• E.on v12 is 10% cheaper than pure planet

Anyone noticed this? I use 38,000 kwh gas and 5,255kwh electricity annually. I could save £220 on a net basis plus another £30 saving on Uswitch by switching to E.on v12
    Last edited by pereter; 19-10-19 at 03:52. Reason: error
  • Anyone noticed this? I use 38,000 kwh gas and 5,255kwh electricity annually. I could save £220 on a net basis plus another £30 saving on Uswitch by switching to E.on v12

• Was intrigued, so did my Uswitch comparison, and the EON V12 comes out over £70 a year more expensive for me 🙀👎👎👎👎. It also showed me that PP still remains by far the cheapest 👍👍👏👏👏
    Last edited by Bev; 19-10-19 at 08:25. Reason: Juxtaposition. No reason, just like the word 😂😂😂👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Was intrigued, so did my Uswitch comparison, and the EON V12 comes out over £70 a year more expensive for me 🙀👎👎👎👎. It also showed me that PP still remains by far the cheapest 👍👍👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Hi pereter,

I agree with @Bev......it doesn't stack up using my "actual" annual usage figures.

You may want to re-visit your culations used when you "compared" suppliers.

Just a thought
    Gray4276
  • Hi pereter,

I agree with @Bev......it doesn't stack up using my "actual" annual usage figures.

You may want to re-visit your culations used when you "compared" suppliers.

Just a thought
    Gray4276

• Thanks. I used my actual figures based on my meter readings and double checked all numbers. ( Would have thought I'm good with numbers being a Chartered Accountant)!
  • Thanks. I used my actual figures based on my meter readings and double checked all numbers. ( Would have thought I'm good with numbers being a Chartered Accountant)!

• Hi pereter, I'm sure that your "Chartered Accountant" trumps my HND (Electronics)...my figures can't possibly be correct 😎😂🤑👍

You must have a huge house......your gas usage is about 3 times higher than mine....😱🤑

Quote Originally Posted by pereter View Post
    Thanks. I used my actual figures based on my meter readings and double checked all numbers. ( Would have thought I'm good with numbers being a Chartered Accountant)!
    Gray4276
  • Hi pereter, I'm sure that your "Chartered Accountant" trumps my HND (Electronics)...my figures can't possibly be correct 😎😂🤑👍

You must have a huge house......your gas usage is about 3 times higher than mine....😱🤑

Thanks. I used my actual figures based on my meter readings and double checked all numbers. ( Would have thought I'm good with numbers being a Chartered Accountant)!
    Gray4276

• Phi pereter
    can you post a screenshot and obliterate any personal details?
    I've checked and your figures are way out for my area (rates vary geographically so an exact comparison is not possible without knowing where you are in the country). e.on came out about the same as PP.
    Also you need to check exactly what the annual saving is based on.

​Disclaimer
    Your mileage may vary, I am not an accountant and I don't have an HND in electronics.
    Anyone noticed this? I use 38,000 kwh gas and 5,255kwh electricity annually. I could save £220 on a net basis plus another £30 saving on Uswitch by switching to E.on v12
  • Phi pereter
    can you post a screenshot and obliterate any personal details?
    I've checked and your figures are way out for my area (rates vary geographically so an exact comparison is not possible without knowing where you are in the country). e.on came out about the same as PP.
    Also you need to check exactly what the annual saving is based on.

​Disclaimer
    Your mileage may vary, I am not an accountant and I don't have an HND in electronics.

• My annual spend with PP IS £2,150 per year 38,000 KWH & electricity 5,250 KWH. Numbers all checked..( winter DD is £210/month)

Switching to E.on v12 will save me £260 per year.( 5 bedroom c 2,600 sq ft house).
  • My annual spend with PP IS £2,150 per year 38,000 KWH & electricity 5,250 KWH. Numbers all checked..( winter DD is £210/month)

Switching to E.on v12 will save me £260 per year.( 5 bedroom c 2,600 sq ft house).

