• Bill

My usage has gone down on the scale but my my bill has increased by 50 pounds a month I don't understand
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My usage has gone down on the scale but my my bill has increased by 50 pounds a month I don't understand
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Happychick
    A couple of things you need to clarify

Is your £6.99 balance before or after your monthly direct debit payment. You should be approx 1 months payment in credit as we pay in advance of our usage.

Is the £50 increase due to the winter payment increase, if so that would be normal for that amount.

Any other increase in direct debit should be agreed with you and would be calculated to pay for your usage plus any negative balance, to bring you back on track.
  • Hi Happychick
    A couple of things you need to clarify

Is your £6.99 balance before or after your monthly direct debit payment. You should be approx 1 months payment in credit as we pay in advance of our usage.

Is the £50 increase due to the winter payment increase, if so that would be normal for that amount.

Any other increase in direct debit should be agreed with you and would be calculated to pay for your usage plus any negative balance, to bring you back on track.

• Hello happychick.
    The DD payments are based on a years usage and split such that you pay less in summer and more over winter.

If however you are using less than originally forcast and therefore building up a big credit on your statements then all you need to do is.
    Goto help section and open wattbot, type.
    Message the team.
    Then ask for your DD payments to be reduced by £ (insert amount) per month.

Once reviewed the team will answer and ask you to approve the change.
    Or just get a refund and leave payments as they are.
  • Hello happychick.
    The DD payments are based on a years usage and split such that you pay less in summer and more over winter.

If however you are using less than originally forcast and therefore building up a big credit on your statements then all you need to do is.
    Goto help section and open wattbot, type.
    Message the team.
    Then ask for your DD payments to be reduced by £ (insert amount) per month.

Once reviewed the team will answer and ask you to approve the change.
    Or just get a refund and leave payments as they are.

• Quote Originally Posted by Happychick View Post
    My usage has gone down on the scale but my my bill has increased by 50 pounds a month I don't understand
    Further to Jon1's excellent reply, the other key question is what is your balance? If it's less than twice your monthly payment, I wouldn't worry too much. If it is over twice your winter monthly payment, I would contact Pure Planet and ask for a review. If that doesn't make sense, post back and I can explain more.
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Happychick View Post
    Further to Jon1's excellent reply, the other key question is what is your balance? If it's less than twice your monthly payment, I wouldn't worry too much. If it is over twice your winter monthly payment, I would contact Pure Planet and ask for a review. If that doesn't make sense, post back and I can explain more.
    Stephen

• Bill increase

My balance is _ 6.99 but my bill has gone up 50 pounds a month 166 pounds a month for a 3 bedroom nobody home all day household
  • My balance is _ 6.99 but my bill has gone up 50 pounds a month 166 pounds a month for a 3 bedroom nobody home all day household

• My balance is _6.99
  • My balance is _6.99

• Hey @Happychick

Your account should ideally always be in one month's payment worth of credit, so it sounds like your payments aren't quite covering your usage.

That's likely why your Direct Debits have been increased.

If you'd like to chat about your Direct Debits with the team and arrange payments that work for you, just reply to the email or sent the team a WattBot message (tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account)
  • Hey @Happychick

Your account should ideally always be in one month's payment worth of credit, so it sounds like your payments aren't quite covering your usage.

That's likely why your Direct Debits have been increased.

If you'd like to chat about your Direct Debits with the team and arrange payments that work for you, just reply to the email or sent the team a WattBot message (tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account)