• Reminder: Going into cooler months means Direct Debits will be higher

Hey everyone,

A reminder that from next month your Direct Debits will be higher, as we move into the cooler months.

To account for different usage patterns throughout the year, we take a little less in the warmer months (April - September), and a little more in the cooler months (October - March).

The split between your cooler and warmer month payments is outlined in your Welcome Pack, emailed when you start your switch to Pure Planet.

You can also view your monthly Direct Debit payment amounts in your account by tapping ‘Balance & payments’, as well as viewing your current account balance.

As we don’t have fixed term contracts or exit fees, averaging payments over 12 months could cause Members to build up high credits or debits, depending on when they switch to Pure Planet.

Think you’ve been paying too much or too little? Check out our FAQ on how your Direct Debit payments are reviewed to ensure you stay on track.

Any questions? Ask below

Name:  tree-1959267_1920.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  763.1 KB
    Last edited by Nataly; 24-09-19 at 09:08.
    • The first snow of winter arrives! ⛄ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations​​​​​​​
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?🤔​​​​​​​ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey everyone,

A reminder that from next month your Direct Debits will be higher, as we move into the cooler months.

To account for different usage patterns throughout the year, we take a little less in the warmer months (April - September), and a little more in the cooler months (October - March).

The split between your cooler and warmer month payments is outlined in your Welcome Pack, emailed when you start your switch to Pure Planet.

You can also view your monthly Direct Debit payment amounts in your account by tapping ‘Balance & payments’, as well as viewing your current account balance.

As we don’t have fixed term contracts or exit fees, averaging payments over 12 months could cause Members to build up high credits or debits, depending on when they switch to Pure Planet.

Think you’ve been paying too much or too little? Check out our FAQ on how your Direct Debit payments are reviewed to ensure you stay on track.

Any questions? Ask below

Name:  tree-1959267_1920.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  763.1 KB
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​
  • Hey @Nataly,

I hope that you "guys" are ready for the influx of "complaints" that ......
    ​"PP have increased my DD payment without asking"
    Obviously not from the people who actually understand the way that the system works........but from the hundreds/thousands of customers who are apparently unaware of what they have signed up for.

I have slowed down my level of responses to the Community Forum, as it is beginning to drain my resolve, and my faith in my fellow man/woman (delete as appropriate).
    Gray4276
  • Hey @Nataly,

Obviously not from the people who actually understand the way that the system works........but from the hundreds/thousands of customers who are apparently unaware of what they have signed up for.

I have slowed down my level of responses to the Community Forum, as it is beginning to drain my resolve, and my faith in my fellow man/woman (delete as appropriate).
    Gray4276
  • @Nataly
    I think you should lose the word slightly for two reasons:

Perceptions of "slightly" may differ, for example £80 vs £120 (most people wouldn't call that slight. I don't need an explanation that there is only £20 difference in each compared to 12 equal payments, but there will be others on here that don't see it that way.
    also...
    It makes it sound like you're deliberately trivialising it (although I understand why you've written it that way)..

I know people already have notice of the change (if they've bothered to read their quotes), but writing it in the community or the app may not be perceived as notice, however an email is less arguable (is that a word)

just my thoughts
    P.S.
    Love the photo...
    Last edited by woz; 23-09-19 at 19:25.
  • @Nataly
    I think you should lose the word slightly for two reasons:

Perceptions of "slightly" may differ, for example £80 vs £120 (most people wouldn't call that slight. I don't need an explanation that there is only £20 difference in each compared to 12 equal payments, but there will be others on here that don't see it that way.
    also...
    It makes it sound like you're deliberately trivialising it (although I understand why you've written it that way)..

