• Hi all,
    I am Vanitarium aka Fred and I live in Falkland,Fife ,Scotland.
    I like computers and have built one with Linux,Mac OS and windows...
    I am a retired engineer and metallurgist.
    My village is one of the most beautiful places in Scotland!
    I hope to use renewable energy and save money and a bit of our planet.
  • Hi all,
  • Hi Vanitarium,

You've got some great interests and look forward to your posts.

I feel I've missed out.....in the past spent many 1 week breaks leaving London to tour the highlands.
    Usually around March experiencing all seasonal weathers and sometimes on the same day.
  • Hi Vanitarium,

You've got some great interests and look forward to your posts.

I feel I've missed out.....in the past spent many 1 week breaks leaving London to tour the highlands.
    Usually around March experiencing all seasonal weathers and sometimes on the same day.
  • Hey welcome to the community Vani! 👍. Interesting post, what’s a metallurgist? Please excuse my ignorance. Hope you’ll love spending time here with us fellow members of PP 👍👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hey welcome to the community Vani! 👍. Interesting post, what’s a metallurgist? Please excuse my ignorance. Hope you’ll love spending time here with us fellow members of PP 👍👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • welcome and happy interstitialling...(is that a word?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanitarium View Post
    Hi all,
  • welcome and happy interstitialling...(is that a word?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanitarium View Post
    Hi all,
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Welcome Ben, I didn't know they allowed Mancunians into Bath...
    (I'm allowed to say that...)
    Ha ha, only if we promise not to mention anything to do with football

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David j View Post
    Hi and Welcome ManchesterBen,
    Great post Ben, enthusiastic and positive (and a Bath ‘culture vulture ‘ also) , look forward to your input .
    Regards Dai
    Thanks for the welcome, Dai!
    Welcome Ben, I didn't know they allowed Mancunians into Bath...
    (I'm allowed to say that...)
    Ha ha, only if we promise not to mention anything to do with football

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David j View Post
    Hi and Welcome ManchesterBen,
    Great post Ben, enthusiastic and positive (and a Bath ‘culture vulture ‘ also) , look forward to your input .
    Regards Dai
    Thanks for the welcome, Dai!
  • Whilst acknowledging the concepts of any business hoping to make a profit, that says a lot about the key intentions of the major energy suppliers in the uk.
  • Whilst acknowledging the concepts of any business hoping to make a profit, that says a lot about the key intentions of the major energy suppliers in the uk.
  • Hi.
    I'm Mark (my mother didn't like the 'c' version, sorry about that.)

Unlike the other Marc, you aren't going to get a photo of my ugly mug.

Instead, I will shortly add some photos of my cats.
  • Hi.

• Hello Mark,

Welcome to the community.....you will get lots of support, feedback and assistance from many customer members like ourselves.

I noticed your first post and guess that you have already had a gander through the FaQ's in regard the current Meter programme etc.

Sorry i'm being too formal and look forward to seeing your posts and photographs.

Happy Easter
    Last edited by Strutt G; 21-04-19 at 21:17.
  • Hello Mark,

Welcome to the community.....you will get lots of support, feedback and assistance from many customer members like ourselves.

I noticed your first post and guess that you have already had a gander through the FaQ's in regard the current Meter programme etc.

Sorry i'm being too formal and look forward to seeing your posts and photographs.

Happy Easter
  • Welcome Mark - and cats too are always welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    Hi.

• Welcome Mark - and cats too are always welcome!
    Hi.

• Cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hello Mark, Welcome to the community.....you will get lots of support, feedback and assistance from many customer members like ourselves. I noticed your first post and guess that you have already had a gander through the FaQ's in regard the current Meter programme etc. Sorry i'm being too formal and look forward to seeing your posts and photographs. Happy Easter
    Hi Strutt G.

Actually, to be honest, I haven't had much of a gander through the FAQ's yet. I messaged 'Belle' via Facebook before I signed up. Belle sent me this link, but the thread was closed.
    (Is it me, or does the 'link' not show up as being a parsed link?)

So I did some searching, and found the other thread discussing Smart Meters.

I thought I had better not mention my current supplier, just in case.

Happy Easter to you. I don't mind 'formal'.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Welcome Mark - and cats too are always welcome!
    Hi woz.

Apologies for the slow upload of cat photos, for some reason I cannot get the uploader to allow me to add more than one from my phone.
    This makes me feel particularly idiotic, as although my 'day job' is caring for my wife, I used to be an Admin on a vB board.

