• referring disabled son but same email rejected

I have tried to refer my adult son as a new customer but the process gets stopped when I use my own email address which is already the one I use as an existing customer.

He has a severe learning disability so can't read or write but it seems he has to continue to be exploited by British Gas for his electricity because PP can't get their head aroun power of attorney. Really quite disappointed with this. It's not about the rewards by the way so have a company like pure planet never had any disabled customers whose accounts are mangaed and closely monitored by family or carers?
  • I have tried to refer my adult son as a new customer but the process gets stopped when I use my own email address which is already the one I use as an existing customer.

He has a severe learning disability so can't read or write but it seems he has to continue to be exploited by British Gas for his electricity because PP can't get their head aroun power of attorney. Really quite disappointed with this. It's not about the rewards by the way so have a company like pure planet never had any disabled customers whose accounts are mangaed and closely monitored by family or carers?

• Hi @dale44
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    You'll need a different email address for your son's account.
    Then, during the join process for him, make sure you use the Priority Services Register form - that way you'll be able to manage his account for him.
    This FAQ about the PSR has more info.
    Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting here too of course if you'vre got other questions.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @dale44
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    You'll need a different email address for your son's account.
    Then, during the join process for him, make sure you use the Priority Services Register form - that way you'll be able to manage his account for him.
    This FAQ about the PSR has more info.
    Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting here too of course if you'vre got other questions.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hello Marc, why does two account have to have two separate email contacts?

My son has been 'exploited' already by staff at his assissted living block so I am not having any of them in charge of his fuel usage. They already use his flat when he is not there for personal use. There are 13 residents in his block and if all goes smoothly with my son, then I am sure others would also want to switch but I can gaurantee, all other parents and carers would expect to manage their accounts with the family email.
  • Hello Marc, why does two account have to have two separate email contacts?

My son has been 'exploited' already by staff at his assissted living block so I am not having any of them in charge of his fuel usage. They already use his flat when he is not there for personal use. There are 13 residents in his block and if all goes smoothly with my son, then I am sure others would also want to switch but I can gaurantee, all other parents and carers would expect to manage their accounts with the family email.

• Hi dale44.
    You can sign up your son but as stated you need a differant email address.
    Once signed up simply log out of the app and then log back in using your sons email and this will allow only you to manage his acct. Nibody else needs to get involved.
    Just make sure the log in email comes to the device your using to manage the acct.
  • Hi dale44.
    You can sign up your son but as stated you need a differant email address.
    Once signed up simply log out of the app and then log back in using your sons email and this will allow only you to manage his acct. Nibody else needs to get involved.
    Just make sure the log in email comes to the device your using to manage the acct.

• It’s a lot simpler than you think Dale. I do it for my elderly parents, like many others here. I have one simple iPad device, and have two BT emails set up. Most households have 5 or 6 different emails set up for husband wife daughters sons etc, so quite straightforward. Give it a try 👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • It’s a lot simpler than you think Dale. I do it for my elderly parents, like many others here. I have one simple iPad device, and have two BT emails set up. Most households have 5 or 6 different emails set up for husband wife daughters sons etc, so quite straightforward. Give it a try 👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN