• New “payment plan” 😱

I have been renovating my property and since January have had no heating or electricity (other than two sockets which the contractors have been using). This week, I received an email saying:
    “A couple of weeks ago we suggested a new Direct Debit schedule to get your account back on track, and a temporary six month payment plan to reduce your debit balance. We've now adjusted your schedule to the new amounts.

Your next payment of £123.23 will be taken on 2 November.

Your temporary payment plan is included in your Direct Debit. After six months, these extra payments will automatically stop.”
    Considering my usage is pretty much zero- I find this absolutely appalling! I’m already paying for units that I’m not using and the price has tripled!
    Can someone please advise on how I can resolve/go about formally complaining about this?
    Regards,
    G.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have been renovating my property and since January have had no heating or electricity (other than two sockets which the contractors have been using). This week, I received an email saying:
    “A couple of weeks ago we suggested a new Direct Debit schedule to get your account back on track, and a temporary six month payment plan to reduce your debit balance. We've now adjusted your schedule to the new amounts.

Your temporary payment plan is included in your Direct Debit. After six months, these extra payments will automatically stop.”
    Considering my usage is pretty much zero- I find this absolutely appalling! I’m already paying for units that I’m not using and the price has tripled!
    Can someone please advise on how I can resolve/go about formally complaining about this?
    Regards,
    G.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

My first piece of advice would be to reply to the email.

Did you receive the email two weeks ago? Your payments can't be changed without you being informed, which was the purpose of that email. So reply immediately.

The other key question is whether you have been submitting monthly meter readings? I'm guessing that your statement is being based on estimated readings that don't take into account the very low usage. I would submit a meter reading immediately.

If my assumptions are incorrect, please post back and your fellow customers will offer further advice.

But first, reply to the email!

PS You can't be charged for energy you haven't used!!
  • My first piece of advice would be to reply to the email.

Did you receive the email two weeks ago? Your payments can't be changed without you being informed, which was the purpose of that email. So reply immediately.

The other key question is whether you have been submitting monthly meter readings? I'm guessing that your statement is being based on estimated readings that don't take into account the very low usage. I would submit a meter reading immediately.

If my assumptions are incorrect, please post back and your fellow customers will offer further advice.

But first, reply to the email!

PS You can't be charged for energy you haven't used!!

• hi Ladyg
    Have you submitted readings?
    Have you been getting statements by email and reading them?

If the answer is yes then - oh dear - something horrible has gone wrong with the reviewing system.
    (which is worrying and should be looked into)

If the answer is no then I don't understand why you've posted as the reply to your original question HERE advised how to proceed.

Also to add that it doesn't matter whether the contractors are using 2 sockets or 10 sockets, they may still have been using significant amounts of energy, it depends what they've had on, it could be halogen lighting all day for example, or a cement mixer, dehumidifier etc etc.
    If PP have mis-reviewed your payments they will gladly correct it, if it's down to how much energy has been used that's not something you can complain to PP about.
    Also you had 2 weeks to contact them to dispute or query the proposed increase, if you haven't done so you can hardly blame PP.
    Otherwise advice as other post.
    I don't think you need to complain, just to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyg View Post
    I have been renovating my property and since January have had no heating or electricity (other than two sockets which the contractors have been using). This week, I received an email saying:

Regards,
    G.
    Last edited by woz; 12-10-19 at 23:48.
  • hi Ladyg
    Have you submitted readings?
    Have you been getting statements by email and reading them?

If the answer is yes then - oh dear - something horrible has gone wrong with the reviewing system.
    (which is worrying and should be looked into)

If the answer is no then I don't understand why you've posted as the reply to your original question HERE advised how to proceed.

Also to add that it doesn't matter whether the contractors are using 2 sockets or 10 sockets, they may still have been using significant amounts of energy, it depends what they've had on, it could be halogen lighting all day for example, or a cement mixer, dehumidifier etc etc.
    If PP have mis-reviewed your payments they will gladly correct it, if it's down to how much energy has been used that's not something you can complain to PP about.
    Also you had 2 weeks to contact them to dispute or query the proposed increase, if you haven't done so you can hardly blame PP.
    Otherwise advice as other post.
    I don't think you need to complain, just to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyg View Post

Regards,
    G.

