• meter readings

Having recently joined PP and being away on holiday when final/opening readings were required, i have returned home and am trying to submit my readings now. Had no problem with my previous supplier who's website is straight forward, and I have never had any problem understanding, but I am beginning to wonder if I have made a big mistake in switching to PP as I am wasting a lot of time going round in circles trying to find out how to submit my readings on the website. I admit that I am an older person who is not really into apps. but I don't consider myself to be totally stupid and feel that I should be able to follow instructions on a website, however, when asking how to submit one off meter readings the website directs me to the menu where there is a meter reading option. Unfortunately, I can't even find the menu option on the home page and am getting very frustrated. I have never come across such a complicated system which does not appear to allow you to talk to an actual human being but if i don't get help soon I think I will be switching again in the near future. Hope this counts as a number of questions?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Having recently joined PP and being away on holiday when final/opening readings were required, i have returned home and am trying to submit my readings now. Had no problem with my previous supplier who's website is straight forward, and I have never had any problem understanding, but I am beginning to wonder if I have made a big mistake in switching to PP as I am wasting a lot of time going round in circles trying to find out how to submit my readings on the website. I admit that I am an older person who is not really into apps. but I don't consider myself to be totally stupid and feel that I should be able to follow instructions on a website, however, when asking how to submit one off meter readings the website directs me to the menu where there is a meter reading option. Unfortunately, I can't even find the menu option on the home page and am getting very frustrated. I have never come across such a complicated system which does not appear to allow you to talk to an actual human being but if i don't get help soon I think I will be switching again in the near future. Hope this counts as a number of questions?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi wjackson48 and welcome to the community.
    Firstly and most importantly are you logged in?
    If so you should see a person icon top right with the words log out next to it.
    To the left of that a pink button "Go to account" click that
    Top right 3 horizontal lines, (you may already see that if so you are logged in) click on that, drop down menu send a meter reading.
    ​What happens when you click on that?
    Some screenshots in post below, please post back if you are still having problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjackson48 View Post
    Having recently joined PP and being away on holiday when final/opening readings were required, i have returned home and am trying to submit my readings now. Had no problem with my previous supplier who's website is straight forward, and I have never had any problem understanding, but I am beginning to wonder if I have made a big mistake in switching to PP as I am wasting a lot of time going round in circles trying to find out how to submit my readings on the website. I admit that I am an older person who is not really into apps. but I don't consider myself to be totally stupid and feel that I should be able to follow instructions on a website, however, when asking how to submit one off meter readings the website directs me to the menu where there is a meter reading option. Unfortunately, I can't even find the menu option on the home page and am getting very frustrated. I have never come across such a complicated system which does not appear to allow you to talk to an actual human being but if i don't get help soon I think I will be switching again in the near future. Hope this counts as a number of questions?
    Last edited by woz; 08-09-19 at 15:13.
  • hi wjackson48 and welcome to the community.
    Firstly and most importantly are you logged in?
    If so you should see a person icon top right with the words log out next to it.
    To the left of that a pink button "Go to account" click that
    Top right 3 horizontal lines, (you may already see that if so you are logged in) click on that, drop down menu send a meter reading.
    ​What happens when you click on that?
    Some screenshots in post below, please post back if you are still having problems.

• 1.Name:  login-r.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  15.3 KB
    if you see below if not skip to 3
    2.Name:  gotoac-r.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  13.4 KB

3.Name:  menubar.jpg
Size:  10.2 KB
    4.Name:  sendreading-r.jpg
Size:  9.9 KB
  • 1.Name:  login-r.jpg
Size:  15.3 KB
    if you see below if not skip to 3
    2.Name:  gotoac-r.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  13.4 KB

3.Name:  menubar.jpg
Size:  10.2 KB
    4.Name:  sendreading-r.jpg
Size:  9.9 KB

• With your help I have now managed to post my meter readings so thank you for that. Why on earth does it not just say 'MENU' as there is often 3 lines or 3 dots in the top right hand corner of my computer so I did not recognise it as being the site menu? As I said in my previous post I have never come across such a complicated and long winded way of navigating a website, as it appears that I have to receive yet another email every time I want to do something on the website including replying to your post. I do basic things on my computer and anything new is alien to me. Now that you have explained it to me I must confess that I feel a bit stupid(but is that a problem with me or with the person who devised this unorthodox and confusing system?) Thanks again, your help was much appreciated.
  • With your help I have now managed to post my meter readings so thank you for that. Why on earth does it not just say 'MENU' as there is often 3 lines or 3 dots in the top right hand corner of my computer so I did not recognise it as being the site menu? As I said in my previous post I have never come across such a complicated and long winded way of navigating a website, as it appears that I have to receive yet another email every time I want to do something on the website including replying to your post. I do basic things on my computer and anything new is alien to me. Now that you have explained it to me I must confess that I feel a bit stupid(but is that a problem with me or with the person who devised this unorthodox and confusing system?) Thanks again, your help was much appreciated.

