• Switch from manual to smart

Hi, I last gave a manual reading early july for june, then had a smart meter installed late july. I thought it would send my readings automatically but turns out they don't yet. I didn't get a statement for July's usage, and went to do it manually today for August but first there seems to be only one reading and i used to have two (a hangover from being on economy 7), then when I try to submit the reading it keeps going straight to 'if you're happy click submit or change numbers' before letting me even type in. My usage records on the app only show to the month of June and I have no idea if you're getting my usage information or not. Does it even matter if I just don't send you readings?! Thanks!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi, I last gave a manual reading early july for june, then had a smart meter installed late july. I thought it would send my readings automatically but turns out they don't yet. I didn't get a statement for July's usage, and went to do it manually today for August but first there seems to be only one reading and i used to have two (a hangover from being on economy 7), then when I try to submit the reading it keeps going straight to 'if you're happy click submit or change numbers' before letting me even type in. My usage records on the app only show to the month of June and I have no idea if you're getting my usage information or not. Does it even matter if I just don't send you readings?! Thanks!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Phillipa
    with all the issues with smart meters my advice is for you to send a set of readings via wattbot, in a foot weeks if you still are unable to send via the app as it could be quite some time before your meter is sending readings. Type message the team and ask pp to check your account and give them some readings. At least you’ll know you’re on track when you get the next statement.
  • hi Phillipa
    with all the issues with smart meters my advice is for you to send a set of readings via wattbot, in a foot weeks if you still are unable to send via the app as it could be quite some time before your meter is sending readings. Type message the team and ask pp to check your account and give them some readings. At least you’ll know you’re on track when you get the next statement.

• Hi Phillippa,

It's taking a while for the smart meter readings to come through, my meters were fitted in May and I am still giving manual readings.

Here is a link to a FAQ about this

https://community.purepla.net/thread...lation-for-now
  • Hi Phillippa,

It's taking a while for the smart meter readings to come through, my meters were fitted in May and I am still giving manual readings.

Here is a link to a FAQ about this

https://community.purepla.net/thread...lation-for-now

• hi Philippa
    First can you make sure the app is up to date or delete and reinstall, see if it's the same?
    Are you able to enter the numbers and submit despite the problem you describe? ? If so you should. If not post back,
    ​then..if the same...I've not heard of that particular bug, if you're using the app are you able go online on a PC (not on your phone) log in at purepla.net, and see if it's the same with the "if you're happy..." part.
    (You'll need to be able to get your login mail on the pc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippa View Post
    Hi, I last gave a manual reading early july for june, then had a smart meter installed late july. I thought it would send my readings automatically but turns out they don't yet. I didn't get a statement for July's usage, and went to do it manually today for August but first there seems to be only one reading and i used to have two (a hangover from being on economy 7), then when I try to submit the reading it keeps going straight to 'if you're happy click submit or change numbers' before letting me even type in. My usage records on the app only show to the month of June and I have no idea if you're getting my usage information or not. Does it even matter if I just don't send you readings?! Thanks!
  • hi Philippa
    First can you make sure the app is up to date or delete and reinstall, see if it's the same?
    Are you able to enter the numbers and submit despite the problem you describe? ? If so you should. If not post back,
    ​then..if the same...I've not heard of that particular bug, if you're using the app are you able go online on a PC (not on your phone) log in at purepla.net, and see if it's the same with the "if you're happy..." part.
    (You'll need to be able to get your login mail on the pc)

• Hi,
    Thank you for your quick replies! I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference, and I have the same problem online too.
    Am also wondering if you would have been sent an uptodate reading at the time of the switch? If not then will you be missing a whole month of usage information?
    Anyway if someone could help with this reading somehow it would be much appreciated, thanks!
    And also to confirm that i only need one reading rather than two now. Thank you!
    Philippa
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your quick replies! I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference, and I have the same problem online too.
    Am also wondering if you would have been sent an uptodate reading at the time of the switch? If not then will you be missing a whole month of usage information?
    Anyway if someone could help with this reading somehow it would be much appreciated, thanks!
    And also to confirm that i only need one reading rather than two now. Thank you!
    Philippa

• Hi, could somebody help me with my previous question? @Marc? Does it matter if PP doesnt get any meter readings until the smart one works? The app is still not letting me submit any numbers. Thank you!
  • Hi, could somebody help me with my previous question? @Marc? Does it matter if PP doesnt get any meter readings until the smart one works? The app is still not letting me submit any numbers. Thank you!

• hi Philippa

It does and it doesn't...(that sounds unhelpful but it's not intended to be so)
    Your direct debit won't be affected but your statement will be estimated.
    Chances are the estimate will be close enough so you don't get any big surprises, but what I would do is the following...
    Take readings from the meters, (are you OK with that?) Ideally once a month, but it doesn't matter if you wait a bit longer, but at least you won't get any big surprises if it takes a while to sort out.
    Once the first set of readings are accepted your account will be on track, PP already know where the meters started, it will be from zero.

Hi, could somebody help me with my previous question? @Marc? Does it matter if PP doesnt get any meter readings until the smart one works? The app is still not letting me submit any numbers. Thank you!
  • hi Philippa

It does and it doesn't...(that sounds unhelpful but it's not intended to be so)
    Your direct debit won't be affected but your statement will be estimated.
    Chances are the estimate will be close enough so you don't get any big surprises, but what I would do is the following...
    Take readings from the meters, (are you OK with that?) Ideally once a month, but it doesn't matter if you wait a bit longer, but at least you won't get any big surprises if it takes a while to sort out.
    Once the first set of readings are accepted your account will be on track, PP already know where the meters started, it will be from zero.

Hi, could somebody help me with my previous question? @Marc? Does it matter if PP doesnt get any meter readings until the smart one works? The app is still not letting me submit any numbers. Thank you!

• Hi @woz,Thanks for your reply, the issue is that I'm unable to submit meter readings, as there is some problem with my app. But if my usage will continue to be estimated and then corrected once the smart meter is up and running, then I'm happy with that! Thanks.
  • Hi @woz,Thanks for your reply, the issue is that I'm unable to submit meter readings, as there is some problem with my app. But if my usage will continue to be estimated and then corrected once the smart meter is up and running, then I'm happy with that! Thanks.

• I got my smart meter installed recently and I still need to send readings manually, which isn't what I was expecting. It seems to me that the system behind these meters is still 'under construction'.
  • I got my smart meter installed recently and I still need to send readings manually, which isn't what I was expecting. It seems to me that the system behind these meters is still 'under construction'.

• It's exactly what I was expecting but then I'm a cynic...
    When have you ever known a large Uk infrastructure project to go accoring to plan and in budget?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    I got my smart meter installed recently and I still need to send readings manually, which isn't what I was expecting. It seems to me that the system behind these meters is still 'under construction'.
  • It's exactly what I was expecting but then I'm a cynic...
    When have you ever known a large Uk infrastructure project to go accoring to plan and in budget?
    I got my smart meter installed recently and I still need to send readings manually, which isn't what I was expecting. It seems to me that the system behind these meters is still 'under construction'.

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    It's exactly what I was expecting but then I'm a cynic...
    HS2?
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    It's exactly what I was expecting but then I'm a cynic...
    HS2?

• LOL!
    HS2?
  • LOL!
    HS2?

• Thanks @woz,That's a good idea!
  • Thanks @woz,That's a good idea!