• Smart meters

Hi all, I live in Norwich and am thinking of switching, I want to have a Smart meter 2 fitted and was wondering if this is available in my area and what time scale it would be done in, I have a Hybrid car and charge it at home over night and was also wondering if there is a different tariff rate (like economy 7 type thing) Iam with Octopus at the moment and was promised there GO rates once the meter was swapped but they are very very unhelpful and when the engineer came to finally fit one he told us it still wouldn't work as it was only a single tariff reading type1 meter and they haven't even given him the stock to fit!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all, I live in Norwich and am thinking of switching, I want to have a Smart meter 2 fitted and was wondering if this is available in my area and what time scale it would be done in, I have a Hybrid car and charge it at home over night and was also wondering if there is a different tariff rate (like economy 7 type thing) Iam with Octopus at the moment and was promised there GO rates once the meter was swapped but they are very very unhelpful and when the engineer came to finally fit one he told us it still wouldn't work as it was only a single tariff reading type1 meter and they haven't even given him the stock to fit!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi MRaynor
    Welcome to the community

The availability and timing for smart meter fitting, is not something that the community can really help with, as PP are fitting SMs according to area and fitter availability.
    Pure Planet have only 1 tariff, and looking at the Octopus Go the tarrifs for charging at night are really competitive at around 5p per kWh between 12.30 and 4.30am.

It would appear that you don't need a two rate smart meter as octopus take half hourly readings, so will know when and how long the vehicle is on charge, and price accordingly. It also states that it works better with a smart charger, but I don't think that is compulsory
    Last edited by Duppy; 19-10-19 at 13:00.
  • Hi MRaynor
    Welcome to the community

The availability and timing for smart meter fitting, is not something that the community can really help with, as PP are fitting SMs according to area and fitter availability.
    Pure Planet have only 1 tariff, and looking at the Octopus Go the tarrifs for charging at night are really competitive at around 5p per kWh between 12.30 and 4.30am.

It would appear that you don't need a two rate smart meter as octopus take half hourly readings, so will know when and how long the vehicle is on charge, and price accordingly. It also states that it works better with a smart charger, but I don't think that is compulsory

• Best Answer

• hi
    ​as other reply and to add currently PP offer only one rate. Ooops Duppy noticed you already said that, sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by MRayner View Post
    Hi all, I live in Norwich and am thinking of switching, I want to have a Smart meter 2 fitted and was wondering if this is available in my area and what time scale it would be done in, I have a Hybrid car and charge it at home over night and was also wondering if there is a different tariff rate (like economy 7 type thing) Iam with Octopus at the moment and was promised there GO rates once the meter was swapped but they are very very unhelpful and when the engineer came to finally fit one he told us it still wouldn't work as it was only a single tariff reading type1 meter and they haven't even given him the stock to fit!
    Last edited by woz; 19-10-19 at 13:09.
  • hi
    ​as other reply and to add currently PP offer only one rate. Ooops Duppy noticed you already said that, sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by MRayner View Post

• That's one question answered thanks.
  • That's one question answered thanks.