• Pure Planet Community photo challenge October 2019 - Autumn scenes

Hey everyone,

October's Community photo challenge is here!

Nice one @UncleScooby for last month's beautiful 'EV charging point' photo, French style

October is here, the weather's getting colder and the leaves are turning orange...

So we thought, what better theme than Autumn scenes?

That can be anything that makes you think of Autumn, whether that's conkers on the ground or even your favourite scarf

Name:  leaves.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  183.9 KB

What is the photo challenge?
    Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.

The winner is the pic with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can pick the next month's theme

Don't worry if you're not sure how to upload a photo to a Community thread - we have a how-to guide here

Good luck!
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey everyone,

October's Community photo challenge is here!

Nice one @UncleScooby for last month's beautiful 'EV charging point' photo, French style

October is here, the weather's getting colder and the leaves are turning orange...

So we thought, what better theme than Autumn scenes?

That can be anything that makes you think of Autumn, whether that's conkers on the ground or even your favourite scarf

Name:  leaves.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  183.9 KB

What is the photo challenge?
    Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.

The winner is the pic with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can pick the next month's theme

Don't worry if you're not sure how to upload a photo to a Community thread - we have a how-to guide here

Good luck!
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Today is National Poetry Day, so I thought I'd share something submitted to a flash poem competition for last year's National Poetry Day. The photo was the poem's inspiration. More of my poesy at inspiredverse.wordpress.com

From my window, dazzling autumn colours
    yet faraway
    Within reach, window garden with fragrant mint, caressed
    a luscious harvest awaited
    ​

Name:  DSCF4523.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  4.74 MB
  • Today is National Poetry Day, so I thought I'd share something submitted to a flash poem competition for last year's National Poetry Day. The photo was the poem's inspiration. More of my poesy at inspiredverse.wordpress.com

From my window, dazzling autumn colours
    yet faraway
    Within reach, window garden with fragrant mint, caressed
    a luscious harvest awaited
    ​

Name:  DSCF4523.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  4.74 MB
  • Beautiful words @schase

And really nice photo too! Love the yellow colours
  • Beautiful words @schase

And really nice photo too! Love the yellow colours
  • 7am commute to Luton - my daughter on her way to work. Let the train take the strain πŸ‘Name:  254BCD74-0DCF-440F-8932-21080F804493.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  154.3 KB
  • 7am commute to Luton - my daughter on her way to work. Let the train take the strain πŸ‘Name:  254BCD74-0DCF-440F-8932-21080F804493.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  154.3 KB
  • That is gorgeous, Dai πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • That is gorgeous, Dai πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • How's this for an Autumn scene? A snake crossing my path on a Sunday stroll

Name:  IMG_2466.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  3.73 MB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • How's this for an Autumn scene? A snake crossing my path on a Sunday stroll

Name:  IMG_2466.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  3.73 MB

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • And now for something a little more scenic. And less, er, snakey.

Dorset beach scene

Name:  DSCF9451.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  3.24 MB

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • And now for something a little more scenic. And less, er, snakey.

Dorset beach scene

Name:  DSCF9451.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  3.24 MB

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Fab photos Marc! That 🐍soooooooo glistens! Love a B and W too πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Always astounds me why there’s never a sepia setting tho πŸ€”πŸ€¨

WALT WHITMAN
  • Fab photos Marc! That 🐍soooooooo glistens! Love a B and W too πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Always astounds me why there’s never a sepia setting tho πŸ€”πŸ€¨

WALT WHITMAN
  • Very professional Marc πŸ“ΈπŸ“Έ
  • Very professional Marc πŸ“ΈπŸ“Έ
  • Hoping to get some autumnal outdoor shots before the months out, but this was just a little practice indoors on my new phone. Needless to say, the five times zoom came in VERY handy as no way would I get THAT close πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Always means autumn has arrived when these eight legged thingys come looking for mates and food!

Name:  0A0BA42D-C887-4171-BBE6-D63A600F2D29.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  1.27 MB

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hoping to get some autumnal outdoor shots before the months out, but this was just a little practice indoors on my new phone. Needless to say, the five times zoom came in VERY handy as no way would I get THAT close πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Always means autumn has arrived when these eight legged thingys come looking for mates and food!

Name:  0A0BA42D-C887-4171-BBE6-D63A600F2D29.jpeg
Views: 80

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Hoping to get some autumnal outdoor shots before the months out, but this was just a little practice indoors on my new phone. Needless to say, the five times zoom came in VERY handy as no way would I get THAT close πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    FIVE times zoom?! now that's impressive!

Great to see the new camera in action
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Hoping to get some autumnal outdoor shots before the months out, but this was just a little practice indoors on my new phone. Needless to say, the five times zoom came in VERY handy as no way would I get THAT close πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    FIVE times zoom?! now that's impressive!

Great to see the new camera in action
  • Leaves starting to change colour, taken on a walk this weekend

Name:  autumn trees.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  2.18 MB
  • Leaves starting to change colour, taken on a walk this weekend

Name:  autumn trees.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  2.18 MB
  • The fantastic redness of autumn.Name:  20191027_082220.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  6.47 MBName:  20191027_082220.jpg
Size:  6.47 MB​​​​
  • The fantastic redness of autumn.Name:  20191027_082220.jpg
Size:  6.47 MBName:  20191027_082220.jpg
Size:  6.47 MB​​​​
  • Beautiful colours @Jon1!

Do you know what kind of tree that is? It's gorgeous😊

Final week to snap some Autumnal pics folks! πŸ“·
  • Beautiful colours @Jon1!

• Taken on the walk into workπŸ™‚

Name:  orange leaves.jpg
Views: 43
  • Taken on the walk into workπŸ™‚

• Looks like a Japanese Maple, (Acer Palmatum) to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Beautiful colours @Jon1!

• Looks like a Japanese Maple, (Acer Palmatum) to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Beautiful colours @Jon1!

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Taken on the walk into workπŸ™‚

STUNNING Nataly πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Taken on the walk into workπŸ™‚

STUNNING Nataly πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Not your typical Autumn scene

A wee peek at a sukkah, erected for eight days every autumn during the Jewish festival of Sukkot (Booths). One aspect of this religious festival is the autumn harvest, thus the sukkah is decorated with greenery, fruits and vegetables (in this case, some of which are paper, e.g. the origami flower used here as a framing device).

Name:  IMG_E8725.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  1.99 MB
  • Not your typical Autumn scene

A wee peek at a sukkah, erected for eight days every autumn during the Jewish festival of Sukkot (Booths). One aspect of this religious festival is the autumn harvest, thus the sukkah is decorated with greenery, fruits and vegetables (in this case, some of which are paper, e.g. the origami flower used here as a framing device).

Name:  IMG_E8725.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  1.99 MB
  • @Nataly
    ​​​​​​​You'll be giving marc a run on this one, perfect framing and lovely misty pastel overtones...smashing photo
  • @Nataly
    ​​​​​​​You'll be giving marc a run on this one, perfect framing and lovely misty pastel overtones...smashing photo
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    @Nataly
    Hahaha you're lucky he's away on holiday this week! πŸ˜›

​​​​​​​Thanks!
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    @Nataly
    Hahaha you're lucky he's away on holiday this week! πŸ˜›

​​​​​​​Thanks!