• WHY AM I PAYING £16.00 MONTH

WHY DO PURE PLANET HAVE A MEMBERSHIP FEE ..AND ARE THERE ANY BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER..JUST HAD MY FIRST BILL ..WHICH SEEMS HIGH COMPERE TO MY LAST COMPANY.I UNDERSTAND WITH THE COLD MONTHS COMING ..SO IF AM IN CREDIT COME APRIL CAN I GET A REFUND ???
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • WHY DO PURE PLANET HAVE A MEMBERSHIP FEE ..AND ARE THERE ANY BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER..JUST HAD MY FIRST BILL ..WHICH SEEMS HIGH COMPERE TO MY LAST COMPANY.I UNDERSTAND WITH THE COLD MONTHS COMING ..SO IF AM IN CREDIT COME APRIL CAN I GET A REFUND ???
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

The £16 per month membership fee is what other companies call the standing charge, there is also a £30 per year discount for dual fuel.
    If you are in credit in April you can ask for a payment review
  • The £16 per month membership fee is what other companies call the standing charge, there is also a £30 per year discount for dual fuel.
    If you are in credit in April you can ask for a payment review

• Hi fozzer,

I find it a little bit disconcerting that you do not know what the PP Membership Fee is.......it's what all the other energy suppliers call a "standing charge".

This "standing charge" is how "all" the energy suppliers cover their overheads and running costs.

PP only charge you for the energy that you use......at the price that they purchase your energy at, without any mark up, so what you pay is equal to what PP were charged for your energy.

If your statement "seems" higher than you were expecting......then I would suggest that you carry out an accurate comparison between PP and your old supplier.
    PP are one of the cheapest energy suppliers on the market, especially among "green energy" suppliers.

PP will review your account usage at least twice per year, and if your account is significantly in credit or debit, then PP will recommend an increase or decrease in your DD payments to enable your account to remain "balanced" in relation to your "actual" usage figures.

You can ask PP for a review of your account at any time, if you feel that your account is not on track. However, I personally feel that 12 months is the perfect time to review the account, (however I monitor my account monthly), as by this time you will have a full calendar year of usage against payment. At this point, if your account is significantly in credit, then this would be the ideal time to request a refund.
    ​If you requested a refund in April, and then your Summer payments don't match your usage, then you would then need a DD review again.
    Oh by the way......I'm assuming that you know about how the two tier DD payment system works.......so I won't go into that at this juncture.

The information about your DD payments, including how the figures were arrived at, are in your "Welcome Pack" email. Please take the time to review your communications from PP, and check out the content on the Community Forum home page.......it's absolutely full of really good/useful information.

I am not employed by PP......I'm just a satisfied customer.

​Hope this helps
    Last edited by Gray4276; 09-10-19 at 20:06. Reason: Adding really useful stuff....😎
    Gray4276
  • Hi fozzer,

I find it a little bit disconcerting that you do not know what the PP Membership Fee is.......it's what all the other energy suppliers call a "standing charge".

This "standing charge" is how "all" the energy suppliers cover their overheads and running costs.

PP only charge you for the energy that you use......at the price that they purchase your energy at, without any mark up, so what you pay is equal to what PP were charged for your energy.

If your statement "seems" higher than you were expecting......then I would suggest that you carry out an accurate comparison between PP and your old supplier.
    PP are one of the cheapest energy suppliers on the market, especially among "green energy" suppliers.

PP will review your account usage at least twice per year, and if your account is significantly in credit or debit, then PP will recommend an increase or decrease in your DD payments to enable your account to remain "balanced" in relation to your "actual" usage figures.

You can ask PP for a review of your account at any time, if you feel that your account is not on track. However, I personally feel that 12 months is the perfect time to review the account, (however I monitor my account monthly), as by this time you will have a full calendar year of usage against payment. At this point, if your account is significantly in credit, then this would be the ideal time to request a refund.
    ​If you requested a refund in April, and then your Summer payments don't match your usage, then you would then need a DD review again.
    Oh by the way......I'm assuming that you know about how the two tier DD payment system works.......so I won't go into that at this juncture.

The information about your DD payments, including how the figures were arrived at, are in your "Welcome Pack" email. Please take the time to review your communications from PP, and check out the content on the Community Forum home page.......it's absolutely full of really good/useful information.

I am not employed by PP......I'm just a satisfied customer.

​Hope this helps
    Gray4276

• hi Gray
    I'm extremely disconcerted that you find it disconcerting.
  • hi Gray

• hi fozzer
    ​as other replies but just to ask...
    Is Pure Planet the first company you've ever had an energy account with?
    If not who were you with before PP?
    Did you pay your previous company with a direct debit?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzer62 View Post
    WHY DO PURE PLANET HAVE A MEMBERSHIP FEE ..AND ARE THERE ANY BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER..JUST HAD MY FIRST BILL ..WHICH SEEMS HIGH COMPERE TO MY LAST COMPANY.I UNDERSTAND WITH THE COLD MONTHS COMING ..SO IF AM IN CREDIT COME APRIL CAN I GET A REFUND ???
  • hi fozzer

Quote Originally Posted by fozzer62 View Post

• hi fozzer (I like the name!)

