separate occasions. The reply is that they are working on it and have escalated the dispute with the third party.
    My opening electricity meter reading with pp was 6187kwh. My closing meter reading with BG was 9452.
    I have sent pp my closing statement from BG.
    I have contacted BG and confirmed my closing meter reading. They say they cant do any more.

Who is this third party which are so incompetent?

​I may have to go to ofgem, if that helps. I am not holding my breath.

• Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy10 View Post
    Hi Pigsy

That's one hell of a difference, did you take a photo of your meter reading when you joined PP?

This document, linked to in the Switching FAQ https://community.purepla.net/conten...ount#ckb_start, gives you a rather detailed explanation of the procedure https://www.elexon.co.uk/wp-content/..._S-2_v23.0.pdf The formula is detailed on page 23.

Last edited by Gwyndy; 19-10-19 at 18:20.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy10 View Post
    Hi Pigsy

That's one hell of a difference, did you take a photo of your meter reading when you joined PP?

This document, linked to in the Switching FAQ https://community.purepla.net/conten...ount#ckb_start, gives you a rather detailed explanation of the procedure https://www.elexon.co.uk/wp-content/..._S-2_v23.0.pdf The formula is detailed on page 23.

• Hi Gwindy
    yes I did supply pp with a photo of the meter but unfortunately I have deleted the photo.
    Just to add, my gas closing and opening meter readings were the same.
  • Hi Gwindy
    yes I did supply pp with a photo of the meter but unfortunately I have deleted the photo.
    Just to add, my gas closing and opening meter readings were the same.

• https://www.britishgas.co.uk/complaints.html
    Given the ridiculous difference and that you must have some photos of the meter showing a substantially lower reading albeit after the event, it seems you have a solid case.
    and apologies I should have mentioned the Ombudsman (although you can subsequently complain to Ofgem if unresolved)
    Have you checked your meter serial against BG and PP paperwork?

​Are you economy7 or single rate?
    Last edited by woz; 19-10-19 at 20:25.
  • https://www.britishgas.co.uk/complaints.html
    Given the ridiculous difference and that you must have some photos of the meter showing a substantially lower reading albeit after the event, it seems you have a solid case.
    and apologies I should have mentioned the Ombudsman (although you can subsequently complain to Ofgem if unresolved)
    Have you checked your meter serial against BG and PP paperwork?

​Are you economy7 or single rate?

• Unfortunately the correct readings are substantially higher than pp's opening meter readings.
    I have deleted the photo of the meter but I have asked the team to provide me with a photo of the meter showing the opening reading which I provided.
    ​I am not on economy 7 but the bg smart meter does show 2 readings and a total.
  • Unfortunately the correct readings are substantially higher than pp's opening meter readings.
    I have deleted the photo of the meter but I have asked the team to provide me with a photo of the meter showing the opening reading which I provided.

• well that may be the explanation, you may not think you're on E7 but if your meter says you are then you're being metered day+night (or total of day +night)
    Which reading have you been using?
    I'll hazard a guess here that may be the explanation for your woes.
    The 9542 is probably the sum of day +night? and thus correct
    I'm guessing PP have quoted only one of the readings as their opening and the other is missing?
    Have a look at your mpan (supply number, does it start with 02?
    Let's start again with the facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy10 View Post
    Unfortunately the correct readings are substantially higher than pp's opening meter readings.
    Last edited by woz; 20-10-19 at 00:36.
  • well that may be the explanation, you may not think you're on E7 but if your meter says you are then you're being metered day+night (or total of day +night)
    Which reading have you been using?
    I'll hazard a guess here that may be the explanation for your woes.
    The 9542 is probably the sum of day +night? and thus correct
    I'm guessing PP have quoted only one of the readings as their opening and the other is missing?
    Have a look at your mpan (supply number, does it start with 02?
    Let's start again with the facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy10 View Post
    Unfortunately the correct readings are substantially higher than pp's opening meter readings.