• Is there a way my mum could join pure planet but be on my app as she is not able to use apps or hav?

My elderly mother is having no end of problems with energy suppliers, I really think pure planet is the best one but she doesn’t have a smartphone and is partially blind. It would be fantastic if I could just put her on my app somehow, would this be possible?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My elderly mother is having no end of problems with energy suppliers, I really think pure planet is the best one but she doesn’t have a smartphone and is partially blind. It would be fantastic if I could just put her on my app somehow, would this be possible?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Snazzz66 (was that enough zzzz's ?)

Yes it's perfectly do-able you just need to log out of the app and log in on the email address you use for your mum - with a word of warning that you need to be able to retrieve the login mail on that device. (which if it works with your email provider as it does with gmail for example, could be snazzz66+mum@gmail.com if your address was snazzz66@gmail.com- check if that works with your email provider first. Send yourself an email with a +whatever on the end. Both of those emails would come to your inbox but PP would see them as individual.
    You do know that you can use PP on a computer, at purepla.net it doesn't have to be the app.?
    The other thing is make sure on your mum's account that you fill in the Priority Services Register for her.

My preference is to stay logged in and use 2 devices or a device and a laptop, but it matters not, I just don't like logging out as it's not necessary if you use 2 devices, but others on here do run two or more accounts in that way.
    I am making the presumption that you will be running the account for her, given that she would presumably need to use accessibility settings to read the account.
    ​Post back if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snazzz66 View Post
    My elderly mother is having no end of problems with energy suppliers, I really think pure planet is the best one but she doesn’t have a smartphone and is partially blind. It would be fantastic if I could just put her on my app somehow, would this be possible?
  • hi Snazzz66 (was that enough zzzz's ?)

Yes it's perfectly do-able you just need to log out of the app and log in on the email address you use for your mum - with a word of warning that you need to be able to retrieve the login mail on that device. (which if it works with your email provider as it does with gmail for example, could be snazzz66+mum@gmail.com if your address was snazzz66@gmail.com- check if that works with your email provider first. Send yourself an email with a +whatever on the end. Both of those emails would come to your inbox but PP would see them as individual.
    You do know that you can use PP on a computer, at purepla.net it doesn't have to be the app.?
    The other thing is make sure on your mum's account that you fill in the Priority Services Register for her.

My preference is to stay logged in and use 2 devices or a device and a laptop, but it matters not, I just don't like logging out as it's not necessary if you use 2 devices, but others on here do run two or more accounts in that way.
    I am making the presumption that you will be running the account for her, given that she would presumably need to use accessibility settings to read the account.
    ​Post back if you have any questions.

• Best Answer

Hi Snaz, I do exactly what you’re requesting for my parents too 👍👍

They don’t live local to me, nor do they have t’interweb or smartphones.

I have my fuel account with PP via my iPad and BT Email. I then have set up a second BT Email address on my iPad, which I use for my parents to have an account with PP.

Each month, I ask my parents for their meter readings, then input them into their PP account via my iPad.

One device (my iPad) with two BT email addresses. Very simple, works a treat 👍👍👏👏👏. Good luck Snaz 👍🤞
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi Snaz, I do exactly what you’re requesting for my parents too 👍👍

They don’t live local to me, nor do they have t’interweb or smartphones.

I have my fuel account with PP via my iPad and BT Email. I then have set up a second BT Email address on my iPad, which I use for my parents to have an account with PP.

Each month, I ask my parents for their meter readings, then input them into their PP account via my iPad.

One device (my iPad) with two BT email addresses. Very simple, works a treat 👍👍👏👏👏. Good luck Snaz 👍🤞

WALT WHITMAN

• Hey @Marc and @Nataly,

Do you think that you can offer advice to @Snazzz66 on this

Gray4276
  • Hey @Marc and @Nataly,

Do you think that you can offer advice to @Snazzz66 on this

Gray4276

• Quote Originally Posted by Snazzz66 View Post
    Gray4276 has asked for help from the team - one of them will confirm whether it will be possible to run your mother's account using a different email address from your own. It's slightly clunky logging in and logging out, but you would only have to do it once a month. Let's see what they say...
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Snazzz66 View Post
    Gray4276 has asked for help from the team - one of them will confirm whether it will be possible to run your mother's account using a different email address from your own. It's slightly clunky logging in and logging out, but you would only have to do it once a month. Let's see what they say...
    Stephen

• Hey @Snazzz66

Great advice from @woz and @Bev

As @woz noted, make sure to fill out a Priority Services Register form on your mum's account, if you do decide to switch her to Pure Planet

​Let us know if there's anything else you'd like help with!
    • The first snow of winter arrives! ⛄ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations​​​​​​​
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?🤔​​​​​​​ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @Snazzz66

Great advice from @woz and @Bev

As @woz noted, make sure to fill out a Priority Services Register form on your mum's account, if you do decide to switch her to Pure Planet

​Let us know if there's anything else you'd like help with!
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​

• Can my elderly mother join pure but on my app/account?

My elderly mother is paying very high amounts for her dual energy (£149 per month) and I would like to manage her account as she is struggling to cope, so want to know if she can join pure through my account as she is partially sighted and thus can’t use a smartphone?
  • My elderly mother is paying very high amounts for her dual energy (£149 per month) and I would like to manage her account as she is struggling to cope, so want to know if she can join pure through my account as she is partially sighted and thus can’t use a smartphone?

• Hi there
    You can open a second account using a different email address. You can't have two accounts on the same email address.
    ​​​​​​​Stephen
  • Hi there
    You can open a second account using a different email address. You can't have two accounts on the same email address.
    ​​​​​​​Stephen

• Yes you’ve already asked this on 15.10.19 Snaz, I remember replying, along with others. As Stephen reiterates, many of us do this for our parents or relatives, by having an additional email but using our one device. It works perfectly well 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Yes you’ve already asked this on 15.10.19 Snaz, I remember replying, along with others. As Stephen reiterates, many of us do this for our parents or relatives, by having an additional email but using our one device. It works perfectly well 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN

• Hey @Snazzz66

Just FYI I've merged your posts together to avoid duplicates, as this can get confusing for other Members!

If you have any other questions you can tap 'reply +' below and ask away🙂

Have you seen the advice above from @Bev and @woz? It's spot on 👍
  • Hey @Snazzz66

Just FYI I've merged your posts together to avoid duplicates, as this can get confusing for other Members!

If you have any other questions you can tap 'reply +' below and ask away🙂

Have you seen the advice above from @Bev and @woz? It's spot on 👍