• Magnum Frustration

I'm frustrated with the lack of professionalism shown by Magnum.
    Communication has been great regarding my installation. I regularly get reminders and updates, the most recent being the night before the installation, which confirmed the time slot. However two hours into my 4 hour time slot I received an email to state that my installation had been cancelled.

The emails states that they had "tried to call a couple of times", which is factually untrue. Fortunately they did include a contact number. When I called Magnum they explained that they didn't have stock of the parts needed for my installation. Surely they would have known their stock levels the previous evening when they sent they confirmation reminder of my installation slot.

The communications also clearly highlight that I would be liable for a charge to my account if I cancel less than 24 hours before the install date, but they cancel halfway through my installation slot and only offer an apology that they didn't manage their stock levels appropriately. Since I have to take a day off work to be available for the installation I think that their offer of prioritising me when they get more stock is simply insufficient.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I'm frustrated with the lack of professionalism shown by Magnum.
    Communication has been great regarding my installation. I regularly get reminders and updates, the most recent being the night before the installation, which confirmed the time slot. However two hours into my 4 hour time slot I received an email to state that my installation had been cancelled.

The emails states that they had "tried to call a couple of times", which is factually untrue. Fortunately they did include a contact number. When I called Magnum they explained that they didn't have stock of the parts needed for my installation. Surely they would have known their stock levels the previous evening when they sent they confirmation reminder of my installation slot.

The communications also clearly highlight that I would be liable for a charge to my account if I cancel less than 24 hours before the install date, but they cancel halfway through my installation slot and only offer an apology that they didn't manage their stock levels appropriately. Since I have to take a day off work to be available for the installation I think that their offer of prioritising me when they get more stock is simply insufficient.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @EH54 @turbozmr2

Thanks for your feedback about Magnum and cancellations

We used this feedback in our services review with Magnum Utilities - in both cases there were issues with local stock reaching the technicians.

Usually if this happened on the day, they'd utilise other engineers' stock (in the local area), but in these instances this wasn't possible.

Off the back of this the stock process is being looked into for improvement, with a wider review of the stock and logistics services too, to make sure this issue is prevented in future.

In terms of rebooking the cancelled appointments - the need for improvement was absolutely recognised. They've actually since changed the system used for all appointment booking, which allows much more effective follow-ups if needed.

Going forward lots of work is being done to improve, so this doesn't happen again.

Obviously this doesn't make up for the inconvenience that was caused to you both - a £30 credit was added to your accounts

Thanks again for your feedback and contributing to the Community
  • Hey @EH54 @turbozmr2

Thanks for your feedback about Magnum and cancellations

We used this feedback in our services review with Magnum Utilities - in both cases there were issues with local stock reaching the technicians.

Usually if this happened on the day, they'd utilise other engineers' stock (in the local area), but in these instances this wasn't possible.

Off the back of this the stock process is being looked into for improvement, with a wider review of the stock and logistics services too, to make sure this issue is prevented in future.

In terms of rebooking the cancelled appointments - the need for improvement was absolutely recognised. They've actually since changed the system used for all appointment booking, which allows much more effective follow-ups if needed.

Going forward lots of work is being done to improve, so this doesn't happen again.

Obviously this doesn't make up for the inconvenience that was caused to you both - a £30 credit was added to your accounts

Thanks again for your feedback and contributing to the Community

• Hi EH45,
    Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    I totally agree with you and personally think that one of the PP Community Managers should help you with this issue.
    Hey @Marc and @Nataly can you help this Community Forum member out??
    Gray4276
  • Hi EH45,
    Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    I totally agree with you and personally think that one of the PP Community Managers should help you with this issue.
    Hey @Marc and @Nataly can you help this Community Forum member out??
    Gray4276

• I had the same experience. First booking cancelled due to lack of parts in my area. Rescheduled and told I was prioritised.
    Second booking cancelled, wasn't called several times like the email suggested. I even then had a text to confirm the booking after it was cancelled via email.
    No further contact from Magnum.
  • I had the same experience. First booking cancelled due to lack of parts in my area. Rescheduled and told I was prioritised.
    Second booking cancelled, wasn't called several times like the email suggested. I even then had a text to confirm the booking after it was cancelled via email.
    No further contact from Magnum.

