Poll: Who are you supporting in the 2019 Rugby World Cup?

• Rugby World Cup 2019

The 2019 Rugby World Cup starts tomorrow (woohoo!) - who'll be tuning in to this year's tournament?

Japan is this year's World Cup host, meaning many games will be shown at around 9.15 am on the weekends... still worth getting up and watching?

โ€‹(great excuse for a lovely rugby brunch I'd say )

Name:  thomas-serer-QUr0R1VZPNw-unsplash.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  9.36 MB
  • The 2019 Rugby World Cup starts tomorrow (woohoo!) - who'll be tuning in to this year's tournament?

Japan is this year's World Cup host, meaning many games will be shown at around 9.15 am on the weekends... still worth getting up and watching?

โ€‹(great excuse for a lovely rugby brunch I'd say )

Name:  thomas-serer-QUr0R1VZPNw-unsplash.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  9.36 MB
  • To be honest im not into rugby that much, but the world cup is an important stepping stone towards next years paralympics in tokyo. So im supporting japan in preperation for the trip over.
  • To be honest im not into rugby that much, but the world cup is an important stepping stone towards next years paralympics in tokyo. So im supporting japan in preperation for the trip over.
  • Already tuned in - looking forward to Ireland V Scotland on Sunday, England V Tonga - WALES V Georgia on Monday ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰
  • Already tuned in - looking forward to Ireland V Scotland on Sunday, England V Tonga - WALES V Georgia on Monday ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰
  • All Blacks had a slow start against South Africa but came back to win a tough encounter. Early days, however, I feel a northern hemisphere team will lift the trophy( ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓  ณ๓ ฟ Possibly) ๐Ÿ˜„
  • All Blacks had a slow start against South Africa but came back to win a tough encounter. Early days, however, I feel a northern hemisphere team will lift the trophy( ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓  ณ๓ ฟ Possibly) ๐Ÿ˜„
  • I voetd England for no other reason than I want them to! I'm not a massive Rugby fan but do enjoy watching the World cup. Haven't managed to see any games yet though - looks like I'll miss England tomorrow too
  • I voetd England for no other reason than I want them to! I'm not a massive Rugby fan but do enjoy watching the World cup. Haven't managed to see any games yet though - looks like I'll miss England tomorrow too
  • Good win for Ireland although Scotland didnโ€™t really get going. England will be happy with their win and happy to get the first game out of the way - England will get much better as the tournament progresses. Wales playing tomorrow - Georgia will be a strong, stubborn threat and Wales will need to start the game with a bang (not their strong point though).
    Amazing support from the Japanese locals - 15000 turned up to watch Wales train a few days ago - they also sang the Welsh National Anthem ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Good win for Ireland although Scotland didnโ€™t really get going. England will be happy with their win and happy to get the first game out of the way - England will get much better as the tournament progresses. Wales playing tomorrow - Georgia will be a strong, stubborn threat and Wales will need to start the game with a bang (not their strong point though).
    Amazing support from the Japanese locals - 15000 turned up to watch Wales train a few days ago - they also sang the Welsh National Anthem ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Wales beat Georgia 43 - 14, however the score flatters Wales a little. Wales excellent first 30 mins followed by a strong Georgia comeback. Not bad result for their opening match. ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰
  • Wales beat Georgia 43 - 14, however the score flatters Wales a little. Wales excellent first 30 mins followed by a strong Georgia comeback. Not bad result for their opening match. ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰
  • Think the main thing for the England game was coming out with no major injuries - especially against Tonga, with an average of over 19 stone per man or something crazy along those lines!!

Good result for Wales, too

Plenty of issues for the teams to wrinkle out... looks like we're going to be in for an interesting World Cup!

Have to agree with @David j - I somehow don't get the feeling a Southern hemisphere team will win this one.
  • Think the main thing for the England game was coming out with no major injuries - especially against Tonga, with an average of over 19 stone per man or something crazy along those lines!!

Good result for Wales, too

Plenty of issues for the teams to wrinkle out... looks like we're going to be in for an interesting World Cup!

Have to agree with @David j - I somehow don't get the feeling a Southern hemisphere team will win this one.
  • There are only two sporting events I follow with any interest. The Rugby World Cup and the Rugby Six Nations Championship. Having watched Scotland's performance last week I think I should perhaps change my viewing preferences to something else. For a national team their performance was embarrassing.
  • There are only two sporting events I follow with any interest. The Rugby World Cup and the Rugby Six Nations Championship. Having watched Scotland's performance last week I think I should perhaps change my viewing preferences to something else. For a national team their performance was embarrassing.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    There are only two sporting events I follow with any interest. The Rugby World Cup and the Rugby Six Nations Championship. Having watched Scotland's performance last week I think I should perhaps change my viewing preferences to something else. For a national team their performance was embarrassing.
    Hi Oakbank, I was also surprised & disappointed by Scotlandโ€™s performance as they have the potential to progress in this tournament. However, their performance against Ireland was dismal and very disjointed so I support your frustration. On the plus side, you have Gregor Townsend in charge and, speaking as a Welsh man, I really really rate him as a person & a rugby coach. So, as they say, things can only improve so no need to hit the whiskey just yet.

