• Smart meters update - latest on statements not being received after SMETS2 installed

Hey everyone,

If you haven't received a statement since your SMETS2 meters were installed - we're really sorry about this.

We're aware of the issue, which has affected members whose SMETS2 meters were installed over a known 6-week period from the end of July, through to the beginning of September.

We're currently working on a fix for this, and we know who's affected - you'll receive a statement as soon as possible.

That's it for now. Thanks again to those members who've provided great feedback on their SMETS2 installations this year. We know there have been some frustrations and we really do appreciate your patience, as well as all the feedback you give us.

Any questions? Let's chat about them in the replies below.
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey everyone,

If you haven't received a statement since your SMETS2 meters were installed - we're really sorry about this.

We're aware of the issue, which has affected members whose SMETS2 meters were installed over a known 6-week period from the end of July, through to the beginning of September.

We're currently working on a fix for this, and we know who's affected - you'll receive a statement as soon as possible.

That's it for now. Thanks again to those members who've provided great feedback on their SMETS2 installations this year. We know there have been some frustrations and we really do appreciate your patience, as well as all the feedback you give us.

Any questions? Let's chat about them in the replies below.
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!

• Hi Nataly
    You're not going to like my comment...

I'm disappointed that it's taken so long for you to post this. It's not been good for PP's reputation and this should have been posted long ago.
    I hope individual emails will be sent to affected members with the opportunity to get an interim manual statement while it's being fixed.
  • Hi Nataly
    You're not going to like my comment...

I'm disappointed that it's taken so long for you to post this. It's not been good for PP's reputation and this should have been posted long ago.
    I hope individual emails will be sent to affected members with the opportunity to get an interim manual statement while it's being fixed.

• Hi Nataly
    I think the problems were present before the end of July. My meters were fitted end of May, I have only (very) recently received an offset bill covering April to September, and even now, not all my gas readings are showing in the app.
  • Hi Nataly
    I think the problems were present before the end of July. My meters were fitted end of May, I have only (very) recently received an offset bill covering April to September, and even now, not all my gas readings are showing in the app.

• My meters were installed end of May also, and I'm still to receive my first statement since then. At least previously. As of this month, I'm now no longer able to even manually submit gas readings.

I appreciate that I was part of a pilot, and therefore some issues are too be expected, however am disappointed that after nearly 5 months (and at least 2 since I first reported the issue), there is no indication as to when this will be resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

My meters were installed end of May also, and I'm still to receive my first statement since then. As of this month, I'm now no longer able to even manually submit gas readings.

I appreciate that I was part of a pilot, and therefore some issues are too be expected, however am disappointed that after nearly 5 months (and at least 2 since I first reported the issue), there is no indication as to when this will be resolved.
  • My meters were installed end of May also, and I'm still to receive my first statement since then. At least previously. As of this month, I'm now no longer able to even manually submit gas readings.

- - - Updated - - -

My meters were installed end of May also, and I'm still to receive my first statement since then. As of this month, I'm now no longer able to even manually submit gas readings.

• Likewise, end of June install and no statements until an offset bill arrived last week for the period from Jan to October. I’m not holding out any hope of a statement arriving in November.

As for smart meters. What a complete joke! Perhaps Smart Energy GB should have invested their money into sorting out the numerous problems with the Smart Meter roll out rather than an expensive TV advert saying thank you.
  • Likewise, end of June install and no statements until an offset bill arrived last week for the period from Jan to October. I’m not holding out any hope of a statement arriving in November.

As for smart meters. What a complete joke! Perhaps Smart Energy GB should have invested their money into sorting out the numerous problems with the Smart Meter roll out rather than an expensive TV advert saying thank you.

