• problems with reading meters

i've just switched to this provider, and i'm supposed to supply meter readings but i have smart meters from my old supplier (OVO) and there are no numbers to read anywhere on the meters, so i don't know what to do, and the wattbot keeps giving me useless answers. i would really like to talk to a real person...
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • i've just switched to this provider, and i'm supposed to supply meter readings but i have smart meters from my old supplier (OVO) and there are no numbers to read anywhere on the meters, so i don't know what to do, and the wattbot keeps giving me useless answers. i would really like to talk to a real person...
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @at4574

Just FYI I've merged your posts into one place to keep all the relevant info and replies together

Was your meter showing 'm3' after the digits? (that's the measurement we need your gas readings in)
    It may also be helpful to check the readings that had been used on your statements before switching to Pure Planet, and if they were showing as just '0's too.

If it has just been recording 0's you can let the team know by tapping 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and sending a photo of your meter.
    We also have an FAQ on what to do if you think your meter needs to be changed, which may help
  • Hey @at4574

Just FYI I've merged your posts into one place to keep all the relevant info and replies together

Was your meter showing 'm3' after the digits? (that's the measurement we need your gas readings in)
    It may also be helpful to check the readings that had been used on your statements before switching to Pure Planet, and if they were showing as just '0's too.

If it has just been recording 0's you can let the team know by tapping 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and sending a photo of your meter.
    We also have an FAQ on what to do if you think your meter needs to be changed, which may help

• Hello and welcome.
    Depending on what make of meter it is you have to press some buttons to wake it up. Try 6666 or 9999 or A you get the idea. Post a photo and a more accurate answer will be posted.
  • Hello and welcome.
    Depending on what make of meter it is you have to press some buttons to wake it up. Try 6666 or 9999 or A you get the idea. Post a photo and a more accurate answer will be posted.

• hi at
    Here are a couple of links which may help
    HERE
    HERE
  • hi at
    Here are a couple of links which may help
    HERE
    HERE

• thanks. the link to the ovo site was very helpful.
  • thanks. the link to the ovo site was very helpful.

• Problem with gas meter?

I've just switched to PP. On taking my initial gas reading, my meter reads 00000. I have a smart meter from my previous supplier so haven't read the meter in a couple of years. Checking back it looks like the meter has been at zero since installed, which I presume means it isn't working, although I have gas. Do I need a new meter, or can someone come and fix it?
  • I've just switched to PP. On taking my initial gas reading, my meter reads 00000. I have a smart meter from my previous supplier so haven't read the meter in a couple of years. Checking back it looks like the meter has been at zero since installed, which I presume means it isn't working, although I have gas. Do I need a new meter, or can someone come and fix it?