• Lightbulb Pure Planet community - welcome, introduce youself, getting started

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! Great to have you with us. I’m Marc, the community manager.

This is me

Name:  IMG_1203.JPG
Views: 3194
Size:  15.0 KB

This is my cat, Jez.

Name:  jez cute sep 2018.JPG
Views: 3255
Size:  151.4 KB

And Wookiee, my other cat.

Name:  Wookey at window - March 2018.jpg
Views: 3336
Size:  1.46 MB

I like cats! I also like tea, taking photos, trying to eat healthily, gadgets and tech stuff, and of course getting more people to switch to renewables.

Got a question? Ask the Community for tips or to share feedback about anything Pure Planet and renewable energy. You can also help out other members by answering their questions.

We've also got sections for discussions about Joining and Switching, about smart meters and how to read them, and about Amazon voucher referrals.

Want to join Pure Planet but not sure how? Check out this joining guide.

If another member answers your question, please thank them - you can reply, or give their post a thumbs-up. And if you've started a new thread and another member gives you a fantastic reply - you can select this as the Best Answer. It's nice being nice!

If you want to post about some new sustainable technology, events or news, head to our sustainable news and views board. You can join others’ discussions or start your own. The more the merrier.

We've also got a community rewards scheme - our way of saying thanks for taking part in the community

Looking for a quick answer to your question? Check out the Pure Planet FAQs.

Finally, I’m here to make sure you get the most out of the community. If you’ve got any issues, questions, suggestions or just want to say hello, message me any time directly and we can have a chat.

Now it’s your turn! Tell us a little bit about yourself, and what you’re into

You may also like: Take the Pure Planet Community quiz!

Last edited by Marc; 24-06-19 at 15:18. Reason: Adding link to quiz
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Welcome to the Pure Planet community! Great to have you with us. I’m Marc, the community manager.

This is me

Name:  IMG_1203.JPG
Views: 3194
Size:  15.0 KB

This is my cat, Jez.

Name:  jez cute sep 2018.JPG
Views: 3255
Size:  151.4 KB

And Wookiee, my other cat.

Name:  Wookey at window - March 2018.jpg
Views: 3336
Size:  1.46 MB

I like cats! I also like tea, taking photos, trying to eat healthily, gadgets and tech stuff, and of course getting more people to switch to renewables.

Got a question? Ask the Community for tips or to share feedback about anything Pure Planet and renewable energy. You can also help out other members by answering their questions.

We've also got sections for discussions about Joining and Switching, about smart meters and how to read them, and about Amazon voucher referrals.

Want to join Pure Planet but not sure how? Check out this joining guide.

If another member answers your question, please thank them - you can reply, or give their post a thumbs-up. And if you've started a new thread and another member gives you a fantastic reply - you can select this as the Best Answer. It's nice being nice!

If you want to post about some new sustainable technology, events or news, head to our sustainable news and views board. You can join others’ discussions or start your own. The more the merrier.

We've also got a community rewards scheme - our way of saying thanks for taking part in the community

Looking for a quick answer to your question? Check out the Pure Planet FAQs.

Finally, I’m here to make sure you get the most out of the community. If you’ve got any issues, questions, suggestions or just want to say hello, message me any time directly and we can have a chat.

Now it’s your turn! Tell us a little bit about yourself, and what you’re into

You may also like: Take the Pure Planet Community quiz!

• Hi, My names Bev, and I switched to Pure Planet 💡at the start of this year. I love the whole cutting edge✂️ feel it gives, it has a great ethos, and the friendliness of the community 🤝is like no other provider out there.

I am very independent and just adore doing my own thing. Follow the Red Arrows ✈️and attend one or two, sometimes three or four, aviation shows through the year where possible.

Name:  E075FC38-2093-4229-A27A-4C6E25C59D80.jpeg
Views: 3228
Size:  67.3 KB

Always been a keen follower of professional tennis 🎾since an early age, and been to Wimbledon six times. Fantastic experience. Rafa Nadel accidentally bumped into me at Wimbledon, whilst walking to the practice courts 🙀Hit my shoulder with his bag and bent over backwards to apologise💕!

Name:  4E201856-C8BE-43DD-A0D1-59493FD84E44.jpeg
Views: 3243
Size:  97.4 KB

I have Type One 💉diabetes, so try my best to keep healthy, with lots of vegetarian cooking, and healthy eating. I do have a massive addiction to crisps tho! Everything in moderation and all that! Diagnosed in 1987 aged 17, it’s been a massive part of my life, and despite excellent control, if I had just one wish in my life, it’d be to be free of the condition. Definitely.

I have worked in the NHS for most of my working life, and thoroughly enjoy it.

Lastly, I adore all animals, but I think my favourite has to be dogs 🐾🐶💕. I think I might even love them more than people 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤭🤭🤭

I’m really happy in life. Why go to expense and extreme when the wondrous things are right under your nose🐾🌳🍄🌹🌞🌟🌈❄️🦋🐝🐣 🐶? My epitaph would have to read “enjoy the simple things in life” , as those are what give me the greatest pleasure.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi, My names Bev, and I switched to Pure Planet 💡at the start of this year. I love the whole cutting edge✂️ feel it gives, it has a great ethos, and the friendliness of the community 🤝is like no other provider out there.

I am very independent and just adore doing my own thing. Follow the Red Arrows ✈️and attend one or two, sometimes three or four, aviation shows through the year where possible.

Name:  E075FC38-2093-4229-A27A-4C6E25C59D80.jpeg
Views: 3228
Size:  67.3 KB

Always been a keen follower of professional tennis 🎾since an early age, and been to Wimbledon six times. Fantastic experience. Rafa Nadel accidentally bumped into me at Wimbledon, whilst walking to the practice courts 🙀Hit my shoulder with his bag and bent over backwards to apologise💕!

Name:  4E201856-C8BE-43DD-A0D1-59493FD84E44.jpeg
Views: 3243
Size:  97.4 KB

I have Type One 💉diabetes, so try my best to keep healthy, with lots of vegetarian cooking, and healthy eating. I do have a massive addiction to crisps tho! Everything in moderation and all that! Diagnosed in 1987 aged 17, it’s been a massive part of my life, and despite excellent control, if I had just one wish in my life, it’d be to be free of the condition. Definitely.

I have worked in the NHS for most of my working life, and thoroughly enjoy it.

Lastly, I adore all animals, but I think my favourite has to be dogs 🐾🐶💕. I think I might even love them more than people 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤭🤭🤭

I’m really happy in life. Why go to expense and extreme when the wondrous things are right under your nose🐾🌳🍄🌹🌞🌟🌈❄️🦋🐝🐣 🐶? My epitaph would have to read “enjoy the simple things in life” , as those are what give me the greatest pleasure.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Hi, My names Bev, and I switched to Pure Planet at the start of this year. I love the whole cutting edge✂️ feel it gives, it has a great ethos, and the friendliness of the community is like no other provider out there.

I’m really happy in life. Why go to expense and extreme when the wondrous things are right under your nose? My epitaph would have to read “enjoy the simple things in life” , as those are what give me the greatest pleasure.
    Welcome @Bev
    Fantastic post

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Hi, My names Bev, and I switched to Pure Planet at the start of this year. I love the whole cutting edge✂️ feel it gives, it has a great ethos, and the friendliness of the community is like no other provider out there.

I’m really happy in life. Why go to expense and extreme when the wondrous things are right under your nose? My epitaph would have to read “enjoy the simple things in life” , as those are what give me the greatest pleasure.
    Welcome @Bev
    Fantastic post

• Just joined

Hello, just switched to pp after getting fed up with my previous supplier. Am really enjoying the personal touch that pp offers and hoping that when I come to review the value in a years time that I have no reason to go anywhere else.
    Matt
    Last edited by Mattwalker; 08-12-18 at 23:42. Reason: Misspelt my name
  • Hello, just switched to pp after getting fed up with my previous supplier. Am really enjoying the personal touch that pp offers and hoping that when I come to review the value in a years time that I have no reason to go anywhere else.
    Matt
  • Warmest of welcomes Matt 👍, thanks for posting. It’s a lovely personal feel indeed isn’t it 👍👏, and hope you’ll find the community a place to frequently visit and post 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Warmest of welcomes Matt 👍, thanks for posting. It’s a lovely personal feel indeed isn’t it 👍👏, and hope you’ll find the community a place to frequently visit and post 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi

Just switched to Pureplanet, the whole set up has a really good vibe,I’m used to waiting on the phone for what seems days trying to get an answer to a question with my previous supplier so pp is a breath of fresh air. Do you supply to businesses?
  • Hi

Just switched to Pureplanet, the whole set up has a really good vibe,I’m used to waiting on the phone for what seems days trying to get an answer to a question with my previous supplier so pp is a breath of fresh air. Do you supply to businesses?
  • Welcome to Pure Planet @Wondersock
    Nice one for saying hi
    We're not quite reading to supply businesses. But we've got big plans!!

• Welcome to Pure Planet @Wondersock
    Nice one for saying hi
    We're not quite reading to supply businesses. But we've got big plans!!

• Hi, just submitted my first meter readings and got the message, lower than expected. That's good news for me, had a new boiler fitted 4th October, hopefully the better efficiency claimed by British Gas pays off!
  • Hi, just submitted my first meter readings and got the message, lower than expected. That's good news for me, had a new boiler fitted 4th October, hopefully the better efficiency claimed by British Gas pays off!
  • Hey. Been here for quite some time, but I thought It'd say hello to all. My name is Gabriel (AKA Gabolino) and Im a Spaniard-Brit living in London. I joined PP because I they offer offering different, refreshing, human and they are good for the environment
  • Hey. Been here for quite some time, but I thought It'd say hello to all. My name is Gabriel (AKA Gabolino) and Im a Spaniard-Brit living in London. I joined PP because I they offer offering different, refreshing, human and they are good for the environment
  • Hi my name is Sue, I joined because I care for our planet and love the idea of not using fossil fuels. I’ve tried to get my family and friends to switch but having difficulty getting them to switch because there are a lot of reviews saying PP increases the cost once registered. My answer was, if they do, then it’s easy to switch. Can you clarify why there are the negative reviews

Sue
  • Hi my name is Sue, I joined because I care for our planet and love the idea of not using fossil fuels. I’ve tried to get my family and friends to switch but having difficulty getting them to switch because there are a lot of reviews saying PP increases the cost once registered. My answer was, if they do, then it’s easy to switch. Can you clarify why there are the negative reviews

Sue
  • Hi sue.
    Yes sue there are a few negative comments in the community, but this only encourages PP to improve the app and service. All other suppliers have a huge amount of complaints but they simply bury that information and dont admit to the issues.
    Their is only one price for energy from PP, no teaser rates to lure you in, we all pay the same. When prices rise some people will complain they have been robbed somehow but if prices fall late next year as some markets are forecasting i bet they dont post they have struck it big.
    Just compare your bill to your friends i bet yours is cheaper.
  • Hi sue.
    Yes sue there are a few negative comments in the community, but this only encourages PP to improve the app and service. All other suppliers have a huge amount of complaints but they simply bury that information and dont admit to the issues.
    Their is only one price for energy from PP, no teaser rates to lure you in, we all pay the same. When prices rise some people will complain they have been robbed somehow but if prices fall late next year as some markets are forecasting i bet they dont post they have struck it big.
    Just compare your bill to your friends i bet yours is cheaper.
  • Thanks for getting back to me and I totally agree, people moan about everything.
  • Thanks for getting back to me and I totally agree, people moan about everything.
  • Hi Sue
    Interesting to read your post - I agree with Jon1, there are thousands of HAPPY Pure Planet customers who don’t post their thoughts because other things get in the way.
    Wholesale Energy prices have risen 25% this year - Pure Planet gave ample notice the increase was coming.
    For me, PP are still the best deal ( I ran a comparison recently on Money Saving Expert which confirmed this) and are environmentally friendlier that most other suppliers.
    Keep spreading the word Sue.
    Regards 👍😄
    Last edited by David j; 26-12-18 at 18:17.
  • Hi Sue
    Interesting to read your post - I agree with Jon1, there are thousands of HAPPY Pure Planet customers who don’t post their thoughts because other things get in the way.
    Wholesale Energy prices have risen 25% this year - Pure Planet gave ample notice the increase was coming.
    For me, PP are still the best deal ( I ran a comparison recently on Money Saving Expert which confirmed this) and are environmentally friendlier that most other suppliers.
    Keep spreading the word Sue.
    Regards 👍😄
  • A very warm welcome, Sue 👍, and old favourite Gabolino 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • A very warm welcome, Sue 👍, and old favourite Gabolino 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Welcome Sue. Often times people only post when they have problems or have something negative to say. Prices have gone up a couple of times within the past 6 months, but this is because the price or energy is going up - it's a sad fact.

Im sure there are cheaper options out there, but PP is not just price competitive, they are also a really cool company that wants to improve things for its members.

Also, my DD hasnt really changed since I joined, price has gone up but DD has stayed the same within the past two years.
  • Welcome Sue. Often times people only post when they have problems or have something negative to say. Prices have gone up a couple of times within the past 6 months, but this is because the price or energy is going up - it's a sad fact.

Im sure there are cheaper options out there, but PP is not just price competitive, they are also a really cool company that wants to improve things for its members.

Also, my DD hasnt really changed since I joined, price has gone up but DD has stayed the same within the past two years.
  • Hi all Alex here
    I switched in November from NPower, my energy supplier for about 30 years!
    Likely I will expand on my experience later in another post.

Absolutely no problem with switching into the PP app and disengaging with NP.
    NP sent me a letter about leaving and indicated lower fuel rates for 2019, still not competitive with PP.
    I was surprised by the PP base membership price increase as I would have thought that the membership growth would have offset any cost rise but I am more than happy with the switch, still looks like the best provider of fuel for cost and clean generation, both reasons close to my heart.
    I work in the electrical supply industry and am amazed at how the industry is changing and appreciated what PP have done with a simple (!) consumer model.
    I intend to keep up with the community all interesting stuff
    Thanks
    Alex
  • Hi all Alex here

NP sent me a letter about leaving and indicated lower fuel rates for 2019, still not competitive with PP.
    I was surprised by the PP base membership price increase as I would have thought that the membership growth would have offset any cost rise but I am more than happy with the switch, still looks like the best provider of fuel for cost and clean generation, both reasons close to my heart.
    I work in the electrical supply industry and am amazed at how the industry is changing and appreciated what PP have done with a simple (!) consumer model.
    Thanks
    Alex
  • Quote Originally Posted by Alex w View Post
    Hi all Alex here

Thanks
    Alex
    Welcome! @Alex w
    Nice one for posting.
    Looking forward to seeing you in the community! I know the other Members will be friendly and help out if you need anything.

• Quote Originally Posted by Alex w View Post
    Hi all Alex here

Thanks
    Alex
    Welcome! @Alex w
    Nice one for posting.
    Looking forward to seeing you in the community! I know the other Members will be friendly and help out if you need anything.

• Very warm welcome, Alex🙋*♀️, hope you’ll enjoy the community here 👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Very warm welcome, Alex🙋*♀️, hope you’ll enjoy the community here 👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • hi soo
    Welcome.
    I can answer the question about the negative reviews about price rises, it's probably because people are used to taking fixed price deals, but PP's one tariff is variable. Legally they only have to give 2 weeks notice of a price rise, but there were months of warnings and more than a months notice for the last price rise.
    Unfortunately some customers don't read what they are signing up for then like to moan when there is a price rise (despite the fact that most other companies had already raised their prices before PP did)
    PP as far as I'm concerned is a breath of fresh air (if you'll pardon the pun).
    (Hmm that's a good tag line- Pure Planet - A breath of fresh air in the energy market)
    PP do increase prices but only when necessary and the decision is not taken lightly. Furthermore there is no penalty to leave so the people who claim to be unhappy aren't tied in if they don't like the price rise.
    There are negative reviews - in fairness to some there is work in progress with communications, wattbot needs another brain transplant, and they don't get everything right, but when they get it wrong they do try to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soo View Post
    Hi my name is Sue, I joined because I care for our planet and love the idea of not using fossil fuels. I’ve tried to get my family and friends to switch but having difficulty getting them to switch because there are a lot of reviews saying PP increases the cost once registered. My answer was, if they do, then it’s easy to switch. Can you clarify why there are the negative reviews

Sue
  • hi soo
    Welcome.
    I can answer the question about the negative reviews about price rises, it's probably because people are used to taking fixed price deals, but PP's one tariff is variable. Legally they only have to give 2 weeks notice of a price rise, but there were months of warnings and more than a months notice for the last price rise.
    Unfortunately some customers don't read what they are signing up for then like to moan when there is a price rise (despite the fact that most other companies had already raised their prices before PP did)
    PP as far as I'm concerned is a breath of fresh air (if you'll pardon the pun).
    (Hmm that's a good tag line- Pure Planet - A breath of fresh air in the energy market)
    PP do increase prices but only when necessary and the decision is not taken lightly. Furthermore there is no penalty to leave so the people who claim to be unhappy aren't tied in if they don't like the price rise.
    There are negative reviews - in fairness to some there is work in progress with communications, wattbot needs another brain transplant, and they don't get everything right, but when they get it wrong they do try to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soo View Post
    Hi my name is Sue, I joined because I care for our planet and love the idea of not using fossil fuels. I’ve tried to get my family and friends to switch but having difficulty getting them to switch because there are a lot of reviews saying PP increases the cost once registered. My answer was, if they do, then it’s easy to switch. Can you clarify why there are the negative reviews

Sue
  • hi Alex, welcome
    There was no increase in the membership cost, in fact the last change to it was a reduction.
    Energy prices only were increased in line with wholesale energy costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex w View Post
    Hi all Alex here

Thanks
    Alex
  • hi Alex, welcome
    There was no increase in the membership cost, in fact the last change to it was a reduction.
    Energy prices only were increased in line with wholesale energy costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex w View Post
    Hi all Alex here

Thanks
    Alex