• I hopef
  • I hopef
  • Hello everyone, I'm Dorothy and I have to apologise for not introducing myself earlier, but I am not a frequent internet user and tend to leave that to the family.
    I picked Pure Planet as our supplier due to our agreement with the usage of renewable energy and, as others have said too, I want to help save the planet.

It is now getting close to the end of our first year, and since we started using Pure Planet we have completely updated our technology needed to be a member of the power grid. Would anyone else have experience of installing a new boiler and solar panels, and have advice as to how to go about resetting and updating their place on the power grid?
  • Hello everyone, I'm Dorothy and I have to apologise for not introducing myself earlier, but I am not a frequent internet user and tend to leave that to the family.
    I picked Pure Planet as our supplier due to our agreement with the usage of renewable energy and, as others have said too, I want to help save the planet.

It is now getting close to the end of our first year, and since we started using Pure Planet we have completely updated our technology needed to be a member of the power grid. Would anyone else have experience of installing a new boiler and solar panels, and have advice as to how to go about resetting and updating their place on the power grid?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm Dorothy and I have to apologise for not introducing myself earlier, but I am not a frequent internet user and tend to leave that to the family.

Hi Dorothy
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! It's lovely to hear from you.
    Having said that, it's not easy to understand your question! If you have had a new boiler and solar panels fitted that should mean you use less energy, and so you will pay less. Pure Planet review your account every six months and if your usage has gone down they will suggest a reduction in your direct debit payment.
    But I'm afraid I can't understand what you mean by resetting and updating your place on the power grid.
    Perhaps another fellow customer will have a better idea. If not, and you are still concerned, please post back here with some more information and we'll see what we can do
    Regards
    Stephen
    Hello everyone, I'm Dorothy and I have to apologise for not introducing myself earlier, but I am not a frequent internet user and tend to leave that to the family.

Hi Dorothy
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! It's lovely to hear from you.
    Having said that, it's not easy to understand your question! If you have had a new boiler and solar panels fitted that should mean you use less energy, and so you will pay less. Pure Planet review your account every six months and if your usage has gone down they will suggest a reduction in your direct debit payment.
    But I'm afraid I can't understand what you mean by resetting and updating your place on the power grid.
    Perhaps another fellow customer will have a better idea. If not, and you are still concerned, please post back here with some more information and we'll see what we can do
    Regards
    Stephen
  • hi Dorothy, glad to see you're following the yellow brick road..

Welcome to PP.

​Like Stephen I'm not sure what your question means.
    Any chance you could explain further? Are you talking about exporting your energy, to the grid, or feed-in-tariffs or SEG (smart energy guarantee) payments? (All of this should have been considered before the installation.)

Whilst I appreciate that you aren't a heavy internet user and may find navigating a little daunting may I point you at a link which might help? There is a forum you can join HERE but feel free to ask away in the community, I'm not a solar user but there are others who may be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post

• hi Dorothy, glad to see you're following the yellow brick road..

Welcome to PP.

​Like Stephen I'm not sure what your question means.
    Any chance you could explain further? Are you talking about exporting your energy, to the grid, or feed-in-tariffs or SEG (smart energy guarantee) payments? (All of this should have been considered before the installation.)

Whilst I appreciate that you aren't a heavy internet user and may find navigating a little daunting may I point you at a link which might help? There is a forum you can join HERE but feel free to ask away in the community, I'm not a solar user but there are others who may be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post

Great post @Dorothy
    Welcome to the community!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

