• Not sure if night reading is correct or not

Hi
    Am in the process of switching to Pure Planet. Already have a Smart meter and have never had to manually take a reading from it before. I am confident gas one is correct. Also confident that i took the first available reading off electric meter by pushing button 9..and assumed it was day but now think it may be total. Then by pushing the 6 button i got access to what i think was the night reading..but not entirely confident. Am i right in thinking because you just charge one tariff the first reading only is required as second reading is just a part of same or is it in addition to. Just wish to ensure my initial readings are correct.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi
    Am in the process of switching to Pure Planet. Already have a Smart meter and have never had to manually take a reading from it before. I am confident gas one is correct. Also confident that i took the first available reading off electric meter by pushing button 9..and assumed it was day but now think it may be total. Then by pushing the 6 button i got access to what i think was the night reading..but not entirely confident. Am i right in thinking because you just charge one tariff the first reading only is required as second reading is just a part of same or is it in addition to. Just wish to ensure my initial readings are correct.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @Tullyvar32 and welcome to Pure Planet

For a 1st generation (SMETS1) meter, you'd press 6 to see your day and night reading.

They'd be labelled 'IMP R01' and 'IMP R02'. There's more help on this in our FAQs.
    The screen should automatically display the different readings in a sequence, without needing to press '6' twice

​Hope that helps?
  • Hi @Tullyvar32 and welcome to Pure Planet

For a 1st generation (SMETS1) meter, you'd press 6 to see your day and night reading.

They'd be labelled 'IMP R01' and 'IMP R02'. There's more help on this in our FAQs.
    The screen should automatically display the different readings in a sequence, without needing to press '6' twice

​Hope that helps?

• hi Tullyvar
    if you're on E7 the app will ask you for both readings, day and night. If it doesn't (it should) and only asks for one then enter the total.
    If it asks for both you need to put both in, the two readings should add up to the total. (not sure if you have to press 6 twice to see both?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullyvar32 View Post
    Hi
  • hi Tullyvar
    if you're on E7 the app will ask you for both readings, day and night. If it doesn't (it should) and only asks for one then enter the total.
    If it asks for both you need to put both in, the two readings should add up to the total. (not sure if you have to press 6 twice to see both?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullyvar32 View Post
    Hi