• Fortunately some members have been very understanding, but I'm more than disappointed at the way this has been handled, look at the position of those of us who want to be helpful community members.
    It's an indefensible position even if the situation isn't entirely PP's fault the lack of early response, apologies and offers of help to those affected is down to PP.
    I'm not going to be popular posting this....but I expected better.
    I could see this one coming, and said so (and I need glasses...)
  • Fortunately some members have been very understanding, but I'm more than disappointed at the way this has been handled, look at the position of those of us who want to be helpful community members.
    It's an indefensible position even if the situation isn't entirely PP's fault the lack of early response, apologies and offers of help to those affected is down to PP.
    I'm not going to be popular posting this....but I expected better.
    I could see this one coming, and said so (and I need glasses...)

• Further to my previous post above, I've just had another look at my statement and the readings for the gas in particular are a mixture of manual readings and estimates.
    I think the statement was produced because my gas meter is no longer recording usage, so there was no point in waiting any longer. Before anyone asks, my gas meter us due to be replaced next Friday. I can only assume that PP are going to estimate a months worth of gas.
  • Further to my previous post above, I've just had another look at my statement and the readings for the gas in particular are a mixture of manual readings and estimates.
    I think the statement was produced because my gas meter is no longer recording usage, so there was no point in waiting any longer. Before anyone asks, my gas meter us due to be replaced next Friday. I can only assume that PP are going to estimate a months worth of gas.

• Hey @ChrisH

I checked this out with our Member Services team, they've let me know you had been emailed your statements each month - the consolidated statement you've just received is updated to reflect your Smart readings, and means you'll continue to receive your monthly statements as normal from now on

Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    My meters were installed end of May also, and I'm still to receive my first statement since then. At least previously. As of this month, I'm now no longer able to even manually submit gas readings.

@jonw this is a bit of a complicated one and actually wasn't caused by your Smart meter installation.
    In terms of submitting your gas readings: your meter details needed updating - this has now been done, so you'll be able to submit them as normal now

The Operations team are working on getting your statement to you, and it'll need to cover your entire time on supply with Pure Planet. They'll keep you updated on this via email, while they work to resolve the issue.

@Duppy as noted, your gas meter is being replaced next week!
    Great to hear you received your statement, and that it contained some of your readings (before the meter stopped recording usage).

You're right that usage until your meter is replaced will be estimated based off your historical usage.
  • Hey @ChrisH

I checked this out with our Member Services team, they've let me know you had been emailed your statements each month - the consolidated statement you've just received is updated to reflect your Smart readings, and means you'll continue to receive your monthly statements as normal from now on

Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    My meters were installed end of May also, and I'm still to receive my first statement since then. At least previously. As of this month, I'm now no longer able to even manually submit gas readings.

@jonw this is a bit of a complicated one and actually wasn't caused by your Smart meter installation.
    In terms of submitting your gas readings: your meter details needed updating - this has now been done, so you'll be able to submit them as normal now

The Operations team are working on getting your statement to you, and it'll need to cover your entire time on supply with Pure Planet. They'll keep you updated on this via email, while they work to resolve the issue.

@Duppy as noted, your gas meter is being replaced next week!
    Great to hear you received your statement, and that it contained some of your readings (before the meter stopped recording usage).

You're right that usage until your meter is replaced will be estimated based off your historical usage.

• @Nataly, thanks for looking into this but what Member Services has told you concerns me on two counts:

1) I had to pester Wattbott for a statement, if member services believe they have been sent every month then there is an issue your end as I received nothing and I checked my SPAM folder.

2) If the consolidated bill was sent to reflect Smart Readings then why is the reading for the end of the billing period estimated? I’d have expected it to be an actual reading.πŸ€”
  • @Nataly, thanks for looking into this but what Member Services has told you concerns me on two counts:

1) I had to pester Wattbott for a statement, if member services believe they have been sent every month then there is an issue your end as I received nothing and I checked my SPAM folder.