Regards,
    Dai ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
  • Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    There are only two sporting events I follow with any interest. The Rugby World Cup and the Rugby Six Nations Championship. Having watched Scotland's performance last week I think I should perhaps change my viewing preferences to something else. For a national team their performance was embarrassing.
    Hi Oakbank, I was also surprised & disappointed by Scotlandโ€™s performance as they have the potential to progress in this tournament. However, their performance against Ireland was dismal and very disjointed so I support your frustration. On the plus side, you have Gregor Townsend in charge and, speaking as a Welsh man, I really really rate him as a person & a rugby coach. So, as they say, things can only improve so no need to hit the whiskey just yet.

Regards,
    Dai ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
  • Well, first red card of the tournament in the Eng vs USA game today!

Pretty clear no-arms challenge on Farrell, don't think it's too controversial of a decision?

The little 'brawl' afterward though...
  • Well, first red card of the tournament in the Eng vs USA game today!

Pretty clear no-arms challenge on Farrell, don't think it's too controversial of a decision?

The little 'brawl' afterward though...
  • Hi Nataly, yes, a clear clear RED! This is the sort of tackle that the rugby administrators are trying to eradicate. How Farrell didnโ€™t incur a broken jaw amazes me. However, England are building nicely and Eddie is cracking jokes - looking positive ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
  • Hi Nataly, yes, a clear clear RED! This is the sort of tackle that the rugby administrators are trying to eradicate. How Farrell didnโ€™t incur a broken jaw amazes me. However, England are building nicely and Eddie is cracking jokes - looking positive ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
  • Enjoyed Japanโ€™s dogged persistence and comeback against Ireland today! A well deserved win for the hosts...
  • Enjoyed Japanโ€™s dogged persistence and comeback against Ireland today! A well deserved win for the hosts...
  • What a wonderful win for Japan, they controlled the tempo for large parts of the game. Ball retention and game discipline were outstanding. I think Ireland will still top group A in the end - interesting times for Scotland ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • What a wonderful win for Japan, they controlled the tempo for large parts of the game. Ball retention and game discipline were outstanding. I think Ireland will still top group A in the end - interesting times for Scotland ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • BIG game tomorrow Wales v Australia ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰
  • BIG game tomorrow Wales v Australia ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰
  • BIG Win for Wales in an exciting contest 29 - 25. Thrilling match all round, neutrals would have been enthralled with the pace, tempo and ferocity of the match, nail biting for Welsh & Aussies though. So, if results go according to plan, England might be facing Australia in the quarters - Nataly will enjoy that contest, I think. ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓  ณ๓ ฟ
  • BIG Win for Wales in an exciting contest 29 - 25. Thrilling match all round, neutrals would have been enthralled with the pace, tempo and ferocity of the match, nail biting for Welsh & Aussies though. So, if results go according to plan, England might be facing Australia in the quarters - Nataly will enjoy that contest, I think. ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓  ณ๓ ฟ
  • Love your enthusiasm our Dai ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. I donโ€™t know a stitch about ๐Ÿ‰but still enjoy reading this thread ๐Ÿ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Love your enthusiasm our Dai ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. I donโ€™t know a stitch about ๐Ÿ‰but still enjoy reading this thread ๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi Bev, I love most sporting competitions but rugby is my passion. I donโ€™t do the usual โ€œtribalโ€™ thing and become obsessed about beating England (or the other home nations) - I applaud the best team on the day - I just hope itโ€™s Wales! Also, some of the current World Cup Wales squad are local lads or sons of my old rugby chums (makes it more interesting). Rugby is not everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but it can be very exciting but it can look chaotic if you donโ€™t know the complex rules.
    So Bev, keep your fingers crossed for England (I am assuming your English) to do well in the World Cup- it will distract us from the current political mayhem.

Take care Bev,
    โ€‹Dai ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓  ง๓ ฟ
  • Hi Bev, I love most sporting competitions but rugby is my passion. I donโ€™t do the usual โ€œtribalโ€™ thing and become obsessed about beating England (or the other home nations) - I applaud the best team on the day - I just hope itโ€™s Wales! Also, some of the current World Cup Wales squad are local lads or sons of my old rugby chums (makes it more interesting). Rugby is not everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but it can be very exciting but it can look chaotic if you donโ€™t know the complex rules.
    So Bev, keep your fingers crossed for England (I am assuming your English) to do well in the World Cup- it will distract us from the current political mayhem.

Take care Bev,
    โ€‹Dai ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓  ง๓ ฟ
  • I am English indeedy Dai, and Iโ€™ll do that ๐Ÿคž. Soooo spot on re political mayhem ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ‘Ž, this is a pleasant distraction for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • I am English indeedy Dai, and Iโ€™ll do that ๐Ÿคž. Soooo spot on re political mayhem ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ‘Ž, this is a pleasant distraction for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi Oakbank, you must be feeling a lot happier with Scotlandโ€™s excellent win over Samoa - bonus point secured also.
    โ€‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Hi Oakbank, you must be feeling a lot happier with Scotlandโ€™s excellent win over Samoa - bonus point secured also.
    โ€‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