• My smart meter

Good morning one and all. I have had my 2nd generation Electricity and gas smart meter fitted, but I am still being asked to send meter readings - is this correct procedure after several months? I recently sustained a fall and cannot climb back under a dark cupboard without struggling? Is there something wrong with my meter? The eye level base unit appears to be working, so why the confusion? Any illumination or suggestions greatly appreciated.
    ​Mark J
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Good morning one and all. I have had my 2nd generation Electricity and gas smart meter fitted, but I am still being asked to send meter readings - is this correct procedure after several months? I recently sustained a fall and cannot climb back under a dark cupboard without struggling? Is there something wrong with my meter? The eye level base unit appears to be working, so why the confusion? Any illumination or suggestions greatly appreciated.
    ​Mark J
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Mark J
    this is correct. You still have to submit readings for a while until everything is sorted out behind the scenes.
  • Hi Mark J
    this is correct. You still have to submit readings for a while until everything is sorted out behind the scenes.

• Hi Mark J
    I'm afraid this seems to be a nationwide problem, and PP are asking fir readings until they are sorted.
    If your IHD is working, you can take readings from that, although they don't recommend it. I know that when my IHD was working the readings on that and on the meter were identical.
  • Hi Mark J
    I'm afraid this seems to be a nationwide problem, and PP are asking fir readings until they are sorted.
    If your IHD is working, you can take readings from that, although they don't recommend it. I know that when my IHD was working the readings on that and on the meter were identical.