2) If the consolidated bill was sent to reflect Smart Readings then why is the reading for the end of the billing period estimated? I’d have expected it to be an actual reading.πŸ€”

• This morning I sent in my first meter readings since the smart meters were installed 17-Sep. Knowing there were some problems with statements, I did send a message to the team requesting a statement be sent me (I normally receive them on the 21st). Note that the last statement I received was 21 Aug. No idea what will appear on any statement I do receive, as the gas meter reading now showing on my account is not quite the same as what I submitted (I also reported this to the team).
  • This morning I sent in my first meter readings since the smart meters were installed 17-Sep. Knowing there were some problems with statements, I did send a message to the team requesting a statement be sent me (I normally receive them on the 21st). Note that the last statement I received was 21 Aug. No idea what will appear on any statement I do receive, as the gas meter reading now showing on my account is not quite the same as what I submitted (I also reported this to the team).

• Just received 2 statements this morning - my first since March. One was March to August and one was Feb-October 15 (My bill date). So hoepfully they are coming through now

And I'm in credit still (by a nominal amount to cover one bill).
  • Just received 2 statements this morning - my first since March. One was March to August and one was Feb-October 15 (My bill date). So hoepfully they are coming through now

And I'm in credit still (by a nominal amount to cover one bill).

• Realised the App usage and balance is now updated too. Nice.
  • Realised the App usage and balance is now updated too. Nice.

• Hi, has there been any progress on this? I got my smart meter installed 1st October and have not had a statement since the 8th September.
    Last edited by TheBR; 13-11-19 at 17:33.
  • Hi, has there been any progress on this? I got my smart meter installed 1st October and have not had a statement since the 8th September.

• I joined Pure Planet at the beginning of November and at the moment feel like I am going back to the dark ages concerning SMET 2 smart meters and reading the comments on the Community does not feel me with any confidence that they are going to be read any time soon.
    OVO provided my SMET 2's on 22 July 2019 and everything worked fine (including my IHD). I switched to Bulb in Sep and although it took a while they connected to both my SMET2 meters and IHD. Since switching to Pure Planet I am told they can see my meters but are not yet able to take readings as for my IHD it will be some time before PP will have the technology before this will be useable.
    After all the publicity surrounding SMET2 meters and their universal acceptance and solution in the energy industry I cannot believe PP is not up to speed and able to read them - especially those installed by PP.
    I am already frustrated at having to provide manual manual readings again, but all I can do is be patient along with everyone else but I am going write to Ofgem, Smart Energy GB and MSE Utility Club whose services I use to switch providers. I have also highlighted these issues to family and friends and said hold back on getting SMET2 Meters installed as long as it is economically viable to do so.
    Come on PP please communicate the issues more clearly on this topic.

Thank you
  • I joined Pure Planet at the beginning of November and at the moment feel like I am going back to the dark ages concerning SMET 2 smart meters and reading the comments on the Community does not feel me with any confidence that they are going to be read any time soon.
    OVO provided my SMET 2's on 22 July 2019 and everything worked fine (including my IHD). I switched to Bulb in Sep and although it took a while they connected to both my SMET2 meters and IHD. Since switching to Pure Planet I am told they can see my meters but are not yet able to take readings as for my IHD it will be some time before PP will have the technology before this will be useable.
    After all the publicity surrounding SMET2 meters and their universal acceptance and solution in the energy industry I cannot believe PP is not up to speed and able to read them - especially those installed by PP.
    I am already frustrated at having to provide manual manual readings again, but all I can do is be patient along with everyone else but I am going write to Ofgem, Smart Energy GB and MSE Utility Club whose services I use to switch providers. I have also highlighted these issues to family and friends and said hold back on getting SMET2 Meters installed as long as it is economically viable to do so.
    Come on PP please communicate the issues more clearly on this topic.

Thank you

• Hi Tennisboy,

As this is your first post on the Community Forum for PP customers...WelcomeπŸ‘

I would like to point out that there is LOADS of information regarding the issues surrounding the installation and operability of the new SMETS2 meters. These issues are NOT specific to PP as many energy suppliers are experiencing difficulties.