• I haeve just checked on money saving expert's energy club and several suppliers including edf and British Gas are cheaper for me by about £70 a year.
    see screenshot
    Name:  Screenshot_20191020-170847_Chrome.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  589.4 KB
  • I haeve just checked on money saving expert's energy club and several suppliers including edf and British Gas are cheaper for me by about £70 a year.
    see screenshot

• hi Pigsy
    may I ask what your annual consumption figures are? Which area are you on this table:
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...rate#ckb_start

​and can you give me a local postcode or at least the first 3 digits of postcode(just so I can have a quick look.)
    I checked mine earlier today an BG came out about the same but Avro has been cheaper for quite a while for me although their latest tariff has just increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy10 View Post
    I haeve just checked on money saving expert's energy club and several suppliers including edf and British Gas are cheaper for me by about £70 a year.
    see screenshot
  • hi Pigsy
    may I ask what your annual consumption figures are? Which area are you on this table:
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...rate#ckb_start

​and can you give me a local postcode or at least the first 3 digits of postcode(just so I can have a quick look.)
    I checked mine earlier today an BG came out about the same but Avro has been cheaper for quite a while for me although their latest tariff has just increased.

I haeve just checked on money saving expert's energy club and several suppliers including edf and British Gas are cheaper for me by about £70 a year.
    see screenshot

• hi pereter
    as I said I don't know your area.

I did a comp using your figures, my area lies about in the middle of the range for energy costs.
    Then I found a postcode in a more expensive area (South West) to compare.
    here's the comp I did for my area, the annual as you can see is £2035, I've shown BG and Avro, (but SP were cheaper with exit fees)
    Name:  uswitch-comp.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  108.8 KB

Using a much more expensive area resulted in annual pp costs of £2135 which is nearer what you have quoted. edf were cheapest (exit fees)but bg were only £45 a year cheaper. Quite how you got £260 and 12% cheaper for BG is beyond me, unless your area is expensive for PP but cheap for BG (and I don't believe that- yet)
    Apologies the elec was quoted for 5255 but the error is immaterial.
    (If your winter DD is £210 a month your projected annual costs are £2100 based on your original quote assuming prices have not changed since you joined)

My annual spend with PP IS £2,150 per year 38,000 KWH & electricity 5,250 KWH. Numbers all checked..( winter DD is £210/month)

Last edited by woz; 21-10-19 at 00:35.
  • hi pereter
    as I said I don't know your area.

I did a comp using your figures, my area lies about in the middle of the range for energy costs.
    Then I found a postcode in a more expensive area (South West) to compare.
    here's the comp I did for my area, the annual as you can see is £2035, I've shown BG and Avro, (but SP were cheaper with exit fees)
    Name:  uswitch-comp.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  108.8 KB

Using a much more expensive area resulted in annual pp costs of £2135 which is nearer what you have quoted. edf were cheapest (exit fees)but bg were only £45 a year cheaper. Quite how you got £260 and 12% cheaper for BG is beyond me, unless your area is expensive for PP but cheap for BG (and I don't believe that- yet)
    Apologies the elec was quoted for 5255 but the error is immaterial.
    (If your winter DD is £210 a month your projected annual costs are £2100 based on your original quote assuming prices have not changed since you joined)

My annual spend with PP IS £2,150 per year 38,000 KWH & electricity 5,250 KWH. Numbers all checked..( winter DD is £210/month)

• Try RH8 post code, 38k kwh Gas/yr 5.25k electricity/yr, USwitch comparison website and E.on v12 NOT BG. It is £220 cheaper per yr on E.on. I also got another £30 by switching to E.on through Topcashback.com. All in £250/ Yr cheaper than PP! (One thing I never realised before this exercise is that energy prices are skewed by postcode so much)...
    Last edited by Nataly; 21-10-19 at 13:14. Reason: Removing address
  • Try RH8 post code, 38k kwh Gas/yr 5.25k electricity/yr, USwitch comparison website and E.on v12 NOT BG. It is £220 cheaper per yr on E.on. I also got another £30 by switching to E.on through Topcashback.com. All in £250/ Yr cheaper than PP! (One thing I never realised before this exercise is that energy prices are skewed by postcode so much)...

• Hi WOZ

I am in South Wales, post code CF15
    ​My annual consumption is 22500 for gas and 3100 for electricity.
  • Hi WOZ

I am in South Wales, post code CF15
    ​My annual consumption is 22500 for gas and 3100 for electricity.

