• Moving from one supplier to PP

Hi all, currently with EON and have a smart meter with them. The contract comes to an end in Nov and would like to switch but there is an early exit clause. Do I have to wait for the years contract to end then apply to PP or is there a way to tie in the move to PP so that it ends on the last contracted day at EON? Also as we currently have a smart meter will we need a new one to move to PP?

Thanks in advanced.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all, currently with EON and have a smart meter with them. The contract comes to an end in Nov and would like to switch but there is an early exit clause. Do I have to wait for the years contract to end then apply to PP or is there a way to tie in the move to PP so that it ends on the last contracted day at EON? Also as we currently have a smart meter will we need a new one to move to PP?

Thanks in advanced.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi
    Here's a link which may answer your question.

https://community.purepla.net/thread...se+switch+date

Also, you don't need a new smart meter to switch, but If you have a 1st generation meter atm, it won't work as a smart meter with another supplier . It will revert back to a normal meter, which you will have to submit readings for every month.

Hope this helps
  • Hi
    Here's a link which may answer your question.

https://community.purepla.net/thread...se+switch+date

Also, you don't need a new smart meter to switch, but If you have a 1st generation meter atm, it won't work as a smart meter with another supplier . It will revert back to a normal meter, which you will have to submit readings for every month.

Hope this helps

• hi
    Iendicott
    As Angela's excellent reply, it takes 17 days to switch and you can switch away 49 days before the end of your fixed term without penalty.
    My advice is to start your switch a 4 to 5 weeks before your end date (keeps it simple) . PP are installing smart meters but I wouldn't rely on that yet. I'd assume you will have to read your existing meter for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iendicott View Post
    Hi all, currently with EON and have a smart meter with them. The contract comes to an end in Nov and would like to switch but there is an early exit clause. Do I have to wait for the years contract to end then apply to PP or is there a way to tie in the move to PP so that it ends on the last contracted day at EON? Also as we currently have a smart meter will we need a new one to move to PP?

Thanks in advanced.
  • hi
    Iendicott
    As Angela's excellent reply, it takes 17 days to switch and you can switch away 49 days before the end of your fixed term without penalty.
    My advice is to start your switch a 4 to 5 weeks before your end date (keeps it simple) . PP are installing smart meters but I wouldn't rely on that yet. I'd assume you will have to read your existing meter for a while.

Thanks in advanced.

• Thanks all will check my meter as its handy to know what we are spending at any time during the day. Will complete the process once confirmed what meter we have.

Thanks again
  • Thanks all will check my meter as its handy to know what we are spending at any time during the day. Will complete the process once confirmed what meter we have.

Thanks again

• hi IendicottWhen or if you switch to PP your current Smart Meter will no longer be smart and it's likely the in-home display will no longer work (apparently as far as I know,some do but most don't)
    Thanks all will check my meter as its handy to know what we are spending at any time during the day. Will complete the process once confirmed what meter we have.

Thanks again
  • hi IendicottWhen or if you switch to PP your current Smart Meter will no longer be smart and it's likely the in-home display will no longer work (apparently as far as I know,some do but most don't)
    Thanks all will check my meter as its handy to know what we are spending at any time during the day. Will complete the process once confirmed what meter we have.

Thanks again