​just to add, you only pay for what you use plus of course the standing cost (aka membership fee) If you are a very very low user the membership fee becomes a bigger percentage of your costs. Did you do a comparison before you switched with an expected annual use entered?
    Also have you submitted readings?

I don't know if this has been mentioned but with PP you pay up front at the start of the months billing so your statement will show credit but that's not credit you can ask for a refund for, it's credit you are going to use in the following month.
    If it creeps upp over time that's a different matter, you can then ask for a refund.
    Last edited by woz; 09-10-19 at 21:40.
  • hi fozzer (I like the name!)

​just to add, you only pay for what you use plus of course the standing cost (aka membership fee) If you are a very very low user the membership fee becomes a bigger percentage of your costs. Did you do a comparison before you switched with an expected annual use entered?
    Also have you submitted readings?

I don't know if this has been mentioned but with PP you pay up front at the start of the months billing so your statement will show credit but that's not credit you can ask for a refund for, it's credit you are going to use in the following month.
    If it creeps upp over time that's a different matter, you can then ask for a refund.

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Gray
    I was only feeling "a little bit" disconcerted..... whereas you were "extremely disconcerted" 😎🤔😂👌
    Last edited by Gray4276; 10-10-19 at 00:57.
    Gray4276
    hi Gray
    I was only feeling "a little bit" disconcerted..... whereas you were "extremely disconcerted" 😎🤔😂👌
    Gray4276

• it’s highly infectious, the next person who comes along will most likely be hugely disconcerted at my disconcertation of your disconcertedness.(I don’t have a dictionary to hand so excuse the words)
    Well at least you didn’t explain why you were disconcerted, that would have probably been worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    I was only feeling "a little bit" disconcerted..... whereas you were extremely disconcerted" ���������������� �������
  • it’s highly infectious, the next person who comes along will most likely be hugely disconcerted at my disconcertation of your disconcertedness.(I don’t have a dictionary to hand so excuse the words)
    Well at least you didn’t explain why you were disconcerted, that would have probably been worse.
    I was only feeling "a little bit" disconcerted..... whereas you were extremely disconcerted" ���������������� �������

it’s highly infectious, the next person who comes along will most likely be hugely disconcerted at my disconcertation of your disconcertedness.(I don’t have a dictionary to hand so excuse the words)
    Time for bed said Zebedee ⌚🛌😴🤔
    Gray4276

it’s highly infectious, the next person who comes along will most likely be hugely disconcerted at my disconcertation of your disconcertedness.(I don’t have a dictionary to hand so excuse the words)
    Time for bed said Zebedee ⌚🛌😴🤔
    Gray4276

• ive just joined this conversation,i dont want to be a member ,i want to be a customer

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi fozzer
  • ive just joined this conversation,i dont want to be a member ,i want to be a customer

hi fozzer

• But you are a customer, apparently an unhappy one.
    if it makes you feel better, just call the 'membership fee' the standing charge - I guess they only call it a 'membership fee' because you pay it in advance, rather than based in how many days after the event.
  • But you are a customer, apparently an unhappy one.
    if it makes you feel better, just call the 'membership fee' the standing charge - I guess they only call it a 'membership fee' because you pay it in advance, rather than based in how many days after the event.

• how do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    But you are a customer....
  • how do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    But you are a customer....

• Hey Woz,

Gwyndy can read.........👓 👍 🙌

I love rhetorical quesquestions.........😎😜👌

how do you know?
    Gray4276
  • Hey Woz,

Gwyndy can read.........👓 👍 🙌

I love rhetorical quesquestions.........😎😜👌

how do you know?
    Gray4276

• He doesn't say he's either,
    ive just joined this conversation,i dont want to be a member ,i want to be a customer

P.S. ​I don't want to be an astronaut.
    Hey Woz,

Gwyndy can read.........������ ������ ������

I love rhetorical quesquestions.........��������� ��������

• He doesn't say he's either,
    ive just joined this conversation,i dont want to be a member ,i want to be a customer

Hey Woz,

Gwyndy can read.........������ ������ ������

I love rhetorical quesquestions.........��������� ��������

• Hey Woz.......the clue is in his name.........😎😱🙏👓

He doesn't say he's either,

Gray4276
  • Hey Woz.......the clue is in his name.........😎😱🙏👓

Gray4276

• haha ...good point...doh!
    mind you it would have been a bit odd if he was an unhappy member...

Hey Woz.......the clue is in his name.........������������ �����������

• haha ...good point...doh!
    mind you it would have been a bit odd if he was an unhappy member...

Hey Woz.......the clue is in his name.........������������ �����������

Hey Woz

I wanted to be a "LUMBERJACK"
    😎😜🤯🤠🥴
    Gray4276

Hey Woz

I wanted to be a "LUMBERJACK"
    😎😜🤯🤠🥴
    Gray4276