​Anyway, we have three cats: We have Bluebell, and Gemini, they are brother and sister, and will be 2 years old tomorrow This is Bluebell.
    Name:  IMG_20190421_223049[2].jpg
Views: 87
Size:  2.65 MB
    This is his sister Gemini.
    Name:  IMG_20190412_090936[1].jpg
Views: 90
Size:  4.64 MB

This is Aristotle, we call him 'Arry, as the local kids could not say 'Aristotle. He is approximately 18 years old, we don't know for sure, as we took him in when his second 'servant' was moving home.
    His favourite 'spot' is in front of my computer monitor, which is part of my I rarely use my PC now.
    Name:  IMG_20190302_173410[1].jpg
Views: 91
Size:  2.27 MB

It's odd, our last 4 cats have been a combination of Black and White, yet we never actually picked any of them like that. The first one, who was White and Black, was one of a pair of cats Kate's parent took in, and she 'claimed' Kate as her own.

Aristotle we gained from someone nearby when they were moving to Pembrokeshire.

Bluebell and Gemini were two of a litter of six my friend's cat had.
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 21-04-19 at 23:46. Reason: Give me a chance, this place doesn't appear to run DragonByte.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hello Mark, Welcome to the community.....you will get lots of support, feedback and assistance from many customer members like ourselves. I noticed your first post and guess that you have already had a gander through the FaQ's in regard the current Meter programme etc. Sorry i'm being too formal and look forward to seeing your posts and photographs. Happy Easter
    Hi Strutt G.

Actually, to be honest, I haven't had much of a gander through the FAQ's yet. I messaged 'Belle' via Facebook before I signed up. Belle sent me this link, but the thread was closed.
    (Is it me, or does the 'link' not show up as being a parsed link?)

So I did some searching, and found the other thread discussing Smart Meters.

I thought I had better not mention my current supplier, just in case.

Happy Easter to you. I don't mind 'formal'.

Welcome Mark - and cats too are always welcome!
    Hi woz.

Apologies for the slow upload of cat photos, for some reason I cannot get the uploader to allow me to add more than one from my phone.
    This makes me feel particularly idiotic, as although my 'day job' is caring for my wife, I used to be an Admin on a vB board.

​Anyway, we have three cats: We have Bluebell, and Gemini, they are brother and sister, and will be 2 years old tomorrow This is Bluebell.
    Name:  IMG_20190421_223049[2].jpg
Views: 87
Size:  2.65 MB
    This is his sister Gemini.
    Name:  IMG_20190412_090936[1].jpg
Views: 90
Size:  4.64 MB

This is Aristotle, we call him 'Arry, as the local kids could not say 'Aristotle. He is approximately 18 years old, we don't know for sure, as we took him in when his second 'servant' was moving home.
    His favourite 'spot' is in front of my computer monitor, which is part of my I rarely use my PC now.
    Name:  IMG_20190302_173410[1].jpg
Views: 91
Size:  2.27 MB

It's odd, our last 4 cats have been a combination of Black and White, yet we never actually picked any of them like that. The first one, who was White and Black, was one of a pair of cats Kate's parent took in, and she 'claimed' Kate as her own.

Aristotle we gained from someone nearby when they were moving to Pembrokeshire.

Bluebell and Gemini were two of a litter of six my friend's cat had.
  • hi Mark
    I don't think it's possible to add more than one photo at a time, or at least I haven't been able to.
    It's never been a problem although it's a worthwhile suggestion for @Marc to put on the to-do list.

Is the sister cat longer haired than her sibling or is it the photo that makes it seem that way?

By the way there is a section in the community for pet photos, not that it matters, cats are welcome anywhere as far as I'm concerned...

Black and white cats are cheaper to watch, you don't have to get a colour licence...
  • hi Mark
    I don't think it's possible to add more than one photo at a time, or at least I haven't been able to.
    It's never been a problem although it's a worthwhile suggestion for @Marc to put on the to-do list.

Is the sister cat longer haired than her sibling or is it the photo that makes it seem that way?

By the way there is a section in the community for pet photos, not that it matters, cats are welcome anywhere as far as I'm concerned...

Black and white cats are cheaper to watch, you don't have to get a colour licence...
    hi Mark
    I managed to upload 3, individually, using my PC, but on my phone it gave the impression that each new upload was replacing the last one?

Gemini has much longer hair than Bluebell, which means she tends to bring in all sorts of rubbish in her fur, on the bright side, she is much better behaved than her brother.