• Hey guys
    Thanks for this feedback about Magnum.
    I've fed this back to our smart meters team. They've got a service review with Magnum early next week, and this issue of cancellations with short notice will be raised, and the stock matter. @Nataly will be able to update (I'm not here next week)
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hey guys
    Thanks for this feedback about Magnum.
    I've fed this back to our smart meters team. They've got a service review with Magnum early next week, and this issue of cancellations with short notice will be raised, and the stock matter. @Nataly will be able to update (I'm not here next week)

• Hi

I was booked in to have a smart meter installed by Magnum Utilities. Endless blizzard of emails and text messages imploring me to remember that they were coming to install and to make sure that someone over the age of 18 would be in attendance throughout the installation et cetera et cetera et cetera .

The day came and went with no communication from them. When I contacted them the next day they told me that they had called my mobile twice and left two messages stating the precise times at which they alleged this had been done, and they also said they have sent me an email. Looking at some of the replies on this thread it would seem that Magnum Utilities I’ve got form in this regard. I refuse to mince my words and say that they are mistaken or there has been a technical issue. They are lying as a matter of policy. Even the most hopeless liar knows that with modern technology it is impossible to claim you called someone when you didn’t. All I needed was a simple call to apologise for the inconvenience and whilst I would not have been happy I accept that these things do happen from time to time. I strongly object to being treated as a fool and lied to.

I would suggest to Pure Planet that they seriously consider awarding their contract to another company who offer a reliable and competent service and particularly to one that knows how to tell the truth.
  • Hi

I was booked in to have a smart meter installed by Magnum Utilities. Endless blizzard of emails and text messages imploring me to remember that they were coming to install and to make sure that someone over the age of 18 would be in attendance throughout the installation et cetera et cetera et cetera .

The day came and went with no communication from them. When I contacted them the next day they told me that they had called my mobile twice and left two messages stating the precise times at which they alleged this had been done, and they also said they have sent me an email. Looking at some of the replies on this thread it would seem that Magnum Utilities I’ve got form in this regard. I refuse to mince my words and say that they are mistaken or there has been a technical issue. They are lying as a matter of policy. Even the most hopeless liar knows that with modern technology it is impossible to claim you called someone when you didn’t. All I needed was a simple call to apologise for the inconvenience and whilst I would not have been happy I accept that these things do happen from time to time. I strongly object to being treated as a fool and lied to.

I would suggest to Pure Planet that they seriously consider awarding their contract to another company who offer a reliable and competent service and particularly to one that knows how to tell the truth.

• Quote Originally Posted by rhaggas View Post
    Hi I was booked in to have a smart meter installed by Magnum Utilities. Endless blizzard of emails and text messages imploring me to remember that they were coming to install and to make sure that someone over the age of 18 would be in attendance throughout the installation et cetera et cetera et cetera . The day came and went with no communication from them. When I contacted them the next day they told me that they had called my mobile twice and left two messages stating the precise times at which they alleged this had been done, and they also said they have sent me an email. Looking at some of the replies on this thread it would seem that Magnum Utilities I’ve got form in this regard. I refuse to mince my words and say that they are mistaken or there has been a technical issue. They are lying as a matter of policy. Even the most hopeless liar knows that with modern technology it is impossible to claim you called someone when you didn’t. All I needed was a simple call to apologise for the inconvenience and whilst I would not have been happy I accept that these things do happen from time to time. I strongly object to being treated as a fool and lied to. I would suggest to Pure Planet that they seriously consider awarding their contract to another company who offer a reliable and competent service and particularly to one that knows how to tell the truth.
    Hi @rhaggas
    Thank you for this feedback, which I've passed on to our smart meter team to discuss with Magnum.
    Sorry that you've had a poor experience.

• Quote Originally Posted by rhaggas View Post
    Hi I was booked in to have a smart meter installed by Magnum Utilities. Endless blizzard of emails and text messages imploring me to remember that they were coming to install and to make sure that someone over the age of 18 would be in attendance throughout the installation et cetera et cetera et cetera . The day came and went with no communication from them. When I contacted them the next day they told me that they had called my mobile twice and left two messages stating the precise times at which they alleged this had been done, and they also said they have sent me an email. Looking at some of the replies on this thread it would seem that Magnum Utilities I’ve got form in this regard. I refuse to mince my words and say that they are mistaken or there has been a technical issue. They are lying as a matter of policy. Even the most hopeless liar knows that with modern technology it is impossible to claim you called someone when you didn’t. All I needed was a simple call to apologise for the inconvenience and whilst I would not have been happy I accept that these things do happen from time to time. I strongly object to being treated as a fool and lied to. I would suggest to Pure Planet that they seriously consider awarding their contract to another company who offer a reliable and competent service and particularly to one that knows how to tell the truth.
    Hi @rhaggas
    Thank you for this feedback, which I've passed on to our smart meter team to discuss with Magnum.
    Sorry that you've had a poor experience.