• Company attempting to take over my supply

Hi all.

I live in Flat 1 of a building with several flats. A debt collection agency claiming to represent Shell have sent several letters to 'The Occupier' of the building saying that they are going to install a prepay meter due to an unpaid bill for Shell. The letters don't specify a flat and so have been delivered to me since the postal worker doing the delivering presumably didn't know what to do with them.

The company clearly doesn't realise that there is more than one property in this building. I am worried that they will make the same mistake as the Royal Mail and just pick on my flat to install this meter, effectively taking over and/or blocking my supply.

I've tried contacting Pure Planet's customer service and have had no reply.

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with Pure Planet and ask them to contact Shell to explain to them that Pure Planet is my supplier, not Shell?

Thank you.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all.

I live in Flat 1 of a building with several flats. A debt collection agency claiming to represent Shell have sent several letters to 'The Occupier' of the building saying that they are going to install a prepay meter due to an unpaid bill for Shell. The letters don't specify a flat and so have been delivered to me since the postal worker doing the delivering presumably didn't know what to do with them.

The company clearly doesn't realise that there is more than one property in this building. I am worried that they will make the same mistake as the Royal Mail and just pick on my flat to install this meter, effectively taking over and/or blocking my supply.

I've tried contacting Pure Planet's customer service and have had no reply.

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with Pure Planet and ask them to contact Shell to explain to them that Pure Planet is my supplier, not Shell?

Thank you.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Rmarpole
    Welcome to the community.
    As far as I can see, there are two ways you could tackle this, one is to contact PP via Wattbot, don't forget to start with message the team, replies are not instant, usually within 24 hours
    The other is to send the letter back to Shell pointing out that there are several flats in the building, and they need to be more specific in the addressee, also pointing out that your supplier is Pure Planet.
  • Hi Rmarpole
    Welcome to the community.
    As far as I can see, there are two ways you could tackle this, one is to contact PP via Wattbot, don't forget to start with message the team, replies are not instant, usually within 24 hours
    The other is to send the letter back to Shell pointing out that there are several flats in the building, and they need to be more specific in the addressee, also pointing out that your supplier is Pure Planet.