Oh dear, noob mistake, I saw Marc's intro post and thought they were an expected part of the 'Hello!' - I'll wait and see if Marc tells me off, and moves the photos.

Bluebell isn't unfortunately, watching often seems to involve him attacking our furniture, despite the number of cat scratching posts, and the trees outside - I mean seriously, there's a tree barely 10 feet from the front door, and a field full of them outside the bedroom.
    hi Mark
    I managed to upload 3, individually, using my PC, but on my phone it gave the impression that each new upload was replacing the last one?

Gemini has much longer hair than Bluebell, which means she tends to bring in all sorts of rubbish in her fur, on the bright side, she is much better behaved than her brother.

Oh dear, noob mistake, I saw Marc's intro post and thought they were an expected part of the 'Hello!' - I'll wait and see if Marc tells me off, and moves the photos.

Bluebell isn't unfortunately, watching often seems to involve him attacking our furniture, despite the number of cat scratching posts, and the trees outside - I mean seriously, there's a tree barely 10 feet from the front door, and a field full of them outside the bedroom.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    I rarely post photos from phone, usually on laptop I'll try it...

(it matters not...)

​What fun is it using a scratching post when you have furniture and carpets to ruin?
    Last edited by woz; 22-04-19 at 00:33.
    I rarely post photos from phone, usually on laptop I'll try it...

(it matters not...)

​What fun is it using a scratching post when you have furniture and carpets to ruin?
  • hi Mark
    I just tried 2 photos from phone- each has to be uploaded one at a time i.e chose file, then upload - but it worked ok.
    (I have deleted)
    (Multiple quotes is a lot of hard work, I had to format it manually....)
    Last edited by woz; 22-04-19 at 00:45. Reason: multiple quotes did me 'ed in...arghhhhh
  • hi Mark
    I just tried 2 photos from phone- each has to be uploaded one at a time i.e chose file, then upload - but it worked ok.
    (I have deleted)
    (Multiple quotes is a lot of hard work, I had to format it manually....)
  • Very warm welcome Mark! Yes, photos always welcome here, your cats are gorgeous! 🐱🐾💕. Hope you’ll love the PP community as much as we all do!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Very warm welcome Mark! Yes, photos always welcome here, your cats are gorgeous! 🐱🐾💕. Hope you’ll love the PP community as much as we all do!

WALT WHITMAN
    Welcome to the community @Gwyndy
    We can't have too many cat photos here IMHO.
    Wonderful pics you've posted!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

Welcome to the community @Gwyndy
    We can't have too many cat photos here IMHO.
    Wonderful pics you've posted!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Waiting those last few minutes for the app to finally stop saying 1 day left - - - Updated - - -
    Waiting those past few minutes for the app to finally stop saying 1 day left
    Oh, it doesn't Name:  Screenshot_20190426-000011.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  1.08 MB - - - Updated - - - And now it does, yay. Name:  Screenshot_20190426-001502.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  1.08 MB

I took a photo of the meter reading, just in case there are issues, but my old supplier issues what it calls a 'non-statemented invoice' today, so hopefully all is well.

It's years since I changed supplier, last time I just sent a meter reading on the day.
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 26-04-19 at 00:22.
  • Waiting those last few minutes for the app to finally stop saying 1 day left - - - Updated - - -
    Waiting those past few minutes for the app to finally stop saying 1 day left
    Oh, it doesn't Name:  Screenshot_20190426-000011.jpg
Size:  1.08 MB - - - Updated - - - And now it does, yay. Name:  Screenshot_20190426-001502.jpg

I took a photo of the meter reading, just in case there are issues, but my old supplier issues what it calls a 'non-statemented invoice' today, so hopefully all is well.

It's years since I changed supplier, last time I just sent a meter reading on the day.
    Waiting those last few minutes for the app to finally stop saying 1 day left - - - Updated - - - Oh, it doesn't Name:  Screenshot_20190426-000011.jpg

Made it! Welcome!!

Stephen
    Waiting those last few minutes for the app to finally stop saying 1 day left - - - Updated - - - Oh, it doesn't Name:  Screenshot_20190426-000011.jpg

Made it! Welcome!!

Stephen
  • Lift off!
  • Lift off!
  • Hi Mark, welcome (again)

1 Days?
    Disgraceful.
    new software writers needed
    When days =1 days=day....
  • Hi Mark, welcome (again)

1 Days?
    Disgraceful.