I know people already have notice of the change (if they've bothered to read their quotes), but writing it in the community or the app may not be perceived as notice, however an email is less arguable (is that a word)

just my thoughts
    P.S.
    Love the photo...
  • oh ye of little faith...<

Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey @Nataly,

• oh ye of little faith...<

Hey @Nataly,

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hi Woz,

Was that meant to be a "link" or just a comment?? I'm a bit dim sometimes and miss the point (I have been known to overthink things at times)
    Anyway..... I was only stating how I feel about some of the posts..... my problem and not really an issue.
    Gray4276
    Hi Woz,

Was that meant to be a "link" or just a comment?? I'm a bit dim sometimes and miss the point (I have been known to overthink things at times)
    Anyway..... I was only stating how I feel about some of the posts..... my problem and not really an issue.
    Gray4276
  • hi gray
    it was meant to be an ironic link...and not too serious...
    Hi Woz,

• hi gray
    Hi Woz,

hi gray
    No problem Woz,

Maybe my skin is a little bit "thin" at the moment.....
    Gray4276
    hi gray
    No problem Woz,

Maybe my skin is a little bit "thin" at the moment.....
    Gray4276
  • I'm inspired
    It's the new UK political policies motto..a bit like John Lewis "Never knowingly overthought"
  • I'm inspired
    It's the new UK political policies motto..a bit like John Lewis "Never knowingly overthought"
    @Nataly
    I think you should lose the word slightly
    Good suggestion - done!
    @Nataly
    I think you should lose the word slightly
    Good suggestion - done!
  • I'm with you @Gray4276, I find the repetitive questions about the same subjects a bit tiresome but I do have admiration for our members who take so much time each day to answer the questions and offer such great advice.
  • I'm with you @Gray4276, I find the repetitive questions about the same subjects a bit tiresome but I do have admiration for our members who take so much time each day to answer the questions and offer such great advice.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    I'm with you @Gray4276, I find the repetitive questions about the same subjects a bit tiresome but I do have admiration for our members who take so much time each day to answer the questions and offer such great advice.
    Cheers m8,
    It's more the ones that slag off PP when in reality they don't understand what they have signed up for. No understanding and not bothering to look through the very comprehensive array of information available on the App/Website. I find it disheartening if I'm honest.
    To quote the "Fast Show"...
    I'll get me coat!!
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    I'm with you @Gray4276, I find the repetitive questions about the same subjects a bit tiresome but I do have admiration for our members who take so much time each day to answer the questions and offer such great advice.
    Cheers m8,
    It's more the ones that slag off PP when in reality they don't understand what they have signed up for. No understanding and not bothering to look through the very comprehensive array of information available on the App/Website. I find it disheartening if I'm honest.
    To quote the "Fast Show"...
    I'll get me coat!!
    Gray4276
  • Totally agree @Gray4276
  • Totally agree @Gray4276
  • Mine is 60 quid. Doesn't help with all the "estimated" months despite giving meter readings and each time being told it was lower than expected. Changed today back to ebico
  • Mine is 60 quid. Doesn't help with all the "estimated" months despite giving meter readings and each time being told it was lower than expected. Changed today back to ebico
  • Your what is £60?
    Have you compared PP annual quote vs. ebico?
    Some of the answers on here frighten me...
    Quote Originally Posted by djblez View Post
    Mine is 60 quid. Doesn't help with all the "estimated" months despite giving meter readings and each time being told it was lower than expected. Changed today back to ebico
  • Your what is £60?
    Have you compared PP annual quote vs. ebico?
    Some of the answers on here frighten me...
    Mine is 60 quid. Doesn't help with all the "estimated" months despite giving meter readings and each time being told it was lower than expected. Changed today back to ebico
  • Hi djblez,

To quote @woz " oh ye of little faith" .......(quote was originally directed at me......but that's a different story)

It appears that you are disappointed that PP has raised your DD payment by £60 quid.........You should have been totally aware that this was about to happen, as these details were what you agreed to during your switching process.

PP split your projected annual usage figures......supplied by you to PP.
    This annual figure is split 40 % for the warmer months (Apr - Sep) and 60 % for the cooler months (Oct - Mar)
    These DD figures were available in your "Welcome Pack" email sent by PP as your switch was being implemented.
    The DD payment details are also easily/openly available within your App.......which you can log into at any time 24/7. So you have should have realised that your DD payment was going to increase for the "cooler months".

With regard to your statements having "estimated" readings......this is due to the necessity for PP to estimate your readings because your meter readings have been submitted before the billing account date......which is on the "monthly anniversary" of your supply connection.
    If (for example) you came on supply on the 12th of the month.......and you supply your meter readings on the 10th of the month.....then PP will need to estimate your usage between the 10th and the 12th of the month.
    Also when PP indicate that "your readings are lower than expected" ......it's their way of reminding you to "check your readings" before you commit to submitting them.......they're trying to help you......

