• First payment and billing

Is it right that my first direct debit is taken from my bank the same week of my switch Also my switch date is before i should finish with my previous supplier. Can I amend my direct debit payments if overpaying
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Is it right that my first direct debit is taken from my bank the same week of my switch Also my switch date is before i should finish with my previous supplier. Can I amend my direct debit payments if overpaying
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @Boiled ham - great username!

Yep - your first Direct Debit is collected on the day we start supplying your energy.

You can start a switch up to 49 days from the end of your current contract, and no exit fees will apply. This is an OFGEM regulation, so it's worth checking with your current supplier whether you'll have to pay any exit fees.

If over a few months you notice you're building a large credit, you can get in touch with our Member Services team and they'll review your Direct Debits and refund any extra credit

There's loads more info in our FAQs which may also help!
  • Hi @Boiled ham - great username!

Yep - your first Direct Debit is collected on the day we start supplying your energy.

You can start a switch up to 49 days from the end of your current contract, and no exit fees will apply. This is an OFGEM regulation, so it's worth checking with your current supplier whether you'll have to pay any exit fees.

If over a few months you notice you're building a large credit, you can get in touch with our Member Services team and they'll review your Direct Debits and refund any extra credit

There's loads more info in our FAQs which may also help!

• I have just switched to pure planet using the cheap energy club website which quoted £78 per month, which was one of the major reasons i decided to switch but now on the app its saying my bill will be £93 and due on the 13th of this month but when i was registering i chose to be billed on the 28th of each month? Can someone explain the reason for this, I'm confused and frankly feel very misled.
  • I have just switched to pure planet using the cheap energy club website which quoted £78 per month, which was one of the major reasons i decided to switch but now on the app its saying my bill will be £93 and due on the 13th of this month but when i was registering i chose to be billed on the 28th of each month? Can someone explain the reason for this, I'm confused and frankly feel very misled.

• hi Grace
    you haven’t been misled but you may not have realised that PP charge less in the warmer months and more in the colder months.
    your annual would be £78 x 12 if you paid in 12 equal payments but with Pp you pay 6 x £93 ish starting in October and it will drop to about £63 in April- the annual total will be the same. You can’t choose 12 equal payments everyone pays 60% of annual in winter and 40% in summer. Unfortunately you started with the first higher payment.
    Regarding the pay date you pay the first payment the day you switch in, no matter what date you choose, That is 17 days after you start your switch.You can’t change the date of the first payment I’m not sure about subsequent payments I assume if you’ve chosen 28th that will be your usual payment date after the first but you can change payment date online after the first can someone else confirm that subsequent payments will be taken on chosen date?.
    If you’re in the 14 day cooling off period you can cancel and reapply 17 days before 28th.
    No intention to mislead by anyone, all the information is in the welcome pack.
    Post back if any more questions, and welcome to the community!
  • hi Grace
    you haven’t been misled but you may not have realised that PP charge less in the warmer months and more in the colder months.
    your annual would be £78 x 12 if you paid in 12 equal payments but with Pp you pay 6 x £93 ish starting in October and it will drop to about £63 in April- the annual total will be the same. You can’t choose 12 equal payments everyone pays 60% of annual in winter and 40% in summer. Unfortunately you started with the first higher payment.
    Regarding the pay date you pay the first payment the day you switch in, no matter what date you choose, That is 17 days after you start your switch.You can’t change the date of the first payment I’m not sure about subsequent payments I assume if you’ve chosen 28th that will be your usual payment date after the first but you can change payment date online after the first can someone else confirm that subsequent payments will be taken on chosen date?.
    If you’re in the 14 day cooling off period you can cancel and reapply 17 days before 28th.
    No intention to mislead by anyone, all the information is in the welcome pack.
    Post back if any more questions, and welcome to the community!

• I would like my direct debit to be taken from my account on the first of each month

- - - Updated - - -

I would like my direct debit to be taken from my account on the first of each month

- - - Updated - - -

I would like my direct debit to be taken from my account on the first of each months
    ​ Will this happen
  • I would like my direct debit to be taken from my account on the first of each month

- - - Updated - - -

I would like my direct debit to be taken from my account on the first of each month

- - - Updated - - -

I would like my direct debit to be taken from my account on the first of each months
    ​ Will this happen

• hi Henindgeo27
    Go to menu (3 lines top rhs) in app or online, Balance and Payments, you can change the date there.
  • hi Henindgeo27
    Go to menu (3 lines top rhs) in app or online, Balance and Payments, you can change the date there.

• pure planet took money from my account at very short notice and gave me some financial headaches
  • pure planet took money from my account at very short notice and gave me some financial headaches

• Quote Originally Posted by unhappy customer View Post
    pure planet took money from my account at very short notice and gave me some financial headaches
    Hi unhappy customer,

Can you expand on your comment please, that's not enough information to warrant a response.
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by unhappy customer View Post
    pure planet took money from my account at very short notice and gave me some financial headaches
    Hi unhappy customer,

Can you expand on your comment please, that's not enough information to warrant a response.
    Gray4276

• Sorry to hear about your headache.
    Name:  fpainrelief.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  7.7 KB
    Could you look at the emails you received about the direct debit when the emails were dated, when it would be taken and for how much, then tell us when it was taken and for how much?

Also, can you give us some background, did you switch in from another provider or did you move into a property which was already supplied by PP?

Quote Originally Posted by unhappy customer View Post
  • Sorry to hear about your headache.
    Name:  fpainrelief.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  7.7 KB
    Could you look at the emails you received about the direct debit when the emails were dated, when it would be taken and for how much, then tell us when it was taken and for how much?

Also, can you give us some background, did you switch in from another provider or did you move into a property which was already supplied by PP?

Quote Originally Posted by unhappy customer View Post