• Comfort Plus Control - Scottish Power Tariff

My mate has Comfort Plus Control white meter heating from Scottish Power, seemingly no other supplier will accept this type of tariff as it has three rates of supply. Normal domestic, cheap rate for nights and the third is a constant 24hr cheap rate for bedroom panel heaters and hot water. Im sure he said he pays 25p per normal day unit and 17p for the cheap rate. Any suggestions on an alternative tariff.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My mate has Comfort Plus Control white meter heating from Scottish Power, seemingly no other supplier will accept this type of tariff as it has three rates of supply. Normal domestic, cheap rate for nights and the third is a constant 24hr cheap rate for bedroom panel heaters and hot water. Im sure he said he pays 25p per normal day unit and 17p for the cheap rate. Any suggestions on an alternative tariff.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Jimmy
    PP can't take him on with that setup, he will need to have the meter changed and go to one mpan if he has two (which he almost certainly has, at a guess)
    My advice is for your mate to talk to SP with a view to changing his metering to Economy 7 with one mpan (one supply), then give it a few weeks and switch. He should not take a tariff with PP which has a penalty for leaving if he does that, it may cost a little more but it will only be for a short time. He will then have the option of doing a comparison, but if he changes to PP the day and night rates are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    My mate has Comfort Plus Control white meter heating from Scottish Power, seemingly no other supplier will accept this type of tariff as it has three rates of supply. Normal domestic, cheap rate for nights and the third is a constant 24hr cheap rate for bedroom panel heaters and hot water. Im sure he said he pays 25p per normal day unit and 17p for the cheap rate. Any suggestions on an alternative tariff.
  • hi Jimmy
    PP can't take him on with that setup, he will need to have the meter changed and go to one mpan if he has two (which he almost certainly has, at a guess)
    My advice is for your mate to talk to SP with a view to changing his metering to Economy 7 with one mpan (one supply), then give it a few weeks and switch. He should not take a tariff with PP which has a penalty for leaving if he does that, it may cost a little more but it will only be for a short time. He will then have the option of doing a comparison, but if he changes to PP the day and night rates are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    Hi @JimmyG
    Has the reply from @woz helped out?
    Hope your mate gets sorted soon.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    Hi @JimmyG
    Has the reply from @woz helped out?
    Hope your mate gets sorted soon.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet