• Warning! Pure Planet’s customer services are not fit for purpose.

Warning! Pure Planet’s customer services are not fit for purpose.

On 5th January 2018, I decided to change my energy supplier to Pure Planet. The following day I received a communication from them, through their App, which gave illustrative monthly payments which were not based on the figures which I gave them of my use of gas and electricity for the previous year.

I sent a communication through the complaints channel on their App asking for the illustrative payments to be corrected so that they were based on the ones I had supplied. In that communication, I asked for my request for energy supply transfer to be suspended until I had received a satisfactory reply.

I made the above request on 7th January, and they responded that I would receive a reply within five days. Seven days later, I have not received a reply.

Today, 14th January, I have received another communication from Pure Planet, via their App stating that my transfer of energy supply was continuing as originally planned. This completely ignored my communications with them.

Pure Planet does not have a telephone number or an email address with which customers can communicate with a human being within the firm. In my view, this is inadequate customer service.

I am in communication with Ofgem to establish whether or not they are in breach of their conditions of service, and will also make sure that other prospective customers are aware that Pure Planet does not provide adequate customer support services.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Warning! Pure Planet’s customer services are not fit for purpose.

On 5th January 2018, I decided to change my energy supplier to Pure Planet. The following day I received a communication from them, through their App, which gave illustrative monthly payments which were not based on the figures which I gave them of my use of gas and electricity for the previous year.

I sent a communication through the complaints channel on their App asking for the illustrative payments to be corrected so that they were based on the ones I had supplied. In that communication, I asked for my request for energy supply transfer to be suspended until I had received a satisfactory reply.

I made the above request on 7th January, and they responded that I would receive a reply within five days. Seven days later, I have not received a reply.

Today, 14th January, I have received another communication from Pure Planet, via their App stating that my transfer of energy supply was continuing as originally planned. This completely ignored my communications with them.

Pure Planet does not have a telephone number or an email address with which customers can communicate with a human being within the firm. In my view, this is inadequate customer service.

I am in communication with Ofgem to establish whether or not they are in breach of their conditions of service, and will also make sure that other prospective customers are aware that Pure Planet does not provide adequate customer support services.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Had same issue on Sat 27th and lost My Account details from app. Rebooted and all appeared again fine
  • Had same issue on Sat 27th and lost My Account details from app. Rebooted and all appeared again fine

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by thematlocks View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to change address?! We moved on Saturday and trying to find a contact number is proving exceptionally difficult, which is utterly unacceptable!! This really shouldn’t be difficult!!
    You have to do it through WatBot. Type 'chat to the team' and then post there what you need. The team will contact you via email after some time (remember it's not a live chat so don't wait for a response on the app!)
  • Quote Originally Posted by thematlocks View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to change address?! We moved on Saturday and trying to find a contact number is proving exceptionally difficult, which is utterly unacceptable!! This really shouldn’t be difficult!!
    You have to do it through WatBot. Type 'chat to the team' and then post there what you need. The team will contact you via email after some time (remember it's not a live chat so don't wait for a response on the app!)

• Hi @ChrisW thanks for posting in the community
    I'm going to send you a direct message - to avoid any potential personal info being posted into this public space.
    We'll get this sorted for you.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @ChrisW thanks for posting in the community
    I'm going to send you a direct message - to avoid any potential personal info being posted into this public space.
    We'll get this sorted for you.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi @ChrisW
    You will have received my direct message, but I just wanted to add some extra info here for the benefit of all.
    Over here is a great thread about how energy spend is calculated. The issue is that no company is legally allowed to see your energy spend until after you join. So to start with they're calculated using an industry standard provided by Ofgem. Which is why we at Pure Planet review it after the first month to make sure that the level is correct.
    I hope that helps to clear things up a bit for anyone looking at this and scratching their chins

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @ChrisW
    You will have received my direct message, but I just wanted to add some extra info here for the benefit of all.
    Over here is a great thread about how energy spend is calculated. The issue is that no company is legally allowed to see your energy spend until after you join. So to start with they're calculated using an industry standard provided by Ofgem. Which is why we at Pure Planet review it after the first month to make sure that the level is correct.
    I hope that helps to clear things up a bit for anyone looking at this and scratching their chins

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Im trying to contact somebody from Pure Planet who can resolve my transfer problems!!
    Why am i pointed to 'ask the community' all the time
    They will not have the answers????
  • Im trying to contact somebody from Pure Planet who can resolve my transfer problems!!
    Why am i pointed to 'ask the community' all the time
    They will not have the answers????

• I too am trying to resolve problems but cannot get hold of anyone. Due to switch on the 29th Jan. Unles someone from PP responds today I am going to pull the plug
  • I too am trying to resolve problems but cannot get hold of anyone. Due to switch on the 29th Jan. Unles someone from PP responds today I am going to pull the plug

• Hi @Dougster, sorry to hear you're struggling to get in contact! I know my colleague @Marc is DMing you now. He'll help to get you the info you need.

Hi @TonyR, lets talk about what you need. What problems are you having?
  • Hi @Dougster, sorry to hear you're struggling to get in contact! I know my colleague @Marc is DMing you now. He'll help to get you the info you need.

Hi @TonyR, lets talk about what you need. What problems are you having?

• Marc. I was logged in to the app and was able to get into my account. I tried to log in today to find that My Account is not available on the app I deleted and downloaded the app. I tapped login inte menu and was told that a verification link would be sent to my email address. I received the email and was told to click the link which woul take me back to the app. This I did but the was trapped in a loop between the loggin in and receiving a verification link and was not able to get into my account. I don’t give up easily but this is very frustrating/annoying. What do I do now?
  • Marc. I was logged in to the app and was able to get into my account. I tried to log in today to find that My Account is not available on the app I deleted and downloaded the app. I tapped login inte menu and was told that a verification link would be sent to my email address. I received the email and was told to click the link which woul take me back to the app. This I did but the was trapped in a loop between the loggin in and receiving a verification link and was not able to get into my account. I don’t give up easily but this is very frustrating/annoying. What do I do now?

• Hi @TonyR
    Thanks for the update. You've also been sending me direct messages, and as this thread is quite specific to your account, I'm going to reply there - just to avoid any risk of private info being made public.
    We'll get this sorted

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @TonyR
    Thanks for the update. You've also been sending me direct messages, and as this thread is quite specific to your account, I'm going to reply there - just to avoid any risk of private info being made public.
    We'll get this sorted

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Had sane issue with app yesterday which was resolved , bit concerning to see that there is no way of contacting PP directly and being able to speak to someone outside using the app ..
  • Had sane issue with app yesterday which was resolved , bit concerning to see that there is no way of contacting PP directly and being able to speak to someone outside using the app ..

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Had same issue on Sat 27th and lost My Account details from app. Rebooted and all appeared again fine������
    Hi @Bev sorry about that. We had a small outage which is being investigated. I've created a new thread about it and will update when we have more info.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Had same issue on Sat 27th and lost My Account details from app. Rebooted and all appeared again fine������
    Hi @Bev sorry about that. We had a small outage which is being investigated. I've created a new thread about it and will update when we have more info.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Thanks Marc,all fine since switching iPad off then on again, and submitted readings successfully since. Many thanks
  • Thanks Marc,all fine since switching iPad off then on again, and submitted readings successfully since. Many thanks

• Can someone please tell me how to change address?! We moved on Saturday and trying to find a contact number is proving exceptionally difficult, which is utterly unacceptable!! This really shouldn’t be difficult!!
  • Can someone please tell me how to change address?! We moved on Saturday and trying to find a contact number is proving exceptionally difficult, which is utterly unacceptable!! This really shouldn’t be difficult!!

• Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Gosh that’s terribly complicated and exceptionally frustrating! I’ve sent numerous messages via Wattbot already and even sent a DM to one of the Community Managers whilst he was clearly very active online, but no response to either and now my thread on the Wattbot service is marked as “closed” with no option for me to re-open it. Changing everything else for the move has been plain sailing, so I’m very disappointed in the service (or lack thereof!) I’ve received here. Thank you for the advice, anyway. I guess I’ll just continue to wait and hope for the best!
    Gosh that’s terribly complicated and exceptionally frustrating! I’ve sent numerous messages via Wattbot already and even sent a DM to one of the Community Managers whilst he was clearly very active online, but no response to either and now my thread on the Wattbot service is marked as “closed” with no option for me to re-open it. Changing everything else for the move has been plain sailing, so I’m very disappointed in the service (or lack thereof!) I’ve received here. Thank you for the advice, anyway. I guess I’ll just continue to wait and hope for the best!

After typing 'chat to the team' you can type just one message and the response generally comes via email - as far as I can tell you cant keep chatting to the team on the app.

I'm sure you'll get an email soon. I got my DD details changed last week, it was all fine in the end.
    After typing 'chat to the team' you can type just one message and the response generally comes via email - as far as I can tell you cant keep chatting to the team on the app.

I'm sure you'll get an email soon. I got my DD details changed last week, it was all fine in the end.

Oh right, totally wasted my time typing out all the required information then and spending nearly 6 hours of my day repeatedly checking for updates! Oh well, such is life! Thank you for your responses, anyway. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Oh right, totally wasted my time typing out all the required information then and spending nearly 6 hours of my day repeatedly checking for updates! Oh well, such is life! Thank you for your responses, anyway. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Dont worry, happy to help! I flagged this to @Marc and I'm hoping PP will do something to clarify how the bot works.
    Dont worry, happy to help! I flagged this to @Marc and I'm hoping PP will do something to clarify how the bot works.