Great post @Dorothy
    Welcome to the community!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hello everyone, my name is Sophie, together my my husband I am on a zero waste journey. I hope to get lots of info and tips on how to improve living sustainably and reducing my impact on our beautiful planet! Happy weekend everyone!
  • Hello everyone, my name is Sophie, together my my husband I am on a zero waste journey. I hope to get lots of info and tips on how to improve living sustainably and reducing my impact on our beautiful planet! Happy weekend everyone!
  • A very warm welcome to you, Sophie! Love your user name ⭐️👍👏. Great you’ve joined PP 👍. Hope you’ll enjoy finding your way around this fun and informative forum, and meeting all us community members 👍👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • A very warm welcome to you, Sophie! Love your user name ⭐️👍👏. Great you’ve joined PP 👍. Hope you’ll enjoy finding your way around this fun and informative forum, and meeting all us community members 👍👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • Big WELCOME Sophie Star, I love your “Mission Statement “ 👍😄👍😄
  • Big WELCOME Sophie Star, I love your “Mission Statement “ 👍😄👍😄
  • Welcome Sophie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Star View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Sophie, together my my husband I am on a zero waste journey. I hope to get lots of info and tips on how to improve living sustainably and reducing my impact on our beautiful planet! Happy weekend everyone!
  • Welcome Sophie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Star View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Sophie, together my my husband I am on a zero waste journey. I hope to get lots of info and tips on how to improve living sustainably and reducing my impact on our beautiful planet! Happy weekend everyone!
  • Hi, my name is David and I started the switch over to Pure Planet yesterday, coming from OVO.

Pure Planet’s offer is very different to what I am used to so I did spend a long time thinking about the lack of a call centre and the different ways you need to interact with the company and if that could be a potential issue to me. In the end I decided not. Reading posts in the Community really helped me decide.

This is my first post here and pretty much my first post anywhere. I must say everyone posting seems genuinely friendly, helpful and supportive and I am looking forward to spending time here as the need arises.

The sign up process was really simple and quick and the switch in 17 days is quicker than anyone else seems to offer. A real plus point was that as part of the sign up I was able to register for the Priority Services Register. I really wish I didn’t need to do that but a recent serious downturn in my health means I must.

I was particularly pleased to see that it seems to suggest that the installation of Smart Meters for me can be prioritised. I have resisted them up to now but now I think their installation would be a real positive help. Do I need to do anything to move an installation along? I really would like this to happen sooner rather than later but acknowledge that I really should let the switch happen successfully first.

So not wishing to waffle on any more I’ll leave it there for now.

Cheers from not so sunny (today) South Devon.

• Hi, my name is David and I started the switch over to Pure Planet yesterday, coming from OVO.

Pure Planet’s offer is very different to what I am used to so I did spend a long time thinking about the lack of a call centre and the different ways you need to interact with the company and if that could be a potential issue to me. In the end I decided not. Reading posts in the Community really helped me decide.

This is my first post here and pretty much my first post anywhere. I must say everyone posting seems genuinely friendly, helpful and supportive and I am looking forward to spending time here as the need arises.

The sign up process was really simple and quick and the switch in 17 days is quicker than anyone else seems to offer. A real plus point was that as part of the sign up I was able to register for the Priority Services Register. I really wish I didn’t need to do that but a recent serious downturn in my health means I must.

I was particularly pleased to see that it seems to suggest that the installation of Smart Meters for me can be prioritised. I have resisted them up to now but now I think their installation would be a real positive help. Do I need to do anything to move an installation along? I really would like this to happen sooner rather than later but acknowledge that I really should let the switch happen successfully first.

• Hi David!

what a lovely, positive first post! 👍👏👏👏👏 I am sure you’ll be very happy with PP, and hopefully enjoy spending many a day exploring the community forum and us members 👍👏

South Devon eh? Know Paignton very well, my late nan, late grandad auntie and uncle all lived there thru the 80s until 2016, so we had many a lovely holiday there 👍

A very warm welcome to you, David 🙃

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi David!

what a lovely, positive first post! 👍👏👏👏👏 I am sure you’ll be very happy with PP, and hopefully enjoy spending many a day exploring the community forum and us members 👍👏

South Devon eh? Know Paignton very well, my late nan, late grandad auntie and uncle all lived there thru the 80s until 2016, so we had many a lovely holiday there 👍

A very warm welcome to you, David 🙃

WALT WHITMAN
  • hi David
    Welcome and a great first post.
    I really wouldn't worry too much at the moment about prioritising your Smart Meter.
    Once you're up and running you can register your interest HERE and a message to the team might speed things along.
    As long as your annual estimate is reflective of what you use (more or less) I'm sure you'll be OK for a while anyway (not sure how easy it is for you to read the meter).
    ​Cheers from even less sunny and cold and wet far north of Devon (jealous)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC View Post
    Hi, my name is David and I started the switch over to Pure Planet yesterday, coming from OVO.

