• Billing

Hi I’ve had a payment of over £500 deducted from my account. Please can you confirm if this is because my term has come to an end. The account was showing £400+ in credit only a few days ago.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi I’ve had a payment of over £500 deducted from my account. Please can you confirm if this is because my term has come to an end. The account was showing £400+ in credit only a few days ago.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @Georginahenfrey

I checked this out with our Member Services team - you received what's called an 'offset bill' or 'consolidated statement', covering the period November '18 to September '19.

You can read more about offset bills here

If there's anything else the Community can help with, just tap 'reply +' below
    • The first snow of winter arrives! ⛄ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations​​​​​​​
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?🤔​​​​​​​ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @Georginahenfrey

I checked this out with our Member Services team - you received what's called an 'offset bill' or 'consolidated statement', covering the period November '18 to September '19.

You can read more about offset bills here

If there's anything else the Community can help with, just tap 'reply +' below
    • The first snow of winter arrives! ⛄ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations​​​​​​​
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?🤔​​​​​​​ Find out in our quiz!

• Quote Originally Posted by Georginahenfrey View Post
    Hi I’ve had a payment of over £500 deducted from my account. Please can you confirm if this is because my term has come to an end. The account was showing £400+ in credit only a few days ago.
    As this is account related, you should ask this question in Wattbot. Go to the menu, help, ask Wattbot, type message the team and ask there. You will receive a response from the team within 24 hours
  • Quote Originally Posted by Georginahenfrey View Post
    As this is account related, you should ask this question in Wattbot. Go to the menu, help, ask Wattbot, type message the team and ask there. You will receive a response from the team within 24 hours

• Hi Georgina,

Firstly.......your "term" has not come to an end, as PP do not have fixed term contracts......you are a PP customer until you "switch away" to another provider. I'm assuming that you have not switched providers.

Secondly.......(and this is a bit of a guess) ......it is possible that you have received a "consolidated" bill also known as an "offset" bill. You should check your latest statement to see if it covers more than 1 normal billing period......if it does, then it's an "offset" bill.
    This "offset" bill is used to rationalise your account, and bring it up to date. This may have been done because PP may have carried out a review to establish whether your account was " on track" to cover your actual usage. This could have been exacerbated if you have not sent in regular meter readings.( I'm not saying that you haven't.....but it's a possibility).
    With regard to the £500 payment that you mentioned had been removed from your account.......do you mean from your PP account balance, or do you mean from your bank account. If it is from your PP account balance, then this indicates that this is due to a "correction" of your account usage/payment balance. Please note that PP cannot simply take a payment from your bank account, without first getting your agreement !!

I hope that this is purely an "offset" bill.......as this is the least problematic situation.

If however, after checking your latest statement, you find that this is not the case.
    Then you really must contact PP through the App/webpage via Help>WattBot......type in "message the team" and press send. Followed by the details of your issue.....you should receive a response within approximately 1 working day......look out for a text message/email from PP to inform you that you have received a reply to your WattBot message.

I hope that this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Georginahenfrey View Post
    Gray4276
  • Hi Georgina,

Firstly.......your "term" has not come to an end, as PP do not have fixed term contracts......you are a PP customer until you "switch away" to another provider. I'm assuming that you have not switched providers.

Secondly.......(and this is a bit of a guess) ......it is possible that you have received a "consolidated" bill also known as an "offset" bill. You should check your latest statement to see if it covers more than 1 normal billing period......if it does, then it's an "offset" bill.
    This "offset" bill is used to rationalise your account, and bring it up to date. This may have been done because PP may have carried out a review to establish whether your account was " on track" to cover your actual usage. This could have been exacerbated if you have not sent in regular meter readings.( I'm not saying that you haven't.....but it's a possibility).
    With regard to the £500 payment that you mentioned had been removed from your account.......do you mean from your PP account balance, or do you mean from your bank account. If it is from your PP account balance, then this indicates that this is due to a "correction" of your account usage/payment balance. Please note that PP cannot simply take a payment from your bank account, without first getting your agreement !!

I hope that this is purely an "offset" bill.......as this is the least problematic situation.

If however, after checking your latest statement, you find that this is not the case.
    Then you really must contact PP through the App/webpage via Help>WattBot......type in "message the team" and press send. Followed by the details of your issue.....you should receive a response within approximately 1 working day......look out for a text message/email from PP to inform you that you have received a reply to your WattBot message.

I hope that this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Georginahenfrey View Post
    Gray4276