• hi pereter
    Thanks I knew it was e.on, ​I posted reasonable alternatives as e.on didn't show anything significant for the areas I tried but I wrote BG instead of E.on in part of the reply, my stupid error, my apologies. I posted the best comparative savings for the areas I tried.
    I was tired
    It should have read
    Quite how you got £260 and 12% cheaper for e.on is beyond me, unless your area is expensive for PP but cheap for e.on
    AND.... Yes it's an offer you can't refuse, even with the exit fee it's a no brainer, but better still turn your thermostat down.
    You've hit lucky with the postcode and e.on it's more expensive for other DNO areas.
    In my area USING YOUR CONSUMPTION the biggest saving was £85 with Scot Power £60 early penalty (I was with them once but never never again, they were awful, maybe they've fixed their customer service now..) next best Avro (they have their foibles but better than SP) at £50 saving. no penalty. If I was moving which I wouldn't because my savings are less because I use less gas than you and of course because I like PP, I'd go with Avro.
    You've hit lucky with the postcode and e.on it's more expensive for other DNO areas.
    ​Good luck, come back in a year...

Try RH8 post code, 38k kwh Gas/yr 5.25k electricity/yr, USwitch comparison website and E.on v12 NOT BG. It is £220 cheaper per yr on E.on. I also got another £30 by switching to E.on through Topcashback.com. All in £250/ Yr cheaper than PP! (One thing I never realised before this exercise is that energy prices are skewed by postcode so much)...
    Last edited by woz; 21-10-19 at 14:02.
  • hi pereter
    Thanks I knew it was e.on, ​I posted reasonable alternatives as e.on didn't show anything significant for the areas I tried but I wrote BG instead of E.on in part of the reply, my stupid error, my apologies. I posted the best comparative savings for the areas I tried.
    I was tired
    It should have read
    Quite how you got £260 and 12% cheaper for e.on is beyond me, unless your area is expensive for PP but cheap for e.on
    AND.... Yes it's an offer you can't refuse, even with the exit fee it's a no brainer, but better still turn your thermostat down.
    In my area USING YOUR CONSUMPTION the biggest saving was £85 with Scot Power £60 early penalty (I was with them once but never never again, they were awful, maybe they've fixed their customer service now..) next best Avro (they have their foibles but better than SP) at £50 saving. no penalty. If I was moving which I wouldn't because my savings are less because I use less gas than you and of course because I like PP, I'd go with Avro.
    ​Good luck, come back in a year...

Try RH8 post code, 38k kwh Gas/yr 5.25k electricity/yr, USwitch comparison website and E.on v12 NOT BG. It is £220 cheaper per yr on E.on. I also got another £30 by switching to E.on through Topcashback.com. All in £250/ Yr cheaper than PP! (One thing I never realised before this exercise is that energy prices are skewed by postcode so much)...

• Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy10 View Post
    Hi WOZ

I am in South Wales, post code .
    Sorry to hear that..
    Only joking

​​My annual consumption is 22500 for gas and 3100 for electricity.
    Yep it's a bit of a postcode lottery, I wouldn't go with a big penalty though.
    Last edited by woz; 21-10-19 at 14:11.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy10 View Post
    Hi WOZ

I am in South Wales, post code .
    Sorry to hear that..
    Only joking

​​My annual consumption is 22500 for gas and 3100 for electricity.
    Yep it's a bit of a postcode lottery, I wouldn't go with a big penalty though.

• Hi pereter,

Can you tell me the type and size of your house.......I'm interested because of the size of your annual gas usage figures
    Gray4276
  • Hi pereter,

Can you tell me the type and size of your house.......I'm interested because of the size of your annual gas usage figures
    Gray4276

• Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hi pereter,

Hi there
    Pereter has already said in this thread "5 bedroom c 2,600 sq ft house)."
    Easy to miss!
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hi pereter,

Hi there
    Easy to miss!
    Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

I thought I had read pereter's answer.......but I "missed it" when I read the post again following other CF members replies........"My bad" to use an annoying Americanism. 🤔😱👓

Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi there
    Easy to miss!
    Stephen
    Gray4276
  • Hi Stephen,

I thought I had read pereter's answer.......but I "missed it" when I read the post again following other CF members replies........"My bad" to use an annoying Americanism. 🤔😱👓

Hi there
    Easy to miss!
    Stephen
    Gray4276

• I think he's living in a 500 sq ft 2 bed terrace with a lot of plants.
    Hi there
    Easy to miss!
    Stephen
  • I think he's living in a 500 sq ft 2 bed terrace with a lot of plants.
    Hi there
    Easy to miss!
    Stephen