• don't understand the bill

I have just received my new bill and it looks like I owe hundreds rather than the £70 or so quids I pay monthly - how the hell can this happen ?????
    not a happy customer
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have just received my new bill and it looks like I owe hundreds rather than the £70 or so quids I pay monthly - how the hell can this happen ?????
    not a happy customer
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Dinsdale

It's just possible that you have received a consolidated bill. The key question is, what is your current balance? Does that show you in debt or in credit?

Be assured you won't be asked to pay for energy you have not used.

Stephen
  • Hi Dinsdale

It's just possible that you have received a consolidated bill. The key question is, what is your current balance? Does that show you in debt or in credit?

Be assured you won't be asked to pay for energy you have not used.

Stephen

• Hey @Dinsdale, welcome to the Community!

I checked this out with our Member Services team - @stephenrand is spot on

You received what's known as an offset bill, or consolidated statement. We have an FAQ which explains this in more detail - the one you received covers May to September, and shows that you aren't hundreds in debit

If you'd like to chat about your payments with our Member Services team you can get in touch via WattBot (tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account). They'll be able to review your payments based off your usage and make sure they're covering your usage.

Hope that helps?
  • Hey @Dinsdale, welcome to the Community!

I checked this out with our Member Services team - @stephenrand is spot on

You received what's known as an offset bill, or consolidated statement. We have an FAQ which explains this in more detail - the one you received covers May to September, and shows that you aren't hundreds in debit

If you'd like to chat about your payments with our Member Services team you can get in touch via WattBot (tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account). They'll be able to review your payments based off your usage and make sure they're covering your usage.

Hope that helps?