• Wrong meter reading

Hi all waiting to be switched over to pure planet but have noticed they have wrong reading for gas on the app ,electric is correct but can't get in touch to change it any ideas cheers steve
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all waiting to be switched over to pure planet but have noticed they have wrong reading for gas on the app ,electric is correct but can't get in touch to change it any ideas cheers steve
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi stingy 7.

Hi and welcome.
    Your old supplier did not update the national database when they installed the new meters. This is why everyone insists on using the wrong figures.
    Once your switch is complete then PP can sort it out and get the details updated to the correct info. It will take a few weeks to do but it can be sorted.
    Your only other option is to cancel the switch and get the old supplier to sort it out, but it seems you tried that already.
    Only your current supplier can alter the database.
    Last edited by Jon1; 14-09-19 at 11:02.
  • Hi stingy 7.

Hi and welcome.
    Your old supplier did not update the national database when they installed the new meters. This is why everyone insists on using the wrong figures.
    Once your switch is complete then PP can sort it out and get the details updated to the correct info. It will take a few weeks to do but it can be sorted.
    Your only other option is to cancel the switch and get the old supplier to sort it out, but it seems you tried that already.
    Only your current supplier can alter the database.

• Hi Steve

Have a look at this thread, I think it's the same question

https://community.purepla.net/thread...-Meter-reading

And welcome to the Pure Planet community!

Stephen
  • Hi Steve

Have a look at this thread, I think it's the same question

https://community.purepla.net/thread...-Meter-reading

And welcome to the Pure Planet community!

Stephen

• hi Stingy, I'm confused. If you haven't switched yet where have the readings come from?
    Are you saying you've submitted the opening readings?
    If so they have to be agreed with previous supplier and often there will be a little difference, but as long as it's within tolerance those are the readings they will use (you won't get charged twice for the same energy).
    What is the difference in what you think and what you can see?
    Can you post back?
    Also as it's account specific if you want to pursue it you'll need to go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask there. Replies 24hrs not at weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingy7 View Post
    Hi all waiting to be switched over to pure planet but have noticed they have wrong reading for gas on the app ,electric is correct but can't get in touch to change it any ideas cheers steve
  • hi Stingy, I'm confused. If you haven't switched yet where have the readings come from?
    Are you saying you've submitted the opening readings?
    If so they have to be agreed with previous supplier and often there will be a little difference, but as long as it's within tolerance those are the readings they will use (you won't get charged twice for the same energy).
    What is the difference in what you think and what you can see?
    Can you post back?
    Also as it's account specific if you want to pursue it you'll need to go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask there. Replies 24hrs not at weekend.

• Hi thanks for reply, it's the fault of previous suppliers they installed smart meters but when I gave readings they only used new meter for electric and old meter readings for gas I tried explaining on phone, emails an even live chat but they always said my reading was wrong for gas and sent bill as estimated after a year of this that's why I left, so when pure planet asked for first readings I gave them correct readings but looks like they are using estimated readings from previous supplier just hope I'm not going to go through all that again cheers steve
  • Hi thanks for reply, it's the fault of previous suppliers they installed smart meters but when I gave readings they only used new meter for electric and old meter readings for gas I tried explaining on phone, emails an even live chat but they always said my reading was wrong for gas and sent bill as estimated after a year of this that's why I left, so when pure planet asked for first readings I gave them correct readings but looks like they are using estimated readings from previous supplier just hope I'm not going to go through all that again cheers steve

• Thanks jon1
    Definitely not going back to old supplier totally useless and started charging me double based on estimates so will hopefully get sorted in couple of weeks cheers steve
  • Thanks jon1
    Definitely not going back to old supplier totally useless and started charging me double based on estimates so will hopefully get sorted in couple of weeks cheers steve

• hi Stingy7

Just out of curiosity, if you're happy to say, who were the previous supplier?
  • hi Stingy7

Just out of curiosity, if you're happy to say, who were the previous supplier?

• Hi woz EDF energy mate
  • Hi woz EDF energy mate

• Thanks Stingy..bear in mind it may take weeks to get sorted, and it will likely delay edf's final bill.You've already tried to sort it with them, but unless they solve it at their end their final bill will be errr...interesting.

Hi woz EDF energy mate
  • Thanks Stingy..bear in mind it may take weeks to get sorted, and it will likely delay edf's final bill.You've already tried to sort it with them, but unless they solve it at their end their final bill will be errr...interesting.

Hi woz EDF energy mate

• Cheers again woz
    Yeah I've had 2 final bills off them one was £68 the other £77 it's as if they didn't want to sort out the new smart meter readings so they could just bill me estimated bills I was supposed to be on £57 fixed tariff too
    Last edited by Stingy7; 19-09-19 at 18:18. Reason: Wrong
  • Cheers again woz
    Yeah I've had 2 final bills off them one was £68 the other £77 it's as if they didn't want to sort out the new smart meter readings so they could just bill me estimated bills I was supposed to be on £57 fixed tariff too