• non PP supplier email telling me I have asked to switch....I have not

Today i had a very strange email welcoming me to Green Network Energy. trouble is I have not asked to switch. Sounded very strange when I called them. Asked me to confirm address etc and asked for DoB, which i did not give. The email had an attachment with a direct debit mandate detailing a totally made up account number with Barclays Bank. i suspected fraud so I called Barclays & they confirmed there was no account in my name. Just need to confirm with PP that no switch has been made on my behalf.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Today i had a very strange email welcoming me to Green Network Energy. trouble is I have not asked to switch. Sounded very strange when I called them. Asked me to confirm address etc and asked for DoB, which i did not give. The email had an attachment with a direct debit mandate detailing a totally made up account number with Barclays Bank. i suspected fraud so I called Barclays & they confirmed there was no account in my name. Just need to confirm with PP that no switch has been made on my behalf.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi chas

as this is personal and account specific you need to do this through wattbot, type message the team and ask there. Replies not instant, circa 24 hrs
    Quote Originally Posted by chasb441 View Post
    Today i had a very strange email welcoming me to Green Network Energy. trouble is I have not asked to switch. Sounded very strange when I called them. Asked me to confirm address etc and asked for DoB, which i did not give. The email had an attachment with a direct debit mandate detailing a totally made up account number with Barclays Bank. i suspected fraud so I called Barclays & they confirmed there was no account in my name. Just need to confirm with PP that no switch has been made on my behalf.
  • hi chas

as this is personal and account specific you need to do this through wattbot, type message the team and ask there. Replies not instant, circa 24 hrs

• Thanks....already done that so was posted here as a warning and to see if anyone had come across something similar.
  • Thanks....already done that so was posted here as a warning and to see if anyone had come across something similar.

• hi Chas, thanks for the update.can you look at the email headers and see where it's come from?
    Thanks....already done that so was posted here as a warning and to see if anyone had come across something similar.
  • hi Chas, thanks for the update.can you look at the email headers and see where it's come from?
    Thanks....already done that so was posted here as a warning and to see if anyone had come across something similar.

• yes had a look and nothing jumps out. the help lady from the energy company in question did say it was maybe processed by one of the comparison sites to get a better deal automatically but the comparison site she said it was referred from has never been used by me. even if that was genuine the bank details quoted as mine for the DD where not genuine so its a weird one for sure. thanks for the help. will wait on PP to get back to me
  • yes had a look and nothing jumps out. the help lady from the energy company in question did say it was maybe processed by one of the comparison sites to get a better deal automatically but the comparison site she said it was referred from has never been used by me. even if that was genuine the bank details quoted as mine for the DD where not genuine so its a weird one for sure. thanks for the help. will wait on PP to get back to me

• Hi chasb441.
    It may be one of your neighbours is switching suppliers and used your address by mistake.
  • Hi chasb441.
    It may be one of your neighbours is switching suppliers and used your address by mistake.

• That wouldn't explain the bank DD details though? Just didn't feel right to me and on calling Barclays fraud team the account didn't exist.
  • That wouldn't explain the bank DD details though? Just didn't feel right to me and on calling Barclays fraud team the account didn't exist.