• hi David
    Welcome and a great first post.
    I really wouldn't worry too much at the moment about prioritising your Smart Meter.
    Once you're up and running you can register your interest HERE and a message to the team might speed things along.
    As long as your annual estimate is reflective of what you use (more or less) I'm sure you'll be OK for a while anyway (not sure how easy it is for you to read the meter).
    ​Cheers from even less sunny and cold and wet far north of Devon (jealous)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC View Post
    Hi, my name is David and I started the switch over to Pure Planet yesterday, coming from OVO.

• Hi all nice to be switching to cheaper bills and green energy, it's saving me around £45 a month in summer months and £20 in winter months, that's a brilliant saving for me! Just started switching and the app is saying 17 days till the switch, can I still use the refer friend link even though the switch isnt fully done yet, will it still work if I refer a friend?
  • Hi all nice to be switching to cheaper bills and green energy, it's saving me around £45 a month in summer months and £20 in winter months, that's a brilliant saving for me! Just started switching and the app is saying 17 days till the switch, can I still use the refer friend link even though the switch isnt fully done yet, will it still work if I refer a friend?
  • Hey @stevostud007

Welcome to the Community! Great intro post

Glad to hear we'll be helping you save money!
    Yep - you can start using your referral code to refer friends before your switch is complete.

Just worth noting that the vouchers are emailed once both parties are on supply and have made their first payment
    We have an FAQ all about referring friends which you may be interested in
  • Hey @stevostud007

Welcome to the Community! Great intro post

Glad to hear we'll be helping you save money!
    Yep - you can start using your referral code to refer friends before your switch is complete.

Just worth noting that the vouchers are emailed once both parties are on supply and have made their first payment
    We have an FAQ all about referring friends which you may be interested in
  • A very warm welcome to you, Stevo! Hope you’ll enjoy your time here, finding your way around the community with us fellow members, and superb to hear you’re making such a saving 👏👏👏👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • A very warm welcome to you, Stevo! Hope you’ll enjoy your time here, finding your way around the community with us fellow members, and superb to hear you’re making such a saving 👏👏👏👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi, I'm Leanne, I love cats too and I am just in the process of switching
  • Hi, I'm Leanne, I love cats too and I am just in the process of switching
  • Hi Leanne
    ha! you're in good company here if you like cats! Welcome to the community.
    Have a look here
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...et-pets-photos
    Quote Originally Posted by leanneeast80 View Post
    Hi, I'm Leanne, I love cats too and I am just in the process of switching
  • Hi Leanne
    ha! you're in good company here if you like cats! Welcome to the community.
    Have a look here
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...et-pets-photos
    Quote Originally Posted by leanneeast80 View Post
    Hi, I'm Leanne, I love cats too and I am just in the process of switching
  • Hi Leanne 👍

Plenty of animal lovers here 🐾💕👍

Hope you’ll enjoy your time here in the community.

Very warm welcome to you

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi Leanne 👍

Plenty of animal lovers here 🐾💕👍

Hope you’ll enjoy your time here in the community.

Very warm welcome to you

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi, just switched today - glad to be able to join you
  • Hi, just switched today - glad to be able to join you
  • Welcome and the community is glad to have you! I like your user name.
    There are lots of interesting threads if you feel like having an explore.
    Any questions just post. someone will be along to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Organic Ness View Post
    Hi, just switched today - glad to be able to join you
  • Welcome and the community is glad to have you! I like your user name.
    There are lots of interesting threads if you feel like having an explore.
    Any questions just post. someone will be along to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Organic Ness View Post
    Hi, just switched today - glad to be able to join you