• Hi wjackson48.
    Going forward, you do not have to wait for emails each time you visit the site. If you don't log out, next time you open the website you should be logged in
  • Hi wjackson48.
    Going forward, you do not have to wait for emails each time you visit the site. If you don't log out, next time you open the website you should be logged in

• hi wjackson48
    You're welcome and I can assure you it's not you being stupid at all, you're quite right, there is no reason why the website can't bebetter labelled, it's like it is only because it was migrated from the app, and thought wasn't given to the change in demographic between app users and online users, so you make a good point.
    As said don't log out, no need.

With your help I have now managed to post my meter readings so thank you for that. Why on earth does it not just say 'MENU' as there is often 3 lines or 3 dots in the top right hand corner of my computer so I did not recognise it as being the site menu? As I said in my previous post I have never come across such a complicated and long winded way of navigating a website, as it appears that I have to receive yet another email every time I want to do something on the website including replying to your post. I do basic things on my computer and anything new is alien to me. Now that you have explained it to me I must confess that I feel a bit stupid(but is that a problem with me or with the person who devised this unorthodox and confusing system?) Thanks again, your help was much appreciated.
  • hi wjackson48
    You're welcome and I can assure you it's not you being stupid at all, you're quite right, there is no reason why the website can't bebetter labelled, it's like it is only because it was migrated from the app, and thought wasn't given to the change in demographic between app users and online users, so you make a good point.
    As said don't log out, no need.

With your help I have now managed to post my meter readings so thank you for that. Why on earth does it not just say 'MENU' as there is often 3 lines or 3 dots in the top right hand corner of my computer so I did not recognise it as being the site menu? As I said in my previous post I have never come across such a complicated and long winded way of navigating a website, as it appears that I have to receive yet another email every time I want to do something on the website including replying to your post. I do basic things on my computer and anything new is alien to me. Now that you have explained it to me I must confess that I feel a bit stupid(but is that a problem with me or with the person who devised this unorthodox and confusing system?) Thanks again, your help was much appreciated.

• Thanks again woz for your help and comments. I now have another question that I am hoping you can help me with. Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the various threads and posts that exist on this site but I am not sure how I would find it without having to trawl through lots of the threads that are here. My meters are in an awkward place in a cupboard under the stairs and the entance size is about 2'x3' and not much bigger inside. Added to that is the problem that we have a large L shaped sofa along the wall where the cupboard is situated and has to be moved every time we read the meters. The electric meter is not a major problem as it is facing me when I crawl into the cupboard and is easily readable but the gas meter is against the wall of the lowest part on my left so I am unable to see it straight on. In addition to that a very wide gas pipe runs down the front and middle of the display screen and in addition to that the backlight on the screen only remains on for about 3 seconds before going dark again. With my eyesight it is very difficult to get accurate readings so I have to do it multiple times to be sure I have got it right. My question is about Smart Meters as I have one from a previous supplier (not my last supplier) and I wondered if it could be utilised by Pure Planet to save all the hassle? If not, does PP have it's own SMs which could be fitted to my meters? Look forward to hearing from you and thanks again for your help.
  • Thanks again woz for your help and comments. I now have another question that I am hoping you can help me with. Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the various threads and posts that exist on this site but I am not sure how I would find it without having to trawl through lots of the threads that are here. My meters are in an awkward place in a cupboard under the stairs and the entance size is about 2'x3' and not much bigger inside. Added to that is the problem that we have a large L shaped sofa along the wall where the cupboard is situated and has to be moved every time we read the meters. The electric meter is not a major problem as it is facing me when I crawl into the cupboard and is easily readable but the gas meter is against the wall of the lowest part on my left so I am unable to see it straight on. In addition to that a very wide gas pipe runs down the front and middle of the display screen and in addition to that the backlight on the screen only remains on for about 3 seconds before going dark again. With my eyesight it is very difficult to get accurate readings so I have to do it multiple times to be sure I have got it right. My question is about Smart Meters as I have one from a previous supplier (not my last supplier) and I wondered if it could be utilised by Pure Planet to save all the hassle? If not, does PP have it's own SMs which could be fitted to my meters? Look forward to hearing from you and thanks again for your help.

• hi wjackson48
    have you filled in the priority services section of the app? It's under accounts. PP will arrange to have your meter read if you can't read it yourself.
    If you're logged in it should be here https://purepla.net/me/#/account-psr
    You can register to have a smart meter from PP, (but I'm not sure of the time scale) here https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start

here's a screenshot of part of the PSR section
    Name:  psr.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  22.0 KB
    Last edited by woz; 10-09-19 at 15:08.
  • hi wjackson48
    have you filled in the priority services section of the app? It's under accounts. PP will arrange to have your meter read if you can't read it yourself.
    If you're logged in it should be here https://purepla.net/me/#/account-psr
    You can register to have a smart meter from PP, (but I'm not sure of the time scale) here https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start

here's a screenshot of part of the PSR section
    Name:  psr.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  22.0 KB

• Thanks again WOZ, I registered when you posted but forgot to thank you.
  • Thanks again WOZ, I registered when you posted but forgot to thank you.

• Quote Originally Posted by wjackson48 View Post
    Thanks again WOZ, I registered when you posted but forgot to thank you.
    Nice one @wjackson48
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by wjackson48 View Post
    Thanks again WOZ, I registered when you posted but forgot to thank you.
    Nice one @wjackson48
    Community Manager - Pure Planet