• Making a BACS payment to PP

Hi there, thanks for being here to help with my question.

I need to address my debit amount with PP and wish to pay £418.

However, having been a victim of fraud in the past, I am reticent to place this money straight into a sort code and account number (given to me over email, with a copy of my current bill attached - somewhat proving not to be fraudulent???). I was given this information after receiving a call back that I requested. So it all seems fairfly safe to me.

I went through the transfer process with my banking app (did not recognise Pure Planet as a company when searched) and my bank also highlighted the risk of paying to unknown details. In the end I paid just £10 to see what would happen this morning. I still have not received any automated confirmation email... Can you guys advise me?

Thanks again
    Nina
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi there, thanks for being here to help with my question.

I need to address my debit amount with PP and wish to pay £418.

However, having been a victim of fraud in the past, I am reticent to place this money straight into a sort code and account number (given to me over email, with a copy of my current bill attached - somewhat proving not to be fraudulent???). I was given this information after receiving a call back that I requested. So it all seems fairfly safe to me.

I went through the transfer process with my banking app (did not recognise Pure Planet as a company when searched) and my bank also highlighted the risk of paying to unknown details. In the end I paid just £10 to see what would happen this morning. I still have not received any automated confirmation email... Can you guys advise me?

Thanks again
    Nina
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @Nina
    I've checked this out with our Member services team.
    The £10 has come through. So they'll be in touch for the remainder.

Thanks for the heads-up @woz @Gray4276
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Nina
    I've checked this out with our Member services team.
    The £10 has come through. So they'll be in touch for the remainder.

Thanks for the heads-up @woz @Gray4276
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hello Nina.
    If you are uneasy about the whole bacs process and with being a victim of fraud before i dont blame you, an option could be to ask PP via wattbot to increase your monthly DD and to pay off the arrears monthly, an extra 35 a month will clear it in a year.
  • Hello Nina.
    If you are uneasy about the whole bacs process and with being a victim of fraud before i dont blame you, an option could be to ask PP via wattbot to increase your monthly DD and to pay off the arrears monthly, an extra 35 a month will clear it in a year.

• Hey @Marc,

Maybe this is something that you could advise/assist @Nina with.......Just a thought 🤔
    Gray4276
  • Hey @Marc,

Maybe this is something that you could advise/assist @Nina with.......Just a thought 🤔
    Gray4276

• hi Nina
    very prudent...
    Here is what I would do
    top rhs little envelope or click here to send a direct message, put marc in the to field, and something appropriate in subject line, and ask marc to confirm the bacs numbers by direct message. That should set your mind at rest.
    DM's are private.

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    Hi there, thanks for being here to help with my question. I need to address my debit amount with PP and wish to pay £418. However, having been a victim of fraud in the past, I am reticent to place this money straight into a sort code and account number (given to me over email, with a copy of my current bill attached - somewhat proving not to be fraudulent???). I was given this information after receiving a call back that I requested. So it all seems fairfly safe to me. I went through the transfer process with my banking app (did not recognise Pure Planet as a company when searched) and my bank also highlighted the risk of paying to unknown details. In the end I paid just £10 to see what would happen this morning. I still have not received any automated confirmation email... Can you guys advise me? Thanks again Nina
  • hi Nina
    very prudent...
    Here is what I would do
    top rhs little envelope or click here to send a direct message, put marc in the to field, and something appropriate in subject line, and ask marc to confirm the bacs numbers by direct message. That should set your mind at rest.
    DM's are private.

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    Hi there, thanks for being here to help with my question. I need to address my debit amount with PP and wish to pay £418. However, having been a victim of fraud in the past, I am reticent to place this money straight into a sort code and account number (given to me over email, with a copy of my current bill attached - somewhat proving not to be fraudulent???). I was given this information after receiving a call back that I requested. So it all seems fairfly safe to me. I went through the transfer process with my banking app (did not recognise Pure Planet as a company when searched) and my bank also highlighted the risk of paying to unknown details. In the end I paid just £10 to see what would happen this morning. I still have not received any automated confirmation email... Can you guys advise me? Thanks again Nina