• Smart Meter Calibration

Hi. We’ve had our smart meter for just over a month now.

When we first had it, the needle was quite low in the green showing about 100-150w

Now its at the top of the green showing the same.

With a kettle on now (only) which is 3000w it’s at full red, let alone with anything else active.

Seems like it’s changed calibration or something. (Is this just me)

I would have thought that the gauge should reflect a larger draw than just circa 3kw.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi. We’ve had our smart meter for just over a month now.

When we first had it, the needle was quite low in the green showing about 100-150w

Now its at the top of the green showing the same.

With a kettle on now (only) which is 3000w it’s at full red, let alone with anything else active.

Seems like it’s changed calibration or something. (Is this just me)

I would have thought that the gauge should reflect a larger draw than just circa 3kw.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @Rovert

Yep you're absolutely right!

The calculations used to work out the energy 'thresholds' shown on IHDs are currently incorrect, which is why it'll be showing high usage.
    We're currently working to fix this so the actual usage is more accurately reflected.

Thanks for flagging it

We'll update you once this has been resolved
  • Hey @Rovert

Yep you're absolutely right!

The calculations used to work out the energy 'thresholds' shown on IHDs are currently incorrect, which is why it'll be showing high usage.
    We're currently working to fix this so the actual usage is more accurately reflected.

Thanks for flagging it

We'll update you once this has been resolved

• TRIO2 IHDL-A-USG-001_7.pdf

hi Rovert

I believe the usage level (see P24 of above) is set by PP (the supplier)
    As far as I know only they can change it.
    I may be wrong?
    I think you'll need to message the team through wattbot to sort this one out.
    Last edited by woz; 18-09-19 at 01:11.
  • TRIO2 IHDL-A-USG-001_7.pdf

hi Rovert

I believe the usage level (see P24 of above) is set by PP (the supplier)
    As far as I know only they can change it.
    I may be wrong?
    I think you'll need to message the team through wattbot to sort this one out.

• Can you check the Gas display too... seems like the little flame does not light up at all when the boiler flashs up. Thanks
  • Can you check the Gas display too... seems like the little flame does not light up at all when the boiler flashs up. Thanks

• Hi Robert.
    The gas information is only updated every half hour, it will not show immediately after the boiler lighting up, but will show later
  • Hi Robert.
    The gas information is only updated every half hour, it will not show immediately after the boiler lighting up, but will show later

• Any update on a fix for this calibration issue yet Nataly? I have the same problem. 3p/hr electricity is showing as red.
    Thanks.
    Sam
  • Any update on a fix for this calibration issue yet Nataly? I have the same problem. 3p/hr electricity is showing as red.
    Thanks.
    Sam

• I take some solace that it's not just me, but it is frustrating that my electric usage is showing as permanently in the red at 10p/hr and 730W!

Any news as to when it'll be resolved please?
  • I take some solace that it's not just me, but it is frustrating that my electric usage is showing as permanently in the red at 10p/hr and 730W!

• Quote Originally Posted by DumnoniiNomad View Post
    I take some solace that it's not just me, but it is frustrating that my electric usage is showing as permanently in the red at 10p/hr and 730W!

As Nataly advised above, the problems are being worked on, and an update will be posted when there is more news.
    At the moment, it's just a waiting game.
  • Quote Originally Posted by DumnoniiNomad View Post
    I take some solace that it's not just me, but it is frustrating that my electric usage is showing as permanently in the red at 10p/hr and 730W!

As Nataly advised above, the problems are being worked on, and an update will be posted when there is more news.
    At the moment, it's just a waiting game.

• hi Sam
    ​Look upon it as a benefit, it'll encourage you to switch everything off!
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt4000 View Post
    Any update on a fix for this calibration issue yet Nataly? I have the same problem. 3p/hr electricity is showing as red.
    Thanks.
    Sam
  • hi Sam
    ​Look upon it as a benefit, it'll encourage you to switch everything off!
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt4000 View Post
    Any update on a fix for this calibration issue yet Nataly? I have the same problem. 3p/hr electricity is showing as red.
    Thanks.
    Sam

• Hi everyone,

Thanks for flagging this

Just to let you know that we've posted an updated about this issue here.
  • Hi everyone,

Thanks for flagging this

Just to let you know that we've posted an updated about this issue here.