• problems when switching.

Anyone else had problems when switching. I have given the company my reading but they still send an estimated bill.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Anyone else had problems when switching. I have given the company my reading but they still send an estimated bill.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Michael,

As you have mentioned "switching"......I am assuming that the "estimate" is on your first/opening statement.

If this is a correct assumption.......then my thoughts are that the readings that you submitted to PP were not fully agreed with by your old suppliers opinion on your "cloisng" readings. When this happens Ofgem (who actually decide on the switching readings) will provide an "estimated" reading to both old and new suppliers to ensure that your readings are used by both suppliers. This "estimate" is used by your old supplier to produce your "final" bill. This reading is also then used by your new supplier as your " opening" reading. This is done by Ofgem to ensure that you ( the customer) can never pay twice for any energy used.

Please try to submit future readings as near to the date shown on the "reading reminder" email sent out monthly by PP. If you submit before this date, then PP will have to "estimate" your usage from the submission date to the account billing date .

​Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkeane4 View Post
    Anyone else had problems when switching. I have given the company my reading but they still send an estimated bill.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Michael,

As you have mentioned "switching"......I am assuming that the "estimate" is on your first/opening statement.

If this is a correct assumption.......then my thoughts are that the readings that you submitted to PP were not fully agreed with by your old suppliers opinion on your "cloisng" readings. When this happens Ofgem (who actually decide on the switching readings) will provide an "estimated" reading to both old and new suppliers to ensure that your readings are used by both suppliers. This "estimate" is used by your old supplier to produce your "final" bill. This reading is also then used by your new supplier as your " opening" reading. This is done by Ofgem to ensure that you ( the customer) can never pay twice for any energy used.

Please try to submit future readings as near to the date shown on the "reading reminder" email sent out monthly by PP. If you submit before this date, then PP will have to "estimate" your usage from the submission date to the account billing date .

​Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkeane4 View Post
    Gray4276

• Hi Michael
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

Is it your first statement that has an estimated reading? You get a statement every month on the same date that you joined, and it always works on an estimated reading for that date - unless you send your reading in on that specific date. It's nothing to worry about.

I haven't explained that very well, but does it make sense and does it answer your question?
    Stephen
  • Hi Michael
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

Is it your first statement that has an estimated reading? You get a statement every month on the same date that you joined, and it always works on an estimated reading for that date - unless you send your reading in on that specific date. It's nothing to worry about.

I haven't explained that very well, but does it make sense and does it answer your question?
    Stephen