It is obvious to me from the details of your 2 posts to the Community Forum that you have switched to PP without understanding how the PP buisniess model operates.......and because of this you have decided that PP is not the supplier for you, and have decided to switch again to another supplier.....

I do not work for nor represent PP.......I am just a PP customer.......the above post is purely my own personal opinion.

Good luck to you with your new supplier......I genuinely hope that all goes well with ebico.

Gray4276
  • Hi djblez,

To quote @woz " oh ye of little faith" .......(quote was originally directed at me......but that's a different story)

It appears that you are disappointed that PP has raised your DD payment by £60 quid.........You should have been totally aware that this was about to happen, as these details were what you agreed to during your switching process.

This annual figure is split 40 % for the warmer months (Apr - Sep) and 60 % for the cooler months (Oct - Mar)
    These DD figures were available in your "Welcome Pack" email sent by PP as your switch was being implemented.
    The DD payment details are also easily/openly available within your App.......which you can log into at any time 24/7. So you have should have realised that your DD payment was going to increase for the "cooler months".

With regard to your statements having "estimated" readings......this is due to the necessity for PP to estimate your readings because your meter readings have been submitted before the billing account date......which is on the "monthly anniversary" of your supply connection.
    If (for example) you came on supply on the 12th of the month.......and you supply your meter readings on the 10th of the month.....then PP will need to estimate your usage between the 10th and the 12th of the month.
    Also when PP indicate that "your readings are lower than expected" ......it's their way of reminding you to "check your readings" before you commit to submitting them.......they're trying to help you......

It is obvious to me from the details of your 2 posts to the Community Forum that you have switched to PP without understanding how the PP buisniess model operates.......and because of this you have decided that PP is not the supplier for you, and have decided to switch again to another supplier.....

I do not work for nor represent PP.......I am just a PP customer.......the above post is purely my own personal opinion.

Good luck to you with your new supplier......I genuinely hope that all goes well with ebico.

Gray4276
  • Hey
    let's not dance around this, we both know that because djblez has absolutely no understanding of how PP operates and can see the direct debit as the only metric when all it is is a payment towards energy that's used, that he or she has taken a decision which I'm almost certain will cost him/her significantly more.
    Some people won't be helped.
    To quote you back (in a paraphrased way) no point in flogging a dead parrot.
    Move along...nothing to see here...

Hi djblez,

• Hey
    let's not dance around this, we both know that because djblez has absolutely no understanding of how PP operates and can see the direct debit as the only metric when all it is is a payment towards energy that's used, that he or she has taken a decision which I'm almost certain will cost him/her significantly more.

Hi djblez,

• Hi Woz,

I feel llike you've just told me off.......and you're probably correct to do so........I deserve it. I should be more tolerant......It's just that sometimes, I cannot resist the urge to "say it as I see it"😬

Woz.......do your parrots ride horses ??? 🤔

"This is not a crime zone" 😱

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hey
    Gray4276
  • Hi Woz,

I feel llike you've just told me off.......and you're probably correct to do so........I deserve it. I should be more tolerant......It's just that sometimes, I cannot resist the urge to "say it as I see it"😬

Woz.......do your parrots ride horses ??? 🤔

"This is not a crime zone" 😱

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hey
    Gray4276
  • Nope not telling you off at all!
    it's a Donkey (the Parrot is on)
  • Nope not telling you off at all!
    Nope not telling you off at all!
    And we all know that donkeys can be harder to lead towards the water 💦
    Gray4276
    Nope not telling you off at all!
    And we all know that donkeys can be harder to lead towards the water 💦
    Gray4276
  • Hi guys. When will the 6 month review of DD happen? Is it the same time for everyone? I appreciate and understand the summer vs winter DD changes but mine has increased by 50% despite being in credit on my account (to the tune of 3.5 winter months payment or 5.5 summer months)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
  • Hi guys. When will the 6 month review of DD happen? Is it the same time for everyone? I appreciate and understand the summer vs winter DD changes but mine has increased by 50% despite being in credit on my account (to the tune of 3.5 winter months payment or 5.5 summer months)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks