• Who are Utilita?

I’ve recently switched to Pure Planet from British Gas, but have been notified this week by Utilita that they are now going to be my energy supplier?!
    I don’t know anything about them, and I’m confused as to how they got my contact details (phone number and email address).
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I’ve recently switched to Pure Planet from British Gas, but have been notified this week by Utilita that they are now going to be my energy supplier?!
    I don’t know anything about them, and I’m confused as to how they got my contact details (phone number and email address).
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Thank you for your responses to my post.

I have since discovered the energy supplier at my old address has gone bust (Eversmart), so it's an error that I have been contacted by Utilita.

​Panic over
  • Thank you for your responses to my post.

I have since discovered the energy supplier at my old address has gone bust (Eversmart), so it's an error that I have been contacted by Utilita.

​Panic over

• Hi , someone in your street might have done a switch and inadvertently put your house no by mistake.
    You need to let PP know that you are not switching.
    You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team'
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will
  • Hi , someone in your street might have done a switch and inadvertently put your house no by mistake.
    You need to let PP know that you are not switching.
    You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team'
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

• hi sdavey
    the other possibility is you moved from a supplier who went bust and utilita took over those accounts (I know they took over from our energy but it was a while back)
  • hi sdavey
    the other possibility is you moved from a supplier who went bust and utilita took over those accounts (I know they took over from our energy but it was a while back)

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi sdavey
    If British Gas had gone bust I think we'd have seen the headlines!!
    hi sdavey

• Quote Originally Posted by sdavey1 View Post
    I’ve recently switched to Pure Planet from British Gas, but have been notified this week by Utilita that they are now going to be my energy supplier?! I don’t know anything about them, and I’m confused as to how they got my contact details (phone number and email address).
    Hi @sdavey1
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    Don't worry, this can happen if someone tries to switch your address by mistake.
    If you open WattBot in your app and type "I'm not leaving" Watt will then take a few details from you, and pass it on to our team who'll sort it for you
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by sdavey1 View Post
    I’ve recently switched to Pure Planet from British Gas, but have been notified this week by Utilita that they are now going to be my energy supplier?! I don’t know anything about them, and I’m confused as to how they got my contact details (phone number and email address).
    Hi @sdavey1
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    Don't worry, this can happen if someone tries to switch your address by mistake.
    If you open WattBot in your app and type "I'm not leaving" Watt will then take a few details from you, and pass it on to our team who'll sort it for you
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• confused, where did bg come from?
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...ersmart-energy
    Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post
    Last edited by woz; 13-09-19 at 12:49.
  • confused, where did bg come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post

confused, where did bg come from?
    The first post states moved to Pure Planet from British Gas
    confused, where did bg come from?

• Ahh I see what you mean, yes I was just looking for other possible explanations, that possibly the OP had at some point been with a company that had gone bust in the past.
    Good point well made!
    K.I.S.S.
    (and before you accuse me of making a pass it means keep it simple stupid...me not you)

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Last edited by woz; 13-09-19 at 15:41.
  • Ahh I see what you mean, yes I was just looking for other possible explanations, that possibly the OP had at some point been with a company that had gone bust in the past.
    Good point well made!
    K.I.S.S.
    (and before you accuse me of making a pass it means keep it simple stupid...me not you)

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post