• Gas Meter Reading

Hi ive just submitted my latest meter readings and upon checking the meter reading history have found that the meter hasn't moved since April. What shoud i do ?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi ive just submitted my latest meter readings and upon checking the meter reading history have found that the meter hasn't moved since April. What shoud i do ?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Col
    My first reaction is to say lucky you - free gas! (sadly it doesn't work that way)
    ​Have you used any gas since April?
    Is it an old mechanical meter? What number has it stuck on?
    if the meter has stopped moving it needs replacing. (I wasn't clear whether it was the history that was broken or the meter)
    Go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team, explain and someone will arrange a replacement meter. Replies not instant, 24 hrs
    Quote Originally Posted by ColH76 View Post
    Hi ive just submitted my latest meter readings and upon checking the meter reading history have found that the meter hasn't moved since April. What shoud i do ?
  • hi Col
    My first reaction is to say lucky you - free gas! (sadly it doesn't work that way)
    ​Have you used any gas since April?
    Is it an old mechanical meter? What number has it stuck on?
    if the meter has stopped moving it needs replacing. (I wasn't clear whether it was the history that was broken or the meter)
    Go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team, explain and someone will arrange a replacement meter. Replies not instant, 24 hrs

• Hi Woz

Its the meter i'm having an issue with. Its a new build house so the meter is less than 4 years old. It was working ok but from April
    my meter readings have stayed the same, only realised today as for some reason the number sounded familiar. Upon checking my meter history is when i have seen it hasn't moved.
  • Hi Woz

Its the meter i'm having an issue with. Its a new build house so the meter is less than 4 years old. It was working ok but from April
    my meter readings have stayed the same, only realised today as for some reason the number sounded familiar. Upon checking my meter history is when i have seen it hasn't moved.

• ahh ok then as my reply, PP will arrange a meter change.
    Is it a mechanical meter? If not I'm just checking you're reading the right screen, if electronic it should say meter index and the reading
    Hi Woz

• ahh ok then as my reply, PP will arrange a meter change.
    Is it a mechanical meter? If not I'm just checking you're reading the right screen, if electronic it should say meter index and the reading
    Hi Woz

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    ahh ok then as my reply, PP will arrange a meter change.
    its a meter with the moving numbers as right now the last digit is between the 8 and 9
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    ahh ok then as my reply, PP will arrange a meter change.
    its a meter with the moving numbers as right now the last digit is between the 8 and 9