• Fuel costs

My contract with Pure Planet is coming to an end, so I've been on comparison sites to compare prices. I was suprised to see that my Annual personal projection for the coming 12 months would be £156 cheaper than what I've just played for the last 12 month's with Pure planet the two quotes are from two major energy suppliers, does this sound right?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My contract with Pure Planet is coming to an end, so I've been on comparison sites to compare prices. I was suprised to see that my Annual personal projection for the coming 12 months would be £156 cheaper than what I've just played for the last 12 month's with Pure planet the two quotes are from two major energy suppliers, does this sound right?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi cannal
    ​Yes and no...
    As Angela says you don't have a contract with PP, the prices are variable and can go up and down with 2 weeks notice. You can leave at any time without penalty.
    When you compare your quote make sure you are comparing the same number of units for all quotes, and that the units used match what you use.
    It's quite possible that some companies will come out cheaper, there is one smaller company that always comes out cheaper which I won't name, I'm amazed they are still trading, but then you are covered by Ofgem if they go under. If you're getting a quote from one of the big 6 that's £156 cheaper (I doubt that I checked my area yesterday) that sounds very good, in fact too good to be true.
    If there are now cheaper options it's entirely your choice.
    It's not about what you paid last year , it's about what you are likely to pay in the coming year, or however long...and the ethos of the company if that's important to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by cannal12 View Post
    My contract with Pure Planet is coming to an end, so I've been on comparison sites to compare prices. I was suprised to see that my Annual personal projection for the coming 12 months would be £156 cheaper than what I've just played for the last 12 month's with Pure planet the two quotes are from two major energy suppliers, does this sound right?
  • hi cannal
    ​Yes and no...
    As Angela says you don't have a contract with PP, the prices are variable and can go up and down with 2 weeks notice. You can leave at any time without penalty.
    When you compare your quote make sure you are comparing the same number of units for all quotes, and that the units used match what you use.
    It's quite possible that some companies will come out cheaper, there is one smaller company that always comes out cheaper which I won't name, I'm amazed they are still trading, but then you are covered by Ofgem if they go under. If you're getting a quote from one of the big 6 that's £156 cheaper (I doubt that I checked my area yesterday) that sounds very good, in fact too good to be true.
    If there are now cheaper options it's entirely your choice.
    It's not about what you paid last year , it's about what you are likely to pay in the coming year, or however long...and the ethos of the company if that's important to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by cannal12 View Post

• I wasn't aware we had contracts with PP?

You can leave at anytime without exit fees.
  • I wasn't aware we had contracts with PP?

You can leave at anytime without exit fees.