• New gas meter - meter readings not being recognised

Hi,

I had my gas meter replaced a couple of months back and the engineer said I didn't need to do anything as the new meter would automatically be registered to our address and the old meter discontinued. However since then the meter readings I submit are not being recognised as valid and keep being replaced by estimated ones. How do I sort this out so the readings I enter are used?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

I had my gas meter replaced a couple of months back and the engineer said I didn't need to do anything as the new meter would automatically be registered to our address and the old meter discontinued. However since then the meter readings I submit are not being recognised as valid and keep being replaced by estimated ones. How do I sort this out so the readings I enter are used?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Rebecca
    The best thing to do is to contact the PP team via help, Wattbot, type " message the team " and inform them about your meter change, give as much detail as possible, dates etc and include a photo of your meter showing the serial numbers. You should receive a response within 24 hours. Replies are not instant
  • Hi Rebecca
    The best thing to do is to contact the PP team via help, Wattbot, type " message the team " and inform them about your meter change, give as much detail as possible, dates etc and include a photo of your meter showing the serial numbers. You should receive a response within 24 hours. Replies are not instant

• Hi,
    is the new meter serial number showing on your statement?

if not, then You need to send a message to the team directly via Wattbot.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team'
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.
  • Hi,
    is the new meter serial number showing on your statement?

if not, then You need to send a message to the team directly via Wattbot.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team'
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.

• hi rebecca
    go to help ask wattbot type message the team and ask pp to check meter database has been updated also attach a photo of your meter there, showing serial and reading if poss, or if you can’t do that at least write the new serial.
    Pp will check the database is up to date etc
    ​(all assuming your new serial isn’t updated yet.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibex61 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,

Rebecca

• hi rebecca
    go to help ask wattbot type message the team and ask pp to check meter database has been updated also attach a photo of your meter there, showing serial and reading if poss, or if you can’t do that at least write the new serial.
    Pp will check the database is up to date etc
    ​(all assuming your new serial isn’t updated yet.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibex61 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,

Rebecca

• Thanks both I'll give that a try - didn't realise you could type 'message the team'
  • Thanks both I'll give that a try - didn't realise you could type 'message the team'