• Hello, thank you for responding firstly. I have been submitting meter readings, showing no change in my gas and very little change in my electricity. I updated them again yesterday in case this is what was required.
    Also, I have been searching my emails: inbox, junk mail, deleted emails for said email to forewarn- to no avail. I did respond to the email (twice) and have had no response.
    I’ve tried my best to do everything that I can on my part, including contacting wattbot (twice). I’m about to email again... will give then 24 hours to respond before writing a formal complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

To make matters worse-
    I’ve realised my emails are still in my outbox because you cannot respond to a ‘no.repl’ email! I haven’t even been given the opportunity to respond, even if I wanted to.
    I’ve exhausted all options, without complaining.
  • Hello, thank you for responding firstly. I have been submitting meter readings, showing no change in my gas and very little change in my electricity. I updated them again yesterday in case this is what was required.
    Also, I have been searching my emails: inbox, junk mail, deleted emails for said email to forewarn- to no avail. I did respond to the email (twice) and have had no response.
    I’ve tried my best to do everything that I can on my part, including contacting wattbot (twice). I’m about to email again... will give then 24 hours to respond before writing a formal complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

To make matters worse-
    I’ve realised my emails are still in my outbox because you cannot respond to a ‘no.repl’ email! I haven’t even been given the opportunity to respond, even if I wanted to.

• Quote Originally Posted by Ladyg View Post
    Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

To make matters worse-
    My email about my account came from help@purepla.net... Might be worth a try?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Ladyg View Post
    Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

To make matters worse-
    My email about my account came from help@purepla.net... Might be worth a try?

• hi LadyG
    did you type message the team into wattbot when you replied? It can take a couple of days to get a reply from the team.
    I'd give admin a chance to reply here as well.
    If you've supplied readings then as I said it appears to have gone horribly wrong. It's as though PP aren't getting your readings.
    Quite simply if you've used almost no energy why would a review want to increase your payments- it makes no sense and where something makes no sense there's a piece of the jigsaw missing.
    Is your account updating with the readings you've supplied? Also just to be on the safe side have you checked your meter serials on the meter against those listed on the account?

@marc
    Last edited by woz; 13-10-19 at 20:27.
  • hi LadyG
    did you type message the team into wattbot when you replied? It can take a couple of days to get a reply from the team.
    I'd give admin a chance to reply here as well.
    If you've supplied readings then as I said it appears to have gone horribly wrong. It's as though PP aren't getting your readings.
    Quite simply if you've used almost no energy why would a review want to increase your payments- it makes no sense and where something makes no sense there's a piece of the jigsaw missing.
    Is your account updating with the readings you've supplied? Also just to be on the safe side have you checked your meter serials on the meter against those listed on the account?

@marc

• Hi @Ladyg
    Just to let you know I've flagged this with our Member services team, and they're looking into it.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Ladyg
    Just to let you know I've flagged this with our Member services team, and they're looking into it.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi again @Ladyg
    An update.
    According to our member services team, an email was sent on 26th September at 11.04am. The subject of the email was: 'IMPORTANT: We've reviewed your account – we need to increase your payments and set up a temporary payment plan'
    Is it def not in any of your folders?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi again @Ladyg
    An update.
    According to our member services team, an email was sent on 26th September at 11.04am. The subject of the email was: 'IMPORTANT: We've reviewed your account – we need to increase your payments and set up a temporary payment plan'

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi marc
    I'm interfering again
    As I understand this the issue is not whether the email was received, it was why it was received.
    I think I read that Ladyg agreed that she(?) had had the proposed new DD mail, but can't understand why as her consumption should in her opinion, be minimal so why the increase and temporary plan.
    I may be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi again @Ladyg
    An update.
  • Hi marc
    I'm interfering again
    As I understand this the issue is not whether the email was received, it was why it was received.
    I think I read that Ladyg agreed that she(?) had had the proposed new DD mail, but can't understand why as her consumption should in her opinion, be minimal so why the increase and temporary plan.
    I may be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi again @Ladyg
    An update.