• Smart meter

I have the mk1 smart meter which is not compatible for Pure Planet.

I have to get down on hands & knees to read the electric meter but even worse lay down to read the gas meter. I truly wish I never switched to smart meter until it was all sorted and meters were standard.

PLEASE PURE PLANET- when are you fitting the correct smart meter? This is totally ridiculous to have to lie on a pavement!!! I want an energy supplier with the correct smart meter so i dont have to suffer this anymore!!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have the mk1 smart meter which is not compatible for Pure Planet.

I have to get down on hands & knees to read the electric meter but even worse lay down to read the gas meter. I truly wish I never switched to smart meter until it was all sorted and meters were standard.

PLEASE PURE PLANET- when are you fitting the correct smart meter? This is totally ridiculous to have to lie on a pavement!!! I want an energy supplier with the correct smart meter so i dont have to suffer this anymore!!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet, but to your fellow customers. But you will find that they are usually a helpful bunch!!

I can sympathise with your meter reading problems, it must be a right pain. Pure Planet are very carefully rolling out the installation of SMETS 2 meters, trying to iron out all the glitches.

Have you registered with them that you want a SMETS 2 meter? Mind you, there was a promise from the smart meter authorities (??) that a fix was coming that would allow SMETS 1 meters to start talking to new suppliers - but I don't think anyone is holding their breath.
    My suggestion would be to submit readings every three months and keep an eye on the estimates meantime...

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Hi there

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet, but to your fellow customers. But you will find that they are usually a helpful bunch!!

I can sympathise with your meter reading problems, it must be a right pain. Pure Planet are very carefully rolling out the installation of SMETS 2 meters, trying to iron out all the glitches.

Have you registered with them that you want a SMETS 2 meter? Mind you, there was a promise from the smart meter authorities (??) that a fix was coming that would allow SMETS 1 meters to start talking to new suppliers - but I don't think anyone is holding their breath.
    My suggestion would be to submit readings every three months and keep an eye on the estimates meantime...

Hope that helps
    Stephen