• New House, New Customer

Is there any way to choose my start date? I'm moving to a new house AND becoming a new customer. I see that it takes 17 days to switch, but I won't be in the house 5 days before my start date to give a reading. I'd like to set it up to begin on the day we move in.
    Any suggestions?
    ​Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Is there any way to choose my start date? I'm moving to a new house AND becoming a new customer. I see that it takes 17 days to switch, but I won't be in the house 5 days before my start date to give a reading. I'd like to set it up to begin on the day we move in.
    Any suggestions?
    ​Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Kaila

First post - welcome to the Pure Planet community!

When you join Pure Planet you will be asked for your initial meter readings just before the switch is complete, i.e. 16-17 days after you initiate the switch.

So you can aim to get it right by counting back the days. If you are a day or two out, don't worry. Send in the readings the day you move in, and at least make sure you take photos of the meters just to ensure you don't have any problems down the line.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your new home!
    Stephen
  • Hi Kaila

First post - welcome to the Pure Planet community!

When you join Pure Planet you will be asked for your initial meter readings just before the switch is complete, i.e. 16-17 days after you initiate the switch.

So you can aim to get it right by counting back the days. If you are a day or two out, don't worry. Send in the readings the day you move in, and at least make sure you take photos of the meters just to ensure you don't have any problems down the line.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your new home!
    Stephen

• hi Kaila

you can't move the start date once you've instigated the switch, the nearest you can get is to count back 17 days from your moving in date and switch then, but as you've already instigated you would need to cancel, wait some days and re-apply 17 days before if you're absolutely confident that your moving in won't be delayed.
    Even if you wait until you're in before switching it won't make a great deal of difference in price, you don't pay for the same units twice, so the difference is only 17 days worth of difference if you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaila View Post
    Is there any way to choose my start date? I'm moving to a new house AND becoming a new customer. I see that it takes 17 days to switch, but I won't be in the house 5 days before my start date to give a reading. I'd like to set it up to begin on the day we move in.
    Any suggestions?
    ​Thanks
  • hi Kaila

you can't move the start date once you've instigated the switch, the nearest you can get is to count back 17 days from your moving in date and switch then, but as you've already instigated you would need to cancel, wait some days and re-apply 17 days before if you're absolutely confident that your moving in won't be delayed.
    Even if you wait until you're in before switching it won't make a great deal of difference in price, you don't pay for the same units twice, so the difference is only 17 days worth of difference if you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaila View Post
    Any suggestions?
    ​Thanks

• Thanks! I've counted back and marked the date! Let's hope everything goes to plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, @stephenrand and @woz
    I've counted back and marked the date. Let's hope everything goes to plan.
  • Thanks! I've counted back and marked the date! Let's hope everything goes to plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, @stephenrand and @woz
    I've counted back and marked the date. Let's hope everything goes to plan.