Ofgem are fully aware of these issues......so raising a complaint specifically against PP would not be fair or appropriate (in my opinion).
    PP are running a trial on the installation of SMETS2 for PP customers who have requested to be part of this trial. PP are gathering information on installation and operational problems, and by doing this as a "trial", then the minimum number of PP customers are being inconvenienced.......this is very good practice in my opinion. Once PP are happy that they understand any issues raised, then PP will be in a much better position to roll out the installation of SMETS2 to all it's customers.

I understand that this course of action by PP does not seem to help people (like yourself) who are switching in to PP whose SMETS2 has gone dumb. I'm also sure that PP are hoping to support these SMETS2 customers as soon as they can.

However, if the correct use of your SMETS2 meter is a paramount requirement, that you feel that you are not happy to live without, or indeed wait to be rectified by PP, then there is always the option to switch away from PP (no exit fees or contract period).
    As you have had three different energy suppliers in a very short period of time (switching incentives being ignored here), then maybe this is your best course of action.

​​​​​​​I neither work for nor represent PP......These are my own comments based upon my experience of being a happy 12 month customer of PP.
    Last edited by Gray4276; 15-11-19 at 14:02.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Tennisboy,

As this is your first post on the Community Forum for PP customers...WelcomeπŸ‘

I would like to point out that there is LOADS of information regarding the issues surrounding the installation and operability of the new SMETS2 meters. These issues are NOT specific to PP as many energy suppliers are experiencing difficulties.

Ofgem are fully aware of these issues......so raising a complaint specifically against PP would not be fair or appropriate (in my opinion).
    PP are running a trial on the installation of SMETS2 for PP customers who have requested to be part of this trial. PP are gathering information on installation and operational problems, and by doing this as a "trial", then the minimum number of PP customers are being inconvenienced.......this is very good practice in my opinion. Once PP are happy that they understand any issues raised, then PP will be in a much better position to roll out the installation of SMETS2 to all it's customers.

I understand that this course of action by PP does not seem to help people (like yourself) who are switching in to PP whose SMETS2 has gone dumb. I'm also sure that PP are hoping to support these SMETS2 customers as soon as they can.

However, if the correct use of your SMETS2 meter is a paramount requirement, that you feel that you are not happy to live without, or indeed wait to be rectified by PP, then there is always the option to switch away from PP (no exit fees or contract period).
    As you have had three different energy suppliers in a very short period of time (switching incentives being ignored here), then maybe this is your best course of action.

​​​​​​​I neither work for nor represent PP......These are my own comments based upon my experience of being a happy 12 month customer of PP.
    Gray4276

•     
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBR View Post
    Hi, has there been any progress on this? I got my smart meter installed 1st October and have not had a statement since the 8th September.
    Hi there
    Just concerned this post might have been missed (@Nataly) - are you still waiting?
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

•     
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBR View Post
    Hi, has there been any progress on this? I got my smart meter installed 1st October and have not had a statement since the 8th September.
    Hi there
    Just concerned this post might have been missed (@Nataly) - are you still waiting?
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

• Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post

Hi there
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

Hi,
    Yeah - still no feedback on statements or statements for that matter.
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post

Hi there
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

Hi,
    Yeah - still no feedback on statements or statements for that matter.

• Hey @TheBR @stephenrand

Our Smart team are still working on getting statements out to everyoneπŸ‘
    @TheBR

If you haven't received a statement in another couple of weeks, I'd get in touch with the team to let them know by tapping 'get help & support' > 'Ask a question' in your account (and type 'message the team').

We'll also continue to post any updates in our Smart meters section πŸ™‚
  • Hey @TheBR @stephenrand

Our Smart team are still working on getting statements out to everyoneπŸ‘
    @TheBR

If you haven't received a statement in another couple of weeks, I'd get in touch with the team to let them know by tapping 'get help & support' > 'Ask a question' in your account (and type 'message the team').

We'll also continue to post any updates in our Smart meters section πŸ™‚