• Nissan Leaf CO2 and £ savings so far this year

Name:  Nissan Leaf app 2019 driving so far.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  122.7 KB

Random check of my Nissan Leaf app

The car was delivered at the beginning of January 2019.

The year so far:

6,045 miles driven so far.
    1,525 kWh of electricity used, saving of 1,672kg of CO2.

And now for the really good news - the cost of charging the Leaf with renewable elec from PP so far this year is £213
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Name:  Nissan Leaf app 2019 driving so far.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  122.7 KB

Random check of my Nissan Leaf app

The car was delivered at the beginning of January 2019.

The year so far:

6,045 miles driven so far.
    1,525 kWh of electricity used, saving of 1,672kg of CO2.

And now for the really good news - the cost of charging the Leaf with renewable elec from PP so far this year is £213

• That's quite impressive, what's the furthest distance you have travelled between charges?
  • That's quite impressive, what's the furthest distance you have travelled between charges?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    That's quite impressive, what's the furthest distance you have travelled between charges?
    I'm happy with 150 miles. Anything over that and I need to plan.....

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    That's quite impressive, what's the furthest distance you have travelled between charges?
    I'm happy with 150 miles. Anything over that and I need to plan.....

• Nice savings. In comparison to my car i would save about £600 a year inc tax, plus any congestion charges i rack up 2-3 a year.
  • Nice savings. In comparison to my car i would save about £600 a year inc tax, plus any congestion charges i rack up 2-3 a year.
  • @Marc good stats. Yours runs more efficiently than my 2.5t beast, which averages around the 0.4KWh/Mile. How have you found the public charging network? I used it a little in first 3 months of owning mine as it was free membership trial. Never had any issues on the odd occasion I used them but hear many stories of chargers not working etc. Have you done any long trip where you had to charge, how did you find it if you have? I am spoilt with free supercharging so road trips are easy and free. I presume yours is 2nd gen Leaf which is a big improvement over the 1st?
  • @Marc good stats. Yours runs more efficiently than my 2.5t beast, which averages around the 0.4KWh/Mile. How have you found the public charging network? I used it a little in first 3 months of owning mine as it was free membership trial. Never had any issues on the odd occasion I used them but hear many stories of chargers not working etc. Have you done any long trip where you had to charge, how did you find it if you have? I am spoilt with free supercharging so road trips are easy and free. I presume yours is 2nd gen Leaf which is a big improvement over the 1st?
  • Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooby View Post
    How have you found the public charging network? I used it a little in first 3 months of owning mine as it was free membership trial. Never had any issues on the odd occasion I used them but hear many stories of chargers not working etc. Have you done any long trip where you had to charge, how did you find it if you have? I am spoilt with free supercharging so road trips are easy and free. I presume yours is 2nd gen Leaf which is a big improvement over the 1st?
    Hi @UncleScooby
    Yep, I've got the 2nd gen Leaf, aka the 2018 edition.
    I've used some Pod Point chargers at a Bath park and ride a few times. It's currently free (some kind of tie-in with the local council). But twice so far I've got back to my car to find that it hadn't been charged at all. Luckily I wasn't stranded and had enough battery to get home!
    Last summer I did have the opportunity to test-drive the Leaf (did some posts about it here in the community) and it came with a Polar network keyring fob. I used it to rapid-charge by a Holiday Inn on the A303. It was excellent - took about 40 minutes while I had a cuppa and read some magazines in comfort.
    TBH I've not taken it on a long trip. I used to drive to London to visit family, but now I take the train, or sometimes coach.
    I am thinking about joining Polar though. It's about £7 a month?

• Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooby View Post
    How have you found the public charging network? I used it a little in first 3 months of owning mine as it was free membership trial. Never had any issues on the odd occasion I used them but hear many stories of chargers not working etc. Have you done any long trip where you had to charge, how did you find it if you have? I am spoilt with free supercharging so road trips are easy and free. I presume yours is 2nd gen Leaf which is a big improvement over the 1st?
    Hi @UncleScooby
    Yep, I've got the 2nd gen Leaf, aka the 2018 edition.
    I've used some Pod Point chargers at a Bath park and ride a few times. It's currently free (some kind of tie-in with the local council). But twice so far I've got back to my car to find that it hadn't been charged at all. Luckily I wasn't stranded and had enough battery to get home!
    Last summer I did have the opportunity to test-drive the Leaf (did some posts about it here in the community) and it came with a Polar network keyring fob. I used it to rapid-charge by a Holiday Inn on the A303. It was excellent - took about 40 minutes while I had a cuppa and read some magazines in comfort.
    TBH I've not taken it on a long trip. I used to drive to London to visit family, but now I take the train, or sometimes coach.
    I am thinking about joining Polar though. It's about £7 a month?

• Hi @Marc, It was Polar I had the free trial with and yes about £7 a month, however you can just pay as you go with them as well at a slightly higher electricity rate. Will be interesting to see how this side of the market stabilises as this membership nonsense is a bit rubbish. Can't quite remember when but they'll soon have to allow simply using some standard form of payment. Government legislated they either had to accept credit/debit cards or all use the same app. Ionity network is the one to watch, super fast charging and backed by a number of car manufacturers.
  • Hi @Marc, It was Polar I had the free trial with and yes about £7 a month, however you can just pay as you go with them as well at a slightly higher electricity rate. Will be interesting to see how this side of the market stabilises as this membership nonsense is a bit rubbish. Can't quite remember when but they'll soon have to allow simply using some standard form of payment. Government legislated they either had to accept credit/debit cards or all use the same app. Ionity network is the one to watch, super fast charging and backed by a number of car manufacturers.