• Inc direct debited

I have re mail concerning increasing my direct debit by approx £45 in Oct. My understanding is that this has to be agreed by both parties.

I do not think that this is fair assessment,if my end of year bill is a negative then I will pay the lump deficit.

This is mail is to give notice for it to remain at current payment.

​regards linda
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have re mail concerning increasing my direct debit by approx £45 in Oct. My understanding is that this has to be agreed by both parties.

I do not think that this is fair assessment,if my end of year bill is a negative then I will pay the lump deficit.

​regards linda
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Chestnut15
    Welcome to the community.
    Your direct debit payment will only increase if you are using more energy than was estimated when you joined.
    You can reply to the email and voice your concerns.
    Have a look at the following link for more information
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...ghlight=Review

This is a public forum and we do not have access to your account details
  • Hi Chestnut15
    Welcome to the community.
    Your direct debit payment will only increase if you are using more energy than was estimated when you joined.
    You can reply to the email and voice your concerns.
    Have a look at the following link for more information
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...ghlight=Review

This is a public forum and we do not have access to your account details

• Hi Linda,
    Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    I suspect that you haven't fully understood the DD payment plan utilised by PP for all it's customers.
    We all pay less in the "warmer" months (Apr - Sept) then the DD payment increases for the "cooler" months (Oct - Mar)
    The split is 40% / 60% of your anticipated annual usage. This is based on the information you have supplied to PP during your switching process.
    The only other reason that PP would increase your DD would be because your "actual" usage is significantly higher than the figures that you supplied. However in this case PP would contact you to agree with the change.
    I assume that PP has not contacted you regarding the increase, and this leads me to believe that my original supposition is correct.
    Can I advise you to check out the PP site and make use of the tons of really useful information contained within the App.
    Hope this helps.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Linda,
    Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    I suspect that you haven't fully understood the DD payment plan utilised by PP for all it's customers.
    We all pay less in the "warmer" months (Apr - Sept) then the DD payment increases for the "cooler" months (Oct - Mar)
    The split is 40% / 60% of your anticipated annual usage. This is based on the information you have supplied to PP during your switching process.
    The only other reason that PP would increase your DD would be because your "actual" usage is significantly higher than the figures that you supplied. However in this case PP would contact you to agree with the change.
    I assume that PP has not contacted you regarding the increase, and this leads me to believe that my original supposition is correct.
    Can I advise you to check out the PP site and make use of the tons of really useful information contained within the App.
    Hope this helps.
    Gray4276

• hi Chestnut
    as per gwyndy’s reply but to add as this is very much account specific you need to talk to pp through wattbot, type message the team, and to add I too think you may have misunderstood the system.When you got your original quote it will have been predicated upon 6 summer and 6 winter payments for the annual to work out assuming your usage is as predicted. Under normal circumstances your statement balance would be around an ave month payment once you’ve paid the dd. If you’re unhappy for any reason at any time you can message the team for a review or discussion, but what would normally happen if your balance is consistently reducing because your payments are not high enough is that pp would increase your payments.
    If you have built up sufficient balance it may well be reasonable to reduce your winter payments slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut15 View Post
    I have re mail concerning increasing my direct debit by approx £45 in Oct. My understanding is that this has to be agreed by both parties.

​regards linda
  • hi Chestnut
    as per gwyndy’s reply but to add as this is very much account specific you need to talk to pp through wattbot, type message the team, and to add I too think you may have misunderstood the system.When you got your original quote it will have been predicated upon 6 summer and 6 winter payments for the annual to work out assuming your usage is as predicted. Under normal circumstances your statement balance would be around an ave month payment once you’ve paid the dd. If you’re unhappy for any reason at any time you can message the team for a review or discussion, but what would normally happen if your balance is consistently reducing because your payments are not high enough is that pp would increase your payments.
    If you have built up sufficient balance it may well be reasonable to reduce your winter payments slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut15 View Post

​regards linda